Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 169513 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: August 13, 2014, 05:24:15 PM »

My boss gets regular botox treatments for his headaches. From what I've heard, it's pretty effective.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #876 on: August 13, 2014, 05:29:03 PM »

I left the house this morning on time and had everything I needed.  Or so I thought...  I realized when I was 2/3 of the way to work that I forgot something... My lunch...  I had to scramble and was only able to have snacks for lunch...  I suppose I should eat something a little more substantial and healthy tonight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #877 on: August 13, 2014, 05:30:19 PM »

Bushie have you considered botox injections for your headaches? I'm back in Texas and watching TV, and they have all these advertisements here that you don't see when you watch shows on your computer, and one of them is for botox injections for people with chronic headaches. The website is: botoxchronicmigraine.com.

I have not considered that, yet.  To me that's a last resort if they become completely uncontrollable.  They're not to that point, yet, thankfully.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #878 on: August 13, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »

I left the house this morning on time and had everything I needed.  Or so I thought...  I realized when I was 2/3 of the way to work that I forgot something... My lunch...  I had to scramble and was only able to have snacks for lunch...  I suppose I should eat something a little more substantial and healthy tonight.

What do you normally eat for lunch, and what did you eat today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #879 on: August 13, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »

I usually have something very light.  I usually have either Ramen, a lunchable, or Dinty Moore Beef Stew, or something along those lines.  I know they're not the healthiest options, but they're quick that I can heat up and consume in under 30 minutes without rushing.  Today, I had to resort to snack machine cookies...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #880 on: August 13, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »

is allison pleased that youre now a cad?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #881 on: August 13, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »

Bushie have you considered botox injections for your headaches? I'm back in Texas and watching TV, and they have all these advertisements here that you don't see when you watch shows on your computer, and one of them is for botox injections for people with chronic headaches. The website is: botoxchronicmigraine.com.

I have not considered that, yet.  To me that's a last resort if they become completely uncontrollable.  They're not to that point, yet, thankfully.

Why is a legitimate medical treatment a "last resort" to you? You know it's not the same type of injections people get for cosmetic reasons, yes?

If you've been missing work due to your headaches, they're seriously impacting your life. You should talk to your doctor about them and get his opinion.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #882 on: August 13, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »

I usually have something very light.  I usually have either Ramen, a lunchable, or Dinty Moore Beef Stew, or something along those lines.  I know they're not the healthiest options, but they're quick that I can heat up and consume in under 30 minutes without rushing.  Today, I had to resort to snack machine cookies...

It's so easy to prepare healthier and sometimes cheaper meals though. You can make a salad on Sunday night that can last you for lunches the entire weak. Or you can buy cold-cut meat, lettuce, Dijon mustard, and bread to make nice sandwiches.

Let's get real here: if you really want to turn your health and weight around, a couple of half measures aren't going to make a difference. Every time you make a change, it's either so insignificant that it doesn't make a dent (soda to diet soda), or you compensate in some other unhealthy direction. The evidence is clear that gradualism and "I'm trying my best, for REAL thing time guys!" will not work. You need to make significant but realistic life-style changes that you follow through on: starting with 1-mi walks 4 days a week, protein shakes in the morning to healthily suppress your appetite, no more soda, no more Braums, no more golden corral. Your body and wallet will thank you six months from now.

If you want the headaches and chronic fatigue to stop you need to put control of your health into your own hands.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #883 on: August 13, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »

I love how bushie considers lunchables and beef stew light meals Tongue
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #884 on: August 13, 2014, 07:23:14 PM »

I love how bushie considers lunchables and beef stew light meals Tongue

Yeah. His idea of healthy food is even less healthy than the burgers, which at least have lettuce and tomato on them.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #885 on: August 13, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »

I have not considered that, yet.  To me that's a last resort if they become completely uncontrollable.  They're not to that point, yet, thankfully.

Why is a legitimate medical treatment a "last resort" to you? You know it's not the same type of injections people get for cosmetic reasons, yes?

If you've been missing work due to your headaches, they're seriously impacting your life. You should talk to your doctor about them and get his opinion.

Bushie doesn't trust poison you can't inject orally.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #886 on: August 13, 2014, 07:44:03 PM »

Healthy Choice frozen lunches heat in 6 minutes. No excuses for garbage like lunchables or canned crap.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #887 on: August 13, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »

I remember when lunchables were first introduced. I was a small child, but even then I was shocked that somebody could eat a few crackers, a cut up piece of turkey, and a cut up piece of cheese as lunch. It's not even enough food for a kid, much less an adult. I can't believe they've been successful.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #888 on: August 13, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »

Healthy Choice frozen lunches heat in 6 minutes. No excuses for garbage like lunchables or canned crap.

He's a 32 year old man... no lunchables.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #889 on: August 13, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »

I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries and two Cokes for lunch today. I'm also 6'2" and 175 pounds ... so ...

Lunchables aren't the cheapest option, but I think some of Jeff's hesitation is likely due to his personal financial situation. His parents may be paying for some of his bills, but he probably doesn't have a big food budget yet. And eating truly healthy can be pricey, especially if you're not a savvy buyer.

When I was fresh out of college and barely scraping by making $26,000 living in the DC-area, I ate A LOT of frozen microwave dinners and Dinty Moore stews. When I moved back to Kansas, I could survive on $35 a month for my food budget ... but nothing was particularly healthy (usually refried beans, potatoes and rice, with some bread). My partner and I try to eat at home now -- usually some sort of a meat entree, vegetables and rice. He eats better than I do during the day, usually having several small snacks -- peanut butter sandwiches, nuts, celery and carrots, or dried fruit. And while we try to keep a handle on our food budget, it can easily be $600 a month for both of us (not counting any meals out).

Jeff probably needs more than high-level suggestions ... a weekly meal plan would probably be a better guide for both a shopping list and for preparatory purposes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #890 on: August 13, 2014, 09:33:11 PM »

It's a good evening that's wrapping up.  I'm about to read my Bible for the night and then go to bed by 22:00.  I did better with my alarm this morning, I think because I got motivated to get out of bed faster.  I didn't want to have to rush again like I did yesterday morning.  It was only an extra 20 minutes that I allowed myself this morning, but that was a big difference.  I still want to get up a little earlier than that tomorrow morning, so I think I may set my alarm about 10 minutes earlier from 5:45 to 5:35.  I'm just doing little things to tweak and fine tune my morning routine.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #891 on: August 13, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »

Supermarket delis can offer great cheap premade meals for lunch. Unless I'm doing something with coworkers, I usually walk to a nearby Albertson's for my lunch break. Today I had a portion of rotisserie chicken (leg and breast) for $2.75 and paired it with a $1.25 snack pack of baby carrots, broccoli, and snap peas with ranch dressing. $4 lunch.

Way better than lunchables in health, portion, and flavor.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #892 on: August 13, 2014, 10:21:07 PM »

Bushie doesn't eat baby carrots, broccoli or snap peas though.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #893 on: August 13, 2014, 10:34:59 PM »

Bushie doesn't eat baby carrots, broccoli or snap peas though.

No. He's planning to do so eventually, strongly considering it, and easing into it rather than starting cold turkey.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #894 on: August 13, 2014, 10:42:44 PM »

I'm sincerely interested in the history of the American diet. It wasn't all that long ago that there were no fast food places and no Lunchables. Bushie and the rest of his ilk would have subsisted primarily on ground corn and suffered from nutritional deficiencies like rickets and scurvy rather than diabetes and obesity. It's all a very interesting story, but I'm unaware of any comprehensive popular history of food. It would make a great read!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #895 on: August 13, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »

I'm sincerely interested in the history of the American diet. It wasn't all that long ago that there were no fast food places and no Lunchables. Bushie and the rest of his ilk would have subsisted primarily on ground corn and suffered from nutritional deficiencies like rickets and scurvy rather than diabetes and obesity. It's all a very interesting story, but I'm unaware of any comprehensive popular history of food. It would make a great read!

This may hit on some of the history you're referencing ... a really interesting read:

http://www.history-magazine.com/dinner2.html
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #896 on: August 14, 2014, 01:18:23 AM »

I love snap peas. They're such a great snack.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #897 on: August 14, 2014, 06:50:44 AM »

Good Thursday Morning!  I slept well and I'm now up and ready for Day 9 of work!  I'm ready to improve on the things I've learned today.  I am very excited because as of this morning, I have lost 8 pounds since mid-July and 3 pounds just this week.  I'm just not eating as much, yet I am eating enough.  I am sitting at 285.2 this morning.  I will be going back to my parents' tomorrow evening, but I will be back in time for church Sunday Morning.  Tomorrow is also payday!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #898 on: August 14, 2014, 08:27:36 AM »

Good Thursday Morning!  I slept well and I'm now up and ready for Day 9 of work!  I'm ready to improve on the things I've learned today.  I am very excited because as of this morning, I have lost 8 pounds since mid-July and 3 pounds just this week.  I'm just not eating as much, yet I am eating enough.  I am sitting at 285.2 this morning.  I will be going back to my parents' tomorrow evening, but I will be back in time for church Sunday Morning.  Tomorrow is also payday!!

Good job on the weight loss but damn man you were a sh**t shy of 300?  Ugh.  KEEP LOSING
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #899 on: August 14, 2014, 08:28:56 AM »

Yeah I didn't realize he was 293 pounds. Goodness.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies