Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:31:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 169567 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:28 PM »

While I understand that Bushie's history makes it almost necessary to question every detail, I feel like we're at the point where most of the things happening to him (not posting before work, moving on to a new project) are things that happen in a normal workplace with a normal person

Indeed.  Very concerned : (

There's nothing to be concerned about.  Every employee at some point doesn't have time to post on social media before going to work and the things I am doing at work are stuff everybody deals with.  I don't know why you're making a big deal out of every minor detail.

Because you lie about major details and try to pass them off as minor details. Only a fool would take everything you say at face value.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #851 on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:18 PM »

While I understand that Bushie's history makes it almost necessary to question every detail, I feel like we're at the point where most of the things happening to him (not posting before work, moving on to a new project) are things that happen in a normal workplace with a normal person

There's nothing to be concerned about.  Every employee at some point doesn't have time to post on social media before going to work and the things I am doing at work are stuff everybody deals with.  I don't know why you're making a big deal out of every minor detail.

Because you lie about major details and try to pass them off as minor details. Only a fool would take everything you say at face value.

While I don't disagree with that, I can say something that is true - I am doing the best job I can taking care of this job.  It's time people start seeing my employment as that of a normal person.  Because you know what?  I am normal.  I am just like everyone else.  I am no better and no worse.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #852 on: August 12, 2014, 08:48:33 PM »

BTW - do you know why your life suddenly speeds up and years go so quickly? Because once you get past a certain age, life becomes a countdown to events. I cannot imagine how quickly your years must go.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #853 on: August 12, 2014, 09:02:22 PM »

Due to not having anything to do when I first get there as I am between projects, I have decided to go in at 0800 instead of 0730 tomorrow.  I'll still get off at 1630.  My boss doesn't usually get there until 0815 or 0830 so I don't want to spend 45-60 minutes of my shift doing nothing.

Uh oh...

What's going on?

Nothing.  I'm just in between projects right now, so I don't have anything to do until he gives me a new project to work on.   I don't want to waste his time by going in at 0730.  I'd rather go in at 0800 which is closer to the time he arrives so I can waste as little of his time as possible.

Aren't you the guy who chose to come to work 45 minutes early to, what was it, go to the bathroom, do some bible study, lubricate your throat with some Dr. Pepper, boot the computer, and do general unnecessary things?

I may have done that before, though not to that extreme, but it was not on company time and has not been in this job.

Booting your computer and going to the bathroom are things that can be done on the clock and should be.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #854 on: August 12, 2014, 09:13:36 PM »

I'm glad you decided to stick to the 7:30 am start time, Jeff. Rationalizing later start times for any reason can be a motivation killer ... and I speak from experience. I hate mornings, and even though I know that 7:30 to 8:30 am can often be extremely productive, I find myself rationalizing a later start time every morning. It's best not to get into that habit.

I'm sure you can find things to work on during that time. I know that being hourly is different, but your supervisor may be pleasantly surprised if you head in at your usual time and find something productive to do -- maybe review your previous projects and note areas of improvement.

I think the skepticism of the group is warranted, given your history of embellishment and purposefully ignorant optimism. I'm trusting, though, that you're doing the right things and making the real progress that it seems you are. That's probably leaving somewhat of a vacuum around here. Admittedly, the positivity of the Update is making it more difficult for me to get on my high horse.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #855 on: August 12, 2014, 09:47:38 PM »

Good job, Bushie. Keep proving the forum wrong. Most of us are happy to be proved wrong.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #856 on: August 12, 2014, 09:51:37 PM »

I'm glad you decided to stick to the 7:30 am start time, Jeff. Rationalizing later start times for any reason can be a motivation killer ... and I speak from experience. I hate mornings, and even though I know that 7:30 to 8:30 am can often be extremely productive, I find myself rationalizing a later start time every morning. It's best not to get into that habit.

I'm sure you can find things to work on during that time. I know that being hourly is different, but your supervisor may be pleasantly surprised if you head in at your usual time and find something productive to do -- maybe review your previous projects and note areas of improvement.

I think the skepticism of the group is warranted, given your history of embellishment and purposefully ignorant optimism. I'm trusting, though, that you're doing the right things and making the real progress that it seems you are. That's probably leaving somewhat of a vacuum around here. Admittedly, the positivity of the Update is making it more difficult for me to get on my high horse.

While I think it helps someone like Bushie... everyone is different. I'm certainly not productive at all in the early morning and even the late morning is a stretch and requires caffeine. Tongue
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2014, 10:02:02 PM »

While I think it helps someone like Bushie... everyone is different. I'm certainly not productive at all in the early morning and even the late morning is a stretch and requires caffeine. Tongue

Ugh, I hear ya ... mornings are the worst. I'm much more of a late-night person.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #858 on: August 12, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »

Especially for Jeff because I can identify.  I am also the type to take liberties whenever I think I can get away with it, but I have my limits.  Bushie seems to see an inch and take several miles.  Next thing we know, Bushie thinks "well, it's pretty good to get in only 15 minutes after the boss, so 0830 will now be the time of arrival", rationalizing it by saying the extra sleep will help stomachaches, headaches, more time for productive fat-shredding dumps, etc.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #859 on: August 12, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »

Defensiveness!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #860 on: August 12, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »

While I don't disagree with that, I can say something that is true - I am doing the best job I can taking care of this job.  It's time people start seeing my employment as that of a normal person.  Because you know what?  I am normal.  I am just like everyone else.  I am no better and no worse.

These are my favorite defensive-Bushie type of posts, where he insists that his actions and life aren't actually on the extreme of the bell curve.

Granted, he is making (or at least he appears to be) progress.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #861 on: August 12, 2014, 10:16:03 PM »

I loathe mornings. Always have, always will.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #862 on: August 12, 2014, 10:20:19 PM »

I sort of love/hate mornings. If I don't wake up at 6:30, I want to sleep in until 11:30 but I like waking up at 6:30 when I do.

And if I don't go to bed at 10:30, I won't be tired again until 2 am.

That's my Bushie-level quirk.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #863 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18:09 AM »

I sort of love/hate mornings. If I don't wake up at 6:30, I want to sleep in until 11:30 but I like waking up at 6:30 when I do.

And if I don't go to bed at 10:30, I won't be tired again until 2 am.

That's my Bushie-level quirk.

Well that describes me exactly, so you're not alone at least.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #864 on: August 13, 2014, 03:24:01 AM »

you people think 7:30 am is early?  ha!  my workday begins at 5:30!

anyway, it depresses me when bushie uses the phrase 'company time.'
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #865 on: August 13, 2014, 06:42:40 AM »

Good Wednesday Morning!  I am up and ready for another fantastic day - Day 8.  I'll leave here at 0705 this morning to get there by 0730.  Tonight is Week 2 of the Discipleship Training Bible Study at Lynn Lane Baptist Church.  That goes from 1830-2000.  Have a good hump day, everybody!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #866 on: August 13, 2014, 07:16:06 AM »

I can't believe that after years of people encouraging Bushie to find a non-call center job and stick with it, once he's accomplished that, he's getting cracks about sex and his social life.

I'm not anyone important here and can't summon up the moral authority of a Gustaf or Al to rain down lightning bolts on this thread, but I ask people to take a step back, think about what's actually happened here, and whether what you're doing is helping or hurting. 

Haha, I should summon up moral authority more often. I could use some. Tongue

Anyway, you mean people aren't actually helping and supporting Bushie? SHOCKER! Shocked
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #867 on: August 13, 2014, 10:02:27 AM »

You would think after all these years and hours of Bible study Bushie would have the whole thing down by memory.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #868 on: August 13, 2014, 10:14:50 AM »

Onion strikes again

http://www.theonion.com/articles/im-always-open-to-feedback-that-i-can-get-defensiv,36671/
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #869 on: August 13, 2014, 11:54:52 AM »

Are you sure no one from the Onion reads the Update?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #870 on: August 13, 2014, 12:07:27 PM »

This is literally perfect.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #871 on: August 13, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »

I wish I were clever enough to write for The Onion. Those people are geniuses!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #872 on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:13 PM »

The Onion is located in Chicago. Has Boris told us what he does for a living?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #873 on: August 13, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »

Good Wednesday Evening!  Today was probably the best day I've had of the 8 days I've been there.  There were no mistakes, really.  I didn't accidentally reverse any work.  I'm starting to pinpoint my errors a little better.  There are still things I need to watch out for, but overall my body of work is improving.  I'm on to Work Night #9 now and will leave for church at 1815.  I should be home by 2020 and I'll get my shower right after I get home tonight and then go to bed at 2200.  Last night, I was getting so sleepy that I went to bed at 2115.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #874 on: August 13, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »

Bushie have you considered botox injections for your headaches? I'm back in Texas and watching TV, and they have all these advertisements here that you don't see when you watch shows on your computer, and one of them is for botox injections for people with chronic headaches. The website is: botoxchronicmigraine.com.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies