Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:10:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170383 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 01, 2014, 11:56:37 PM »

Have you not considered that your diet is in fact causing your headaches and stomach upsets?

The headaches are part diet, mostly genetic.  The stomachaches are diet.

So fix your diet!  Dude... you're killing your liver taking all of this stuff (not so much the Tums, but that could make you constipated), and it's so avoidable.

Ugh!  You right-wingers.

Bushie has lived off a diet of grilled hamburgers, E & B, M & C, (quick note, I've never seen eggs and bacon/mac and cheese shortened to JUST an acronym... another incredible Update-ism), and enchilada casserole for his entire life.  He's not going to just drop it all and start nibbling on radishes, bub.  
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #476 on: August 02, 2014, 12:05:59 AM »

Have you not considered that your diet is in fact causing your headaches and stomach upsets?

So fix your diet!  Dude... you're killing your liver taking all of this stuff (not so much the Tums, but that could make you constipated), and it's so avoidable.

Ugh!  You right-wingers.

Bushie has lived off a diet of grilled hamburgers, E & B, M & C, (quick note, I've never seen eggs and bacon/mac and cheese shortened to JUST an acronym... another incredible Update-ism), and enchilada casserole for his entire life.  He's not going to just drop it all and start nibbling on radishes, bub.  

Uh, bub, you're the first person to mention radishes. I'm not saying he has to become a health nut, but if he went from eating burgers twice a week to once a month, that'd be a big step in the right direction. Cut the strawman crap... you're supposed to be maturer than that.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #477 on: August 02, 2014, 12:19:34 AM »

Ugh!  You right-wingers.

Uh, bub, you're the first person to mention radishes. I'm not saying he has to become a health nut, but if he went from eating burgers twice a week to once a month, that'd be a big step in the right direction. Cut the strawman crap... you're supposed to be maturer than that.

Whaaaaaa?  Since when?! 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #478 on: August 02, 2014, 03:24:28 AM »

Bushie, it does seem like the place is legit eve without seeing much info on it good or bad.  With that being said you should have a clear idea of what will be expected out of you, the details the job entails, etc
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #479 on: August 02, 2014, 03:31:33 AM »

Where's the CAD(D) certificate?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #480 on: August 02, 2014, 03:54:40 AM »

Apparently one can get a CAD(D) related job without needing to produce it...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #481 on: August 02, 2014, 08:50:05 AM »

Apparently one can get a CAD(D) related job without needing to produce it...

Maybe my instructor was right after all, you think?  Anyway, the certificate should be coming in the mail toward the end of this coming week.  The lady I talked to on Tuesday said it would take about a week to get put in the mail and then it takes two business days to get to me, so I should have it, hopefully, by Thursday or Friday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #482 on: August 02, 2014, 08:54:13 AM »

Bushie, it does seem like the place is legit eve without seeing much info on it good or bad.  With that being said you should have a clear idea of what will be expected out of you, the details the job entails, etc

I have a very clear idea of what will be expected out of me and what I need to do to pass the trial period.  In a nutshell, I will be taking drawings of heating systems and their bill of material and breaking them into smaller, individual part drawings complete with their own individual bills of material and then sending the completed drawings to the engineer to have the parts physically produced.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #483 on: August 02, 2014, 12:00:11 PM »

I told my Grandma about the job this morning and she is, like we all are, thrilled and relieved.  This long 5 month job search has hopefully reached it's conclusion.  I won't get paid a whole lot, but it will be enough and I'll gain even more valuable experience.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2014, 12:03:37 PM »

Is it minimum wage?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #485 on: August 02, 2014, 12:04:30 PM »

No, it's quite a bit more than that at $11.00 an hour.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #486 on: August 02, 2014, 12:08:51 PM »

11/hr in Oklahoma is pretty good
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #487 on: August 02, 2014, 12:42:58 PM »

Bushie, what is your current health insurance situation? Do you still get it through your Tribe?

Your income would make you eligible for a heavily subsidized Exchange product that includes subsidized copays and deductibles. You ought to look into that for next year, just to see what your options are.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2014, 01:16:08 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2014, 01:18:22 PM by memphis »

Challenge for math nerds. Presume Bushie had been hired for a retail job at $7.25/hr on the date that he began CADD school and continues to work at 40 hours/week going forward. As a seperate scenario, presume Bushie, begins CADD tomorrow, also at 40 hours/week, but at $11/hr, and with a starting cumulative earnings of -$3000 to account for student loans. At what future date does the cumulative CADD earnings, including the negative $3000 for the loan, overtake his cumulative earnings at the retail job? For the sake of simplicity, disregard all taxes and student loan interest, both of which, in the real world, would push the date  even further back.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2014, 01:22:17 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2014, 01:24:33 PM by Eraserhead »

11/hr in Oklahoma is pretty good

Yep, not too bad. I thought he'd be getting $7.25 an hour with the way he was talking about the pay he'll be taking home...
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2014, 01:46:19 PM »

Challenge for math nerds. Presume Bushie had been hired for a retail job at $7.25/hr on the date that he began CADD school and continues to work at 40 hours/week going forward. As a seperate scenario, presume Bushie, begins CADD tomorrow, also at 40 hours/week, but at $11/hr, and with a starting cumulative earnings of -$3000 to account for student loans. At what future date does the cumulative CADD earnings, including the negative $3000 for the loan, overtake his cumulative earnings at the retail job? For the sake of simplicity, disregard all taxes and student loan interest, both of which, in the real world, would push the date  even further back.

Do you want to bring discounted cash flow into the situation so that present value is taken into account?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2014, 02:17:57 PM by memphis »

The time value or money is a very important point, especially for somebody like Bushie who carries high interest credit card debt. However, for the sake of simplicity, lets just solve the problem simply first. Maybe we can account for factors like this and taxes later.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2014, 03:19:32 PM »

bushie will you be drawing these hvac parts by hand or on the computer?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »

bushie will you be drawing these hvac parts by hand or on the computer?

On the computer.  Hand drafting is obsolete.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #494 on: August 02, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »

Today is a great day! God continues to ravage both my life and Bushie's. He has finally given him a little break from the darkness he has otherwise brought on his life for years now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #495 on: August 02, 2014, 05:19:27 PM »

I'm really hoping and praying that I can not only meet their expectations in the first 90 days, but knock their socks off with how well I pick it up and how well I do.  I really need to make this work, because eventually Dad will need to retire.  The projected time for his retirement is only 7 years away, and they've got a car to pay off as well as needing to get their finances ready to drop down to two retirement paychecks.  The sooner I can get off their dole, the better off I and they will be.  I've got a great opportunity to do just that starting in a little under 40 hours.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: August 02, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »

According to www.manta.com my company has been in business since 1970 and employs 10-19 people.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2014, 07:12:38 PM »

According to www.manta.com my company has been in business since 1970 and employs 10-19 people.

LOL. Well.. that took me all of 3 minutes to find out the company name.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2014, 07:15:05 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2014, 07:24:11 PM by J-Mann »

I'm really hoping and praying that I can not only meet their expectations in the first 90 days, but knock their socks off with how well I pick it up and how well I do.  I really need to make this work, because eventually Dad will need to retire.  The projected time for his retirement is only 7 years away, and they've got a car to pay off as well as needing to get their finances ready to drop down to two retirement paychecks.  The sooner I can get off their dole, the better off I and they will be.  I've got a great opportunity to do just that starting in a little under 40 hours.

How old are your parents?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #499 on: August 02, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »

I'm really hoping and praying that I can not only meet their expectations in the first 90 days, but knock their socks off with how well I pick it up and how well I do.  I really need to make this work, because eventually Dad will need to retire.  The projected time for his retirement is only 7 years away, and they've got a car to pay off as well as needing to get their finances ready to drop down to two retirement paychecks.  The sooner I can get off their dole, the better off I and they will be.  I've got a great opportunity to do just that starting in a little under 40 hours.

How old are our parents?

Mom is 61 and Dad is 62.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies