Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:27:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170268 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2014, 11:52:05 AM »

So what's Bushie going to do if he lands a CADD job and finds out his supervisor smokes pot?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »

Bushie it sounds like you were the most responsible person at that call center. If you hadn't quit, you'd probably have worked your way up to assistant (to the?) manager within the year!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »

So what's Bushie going to do if he lands a CADD job and finds out his supervisor smokes pot?

That's fine, as long as the black man isn't the prevalent race there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #353 on: July 30, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »

I'm home from the two interviews.  First one was a bust.  They were selling life insurance and union benefits to gullible union members.  I sat and listened to the 45 minute presentation (time I will never get back), but when it was time to give our thoughts on the feedback form and if we wanted to pursue this, I got up and walked out.  I've done life insurance before.  Been there.  Done that.   Almost got the t-shirt.  The second interview took a whopping 3 minutes - 2 minutes 30 seconds of that waiting.  Since I had previously applied to that staffing agency for other positions, all he did was take my name and number and submit my name to the actual client.  I've never heard back from this particular staffing agency on any of the jobs I applied for, so I'm still not sure they don't have phantom job openings.  All in all, I think today was a bust.  Not to mention it was pouring down rain the entire time.  I got soaked to the bone for nothing...  Oh well, at least I didn't fall for that life insurance.   To be quite honest, it sounded like a slightly better version of Ameriplan.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #354 on: July 30, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »

Do you plan to actively campaign against Mary Fallin Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #355 on: July 30, 2014, 01:13:39 PM »

Do you plan to actively campaign against Mary Fallin Bushie?

Probably not actively campaign, but I will vote against her.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #356 on: July 30, 2014, 01:17:25 PM »

Bushie actually being critical of an interview and not saying it's the best job ever? Wow.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #357 on: July 30, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »

Bushie actually being critical of an interview and not saying it's the best job ever? Wow.

To borrow from his namesake, could Bushie be turning a corner??
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #358 on: July 30, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »

bushie, did allison ever get on to you about your chronic unemployment?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #359 on: July 30, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »

Bushie you should buy an umbrella.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: July 30, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »

bushie, did allison ever get on to you about your chronic unemployment?

Nope
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #361 on: July 30, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »

A long time ago I suggested that he considered cleaning toilets. Does Tulsa have municipal toilets?

Sure, but standing and bending all day?  Neh.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #362 on: July 30, 2014, 04:07:56 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2014, 06:53:28 PM by J-Mann »

I'm home from the two interviews.  First one was a bust.  They were selling life insurance and union benefits to gullible union members.  I sat and listened to the 45 minute presentation (time I will never get back), but when it was time to give our thoughts on the feedback form and if we wanted to pursue this, I got up and walked out.  I've done life insurance before.  Been there.  Done that.   Almost got the t-shirt.  The second interview took a whopping 3 minutes - 2 minutes 30 seconds of that waiting.  Since I had previously applied to that staffing agency for other positions, all he did was take my name and number and submit my name to the actual client.  I've never heard back from this particular staffing agency on any of the jobs I applied for, so I'm still not sure they don't have phantom job openings.  All in all, I think today was a bust.  Not to mention it was pouring down rain the entire time.  I got soaked to the bone for nothing...  Oh well, at least I didn't fall for that life insurance.   To be quite honest, it sounded like a slightly better version of Ameriplan.

Here's something that is confusing to me: how do you not know what you're supposed to be interviewing for until you're there? I can see keeping the name of a company confidential until you're deeper in the hiring process if you're working through a recruiter, but to not even know what the job is? How is that possible? You are at a point, Jeff, where you shouldn't be getting surprised in interviews. It's probably best that you don't respond to the vague postings that promise the potential of high wages and don't say what you'll be doing. It's best to work directly through a company's HR department, find roles on their websites and not on job boards, and work through recruiters, not staffing agencies.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #363 on: July 30, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »

I'm home from the two interviews.  First one was a bust.  They were selling life insurance and union benefits to gullible union members.  I sat and listened to the 45 minute presentation (time I will never get back), but when it was time to give our thoughts on the feedback form and if we wanted to pursue this, I got up and walked out.  I've done life insurance before.  Been there.  Done that.   Almost got the t-shirt.  The second interview took a whopping 3 minutes - 2 minutes 30 seconds of that waiting.  Since I had previously applied to that staffing agency for other positions, all he did was take my name and number and submit my name to the actual client.  I've never heard back from this particular staffing agency on any of the jobs I applied for, so I'm still not sure they don't have phantom job openings.  All in all, I think today was a bust.  Not to mention it was pouring down rain the entire time.  I got soaked to the bone for nothing...  Oh well, at least I didn't fall for that life insurance.   To be quite honest, it sounded like a slightly better version of Ameriplan.

Here's something that is confusing to me: how do you not know what you're ping to be interviewing for until you're there? I can see keeping the name of a company confidential until you're deeper in the hiring process if you're working through a recruiter, but to not even know what the job is? How is that possible? You are at a point, Jeff, where you shouldn't be getting surprised in interviews. It's probably best that you don't respond to the vague postings that promise the potential of high wars and don't say what you'll be doing. It's best to work directly through a company's HR department, find roles on their websites and not on job boards, and work through recruiters, not staffing agencies.

I have worked with Recruiters and staffing agencies in the past (though didn't land a job through them).  When I used them, there were times I knew the potential employer, there were times I didn't, but I always had some type of knowledge of what the position was about, what in entailed, etc through the conversation I had over the phone prior to the inrerview, as well as the job posting itself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: July 30, 2014, 04:51:12 PM »

Here's something that is confusing to me: how do you not know what you're ping to be interviewing for until you're there? I can see keeping the name of a company confidential until you're deeper in the hiring process if you're working through a recruiter, but to not even know what the job is? How is that possible? You are at a point, Jeff, where you shouldn't be getting surprised in interviews. It's probably best that you don't respond to the vague postings that promise the potential of high wars and don't say what you'll be doing. It's best to work directly through a company's HR department, find roles on their websites and not on job boards, and work through recruiters, not staffing agencies.

I have worked with Recruiters and staffing agencies in the past (though didn't land a job through them).  When I used them, there were times I knew the potential employer, there were times I didn't, but I always had some type of knowledge of what the position was about, what in entailed, etc through the conversation I had over the phone prior to the inrerview, as well as the job posting itself.

I definitely had an idea of the objectives of the position, but I didn't know the means to achieving said objectives would be selling life insurance.  That part wasn't disclosed on the ad.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #365 on: July 30, 2014, 04:56:31 PM »

So Bushie, what would you do if you got a CADD job with a pot smoking supervisor?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: July 30, 2014, 05:45:53 PM »

So Bushie, what would you do if you got a CADD job with a pot smoking supervisor?

I'd bite my tongue and work.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #367 on: July 30, 2014, 06:57:02 PM »

I definitely had an idea of the objectives of the position, but I didn't know the means to achieving said objectives would be selling life insurance.  That part wasn't disclosed on the ad.

I would avoid those types of postings, or at least make a phone call for very clear information on the position first. That would be like me posting this:

Work for an entrepreneurial-minded company in a fast-paced and exciting environment! Work with many diverse customers! Make money!

... and then you showing up and finding out it's a sales job. Good jobs and good job postings will give you an idea of both goals and responsibilities.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #368 on: July 30, 2014, 07:33:24 PM »

Is The Update wiki still around?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2014, 11:09:51 PM »

http://theupdate.wikia.com/wiki/TheUpdate_Wiki

Nobody ever put anything on it really, but yes.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2014, 11:15:27 PM »

Oh god, it is so depressing to read Jeff's first post and to then know the road forward.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #371 on: July 30, 2014, 11:29:41 PM »

God, I would love to read a prequel series about what Bushie was up to between graduating from college and beginning Update five years ago! We still know so little about his first ex-fiancee!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #372 on: July 31, 2014, 12:06:09 AM »

God, I would love to read a prequel series about what Bushie was up to between graduating from college and beginning Update five years ago! We still know so little about his first ex-fiancee!

So, wait, he's had a total of four fiancees?  Tiffanye, Susan, Allison, and then someone else before all of that, pre-2009?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #373 on: July 31, 2014, 12:07:13 AM »

So, wait, he's had a total of four fiancees?  Tiffanye, Susan, Allison, and then someone else before all of that, pre-2009?

It should be like StarWars or Lord of the Rings and have 3 movies for the the prequels.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2014, 12:14:21 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2014, 12:18:13 AM by Herman Cain's Gold Chain »

So, wait, he's had a total of four fiancees?  Tiffanye, Susan, Allison, and then someone else before all of that, pre-2009?

Yeah, there was some mystery woman (named Somer, who is (last we were told) married to someone else now) before the Update saga began who he was briefly engaged to (and lost his virginity to, if I remember correctly). She was the one who some time later set him up with Tiffanye. Unfortunately she has not featured in the Update saga since the pilot episode, when she had Tiffanye and Bushie over to her house to meet for the first time.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies