Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:40:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170642 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: August 09, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »

Instead of waiting and talking myself out of it, I'm at the laundromat now.  I'm using a public laundromat instead of the apartment laundry facility.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #726 on: August 09, 2014, 04:51:07 PM »

Man I'm still nervous that Bushie's supervisor is down on him.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #727 on: August 09, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »

What did you have at the Delta Cafe?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #728 on: August 09, 2014, 05:19:10 PM »

Man I'm still nervous that Bushie's supervisor is down on him.

Don't be nervous.  He and I talked Friday at the end of the day and he's pleased with my progress and gave me pointers on what to work on in week 2.  I just need to work on remembering everything he tells me.  I've had to ask him two or three times on a couple things, but I'm starting to get it.  But, having stuff to work on is part of being human.  I'm a newbie and he acknowledges there is a learning curve in place.  I just need to learn quick.  I'm expecting to go a long way toward that this week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #729 on: August 09, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »

What did you have at the Delta Cafe?

Cheeseburger and a vanilla milk shake.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #730 on: August 09, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »

The laundry is finished and I'm sitting in my love seat about to watch Johnny Football's NFL debut on the NFL Network.  The public laundromat was a whole lot more efficient.  It took me a little under 2 hours to do it all.  It was still about 35 minutes longer than what it should have as I accidentally overloaded the dryer.  Oops...
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #731 on: August 09, 2014, 07:23:23 PM »

Week 1 was awesome.  I don't know how else I can put it.  Now, though, I am beginning to shift my focus to Week 2.  I am still going to enjoy the rest of my weekend, but my work focus is shifting to building on what I learned in Week 1 in Week 2 as well as improving on the things I need to improve on in this new week.  As good as Week 1 was, I am going to do everything I can to make Week 2 even better!!

A mere 137 days from Christmas and Bushie's focus is elsewhere!?

E-Gads, gentlemen!  Bushie might have found his dream job. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #732 on: August 09, 2014, 07:29:20 PM »

I have an important announcement.  I have officially set a date for the erection of my 2014 Christmas Tree!! - Saturday, October 11, 2014!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #733 on: August 09, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »

Week 1 was awesome.  I don't know how else I can put it.  Now, though, I am beginning to shift my focus to Week 2.  I am still going to enjoy the rest of my weekend, but my work focus is shifting to building on what I learned in Week 1 in Week 2 as well as improving on the things I need to improve on in this new week.  As good as Week 1 was, I am going to do everything I can to make Week 2 even better!!

A mere 137 days from Christmas and Bushie's focus is elsewhere!?

E-Gads, gentlemen!  Bushie might have found his dream job. 

I can focus on both. Smiley
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #734 on: August 09, 2014, 08:47:05 PM »

I have an important announcement.  I have officially set a date for the erection of my 2014 Christmas Tree!! - Saturday, October 11, 2014!!

Your scheduling of brief relaxations has gone too far.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #735 on: August 09, 2014, 08:50:53 PM »

I have an important announcement.  I have officially set a date for the erection of my 2014 Christmas Tree!! - Saturday, October 11, 2014!!

Your scheduling of brief relaxations has gone too far.

Haha!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #736 on: August 09, 2014, 09:01:12 PM »

Why go out for a hamburger? It's the easiest thing in the world to make at home. Also, while it's nice that you have a job now, at your current wage and debt levels, you still can't afford to eat out ever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #737 on: August 09, 2014, 09:06:48 PM »

Why go out for a hamburger? It's the easiest thing in the world to make at home. Also, while it's nice that you have a job now, at your current wage and debt levels, you still can't afford to eat out ever.

Oh, I know.  I went to the grocery store today and got stuff for lunches and dinners this week so I can eat in all week starting tomorrow.  I'm going back to my parents next weekend, so if we go out to eat, they'll foot the bill.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #738 on: August 09, 2014, 09:51:11 PM »

Will Bushie finally learn how to cook without assistance now that he has a job??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #739 on: August 09, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »

Will Bushie finally learn how to cook without assistance now that he has a job??

I'm certainly going to try.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #740 on: August 09, 2014, 10:37:20 PM »

I'm certainly going to try.

...it's NOT... THAT... HARD.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #741 on: August 09, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »

Oh, I know.  I went to the grocery store today and got stuff for lunches and dinners this week so I can eat in all week starting tomorrow.  I'm going back to my parents next weekend, so if we go out to eat, they'll foot the bill.

At this point, aren't they pretty much footing the bill anyway?  There's no way you're even paying half your expenses (and yes, debt reduction is an expense).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: August 09, 2014, 11:06:59 PM »

At this point, aren't they pretty much footing the bill anyway?  There's no way you're even paying half your expenses (and yes, debt reduction is an expense).

I will be paying for nearly 2/3 of my bills with my expected income.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #743 on: August 09, 2014, 11:11:37 PM »

Yeah, I've heard that before.  You were supposed to be fully financially independent in April.  I'll believe it when I see it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #744 on: August 10, 2014, 02:20:43 AM »

What do they have at the delta cafe anyway? I feel like most of the places you eat have the same menu items?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #745 on: August 10, 2014, 06:52:02 AM »

Yeah, I've heard that before.  You were supposed to be fully financially independent in April.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Can we have a moratorium on discussing financial issues while he's getting adjusted to his job, don't you think?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #746 on: August 10, 2014, 08:08:34 AM »

Can we have a moratorium on discussing financial issues while he's getting adjusted to his job, don't you think?

That's a very good idea.  I'm still trying to get adjusted to this job and haven't received a paycheck, yet.  I will get a week's worth of pay this coming Friday and will get a full 2 weeks of pay on Friday, August 29.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #747 on: August 10, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »

What do they have at the delta cafe anyway? I feel like most of the places you eat have the same menu items?
We have this chain in Memphis, except that here it's called the Dixie Cafe. Once per month my mother and all her old lady friends get together there and spend hours there, hogging some poor waitress's section all afternoon and leaving a miserly tip. It's old people food. Lots of greasy, fried options. Bland, overcooked mushy veggies. Ultra refined carbohydrates and margarine around every corner. It's amazing to hear of somebody under 60 going there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #748 on: August 10, 2014, 12:58:53 PM »

I am really looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  I think it will be a really good week.  I'll go in at 7:30 in the morning just like I did Friday.  I have three tasks to do very first thing before I start my next project.  My supervisor usually comes in around 8:15 and I have to wait for him to give me a new project to work on.  I hope to have my first project of Week 2 to work on between 8:30 and 9:00.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #749 on: August 10, 2014, 03:23:02 PM »

The Onion steals an Update motif as a joke yet again:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-under-impression-he-went-down-fighting,36611/
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies