Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:37:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170404 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: August 15, 2014, 07:44:06 AM »

You guys don't even know the pure apathy that is Braum's marketing. They literally still run ads like this on the teevee, and their website looked like this... in 2012. Everything about the place is twenty years outdated.
How dare they. How dare Braum's spend 30 seconds extolling the tastiness of their peaches on ice cream, rather than showing 30 seconds of furred arteries and heart attack victims followed by a message of "Now come to Braum's! There's an indifference to coronary problems at Braum's you'll enjoy!"

Honestly, for all the free market talk in the US, there seems often to be a ludicrous degree of nanny-statism amongst individual Americans that's unreal. Braum's are gonna sell Braum's. It isn't for Braum's to sell the health effects; it's for every individual to take 2 seconds to think before they order the double cheeseburger for the seventh lunch that week "Hmm, I'm grotesquely fat; might this double cheeseburger make me fatter?"

Someone who eats daily at Braum's doesn't wind up 21 or 22 stone through the wickedness of capitalism - at least not in the modern media era where diet information is a fingertip away - they do so because of their own choices.

Braum's gonna sell cheeseburgers. Your solution doesn't lie in tying Braum's hands behind their backs, but in making fat slobs realise, as anyone with two braincells realises, nutritional value and weight loss lies elsewhere.

What a load of right wing hogwash!

Speaking of the "fruit" on ice cream, i'm not sure what that multi-colored slop is they are dumping all over the vanilla in the ad, but it sure isn't fruit!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #951 on: August 15, 2014, 08:00:27 AM »

Good Friday Morning! I am running late so I'll make this brief.  I'm about to head off to work for Day 10 and the conclusion of Week 2.  I'll get off at 1600 and then head to Mom and Dad's from there.

You were late for work already?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #952 on: August 15, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »

I don't know guys, Braum's propaganda videos make a pretty convincing case that they're not to blame for Bushie not eating healthy. link

Every Braum's has a produce market, they own their own farms, and have a salad menu. It's about as close to a Whole Foods as Oklahoma can provide to its citizens.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #953 on: August 15, 2014, 09:27:31 AM »

That's cool that they treat their cows well though. Maybe Braum's ain't so bad after all.

I love that their website discusses their vertical integration, selling fresh milk and also ice cream they make from that milk, but is quiet about the logical next step to hamburgers.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #954 on: August 15, 2014, 10:18:48 AM »

That's cool that they treat their cows well though. Maybe Braum's ain't so bad after all.

I love that their website discusses their vertical integration, selling fresh milk and also ice cream they make from that milk, but is quiet about the logical next step to hamburgers.

RIP Braum's Cows : (
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #955 on: August 15, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »

Ernest apparently used to do commercials for Braum's, long before he started his job as a moderator here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-5gsC-Jro8
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #956 on: August 15, 2014, 10:54:09 AM »

This is an American site. Nobody has any idea what "21 or 22 stone" means.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #957 on: August 15, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »

You guys don't even know the pure apathy that is Braum's marketing. They literally still run ads like this on the teevee, and their website looked like this... in 2012. Everything about the place is twenty years outdated.
How dare they. How dare Braum's spend 30 seconds extolling the tastiness of their peaches on ice cream, rather than showing 30 seconds of furred arteries and heart attack victims followed by a message of "Now come to Braum's! There's an indifference to coronary problems at Braum's you'll enjoy!"

Honestly, for all the free market talk in the US, there seems often to be a ludicrous degree of nanny-statism amongst individual Americans that's unreal. Braum's are gonna sell Braum's. It isn't for Braum's to sell the health effects; it's for every individual to take 2 seconds to think before they order the double cheeseburger for the seventh lunch that week "Hmm, I'm grotesquely fat; might this double cheeseburger make me fatter?"

Someone who eats daily at Braum's doesn't wind up 21 or 22 stone through the wickedness of capitalism - at least not in the modern media era where diet information is a fingertip away - they do so because of their own choices.

Braum's gonna sell cheeseburgers. Your solution doesn't lie in tying Braum's hands behind their backs, but in making fat slobs realise, as anyone with two braincells realises, nutritional value and weight loss lies elsewhere.

I think the point sailed way over your head. The commercial isn't notable because an ice cream store is promoting ice cream. It's notable because the production values of the commercial are piss poor. Everything about the commercial suggests it was made in the year 1990, from the tone of the announcer to the graphics and transitions used.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #958 on: August 15, 2014, 11:13:26 AM »

They seem to be looking to modernize. The new website and their new TV ads they posted in June are definitely more 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3hFlwm26Vc

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #959 on: August 15, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »

Those Braum's sundaes do look good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #960 on: August 15, 2014, 12:44:04 PM »

Good Friday Morning! I am running late so I'll make this brief.  I'm about to head off to work for Day 10 and the conclusion of Week 2.  I'll get off at 1600 and then head to Mom and Dad's from there.

You were late for work already?

No, I was late getting up, but I made it to work about 5 minutes early just like usual.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #961 on: August 15, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »

I don't know guys, Braum's propaganda videos make a pretty convincing case that they're not to blame for Bushie not eating healthy. link

Every Braum's has a produce market, they own their own farms, and have a salad menu. It's about as close to a Whole Foods as Oklahoma can provide to its citizens.

Wait Braum's sells salads and produce and Bushie is still getting their bacon cheeseburgers instead?!?! Well if Braum's itself can't make Bushie eat healthy, then I don't think there's much hope.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #962 on: August 15, 2014, 01:19:34 PM »

Wait Braum's sells salads and produce and Bushie is still getting their bacon cheeseburgers instead?!?! Well if Braum's itself can't make Bushie eat healthy, then I don't think there's much hope.

Remember when we got Bushie to try a chicken sandwich one time and it was "so bad" that he had to go get a burger for dinner with regular Dr. Pepper to cleanse it out of his system?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #963 on: August 15, 2014, 01:20:52 PM »

I forgot. So Bushie doesn't like chicken?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #964 on: August 15, 2014, 01:23:57 PM »

I forgot. So Bushie doesn't like chicken?

I appears so. If I recall, we didn't even specify he had to get the grilled chicken. It was fried and he still didn't like it.

A real shame, too. Braum's salads look terrific

Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #965 on: August 15, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »

That's unfortunate, Chicken is the king of the common meats.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #966 on: August 15, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »

Oh I never realized bushie ate exclusively red meat! I figured he'd like fried chicken too! No wonder he's enormous!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #967 on: August 15, 2014, 02:13:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cmonfwank.com/article010.html

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #968 on: August 15, 2014, 02:19:11 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #969 on: August 15, 2014, 02:19:45 PM »

It's like if a Trader Joe's mated with a Dairy Queen. What a great American business.

Shame the wedding is off. The reception catered by Braum's would've been great no doubt.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #970 on: August 15, 2014, 02:20:20 PM »

I know! It's amazing. Look at their milk making process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGpEcO2sR0

Braum's is leading the fight against osteoporosis!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #971 on: August 15, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2014, 02:29:03 PM by Simfan34 »

Braum's doesn't mess with the classics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy6idkt0_hA

But it is not averse to innovation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUMnSnbVAQ

Also, look how everything is "Braum's", the bread, the meat, the cheese, everything! They could take over the world if they so pleased. But they're content to stay near their farm They serve you during the best times of the year, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBBJgIeEZRU

It brings tears to my eyes. What honest American enterprise.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #972 on: August 15, 2014, 02:25:39 PM »

Thick, rich skim milk? This sounds like a scientific breakthrough. It's like hearing somebody cured cancer.

I might have to drive to Oklahoma now.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #973 on: August 15, 2014, 02:35:50 PM »

Finally, the scourge of watery skim milk is lifted! Why, even the youtube comments attest to its glory!

"mmm they have the best milk on planet earth"

"true that."

"I personally believe that BRAUM's is the very BEST... in the world. I have never found any other... that tasted better. Please consider opening up a store in California. "

Braum's needs to go national. The Atlas needs to arrange a trip to the Braum's factory, ASAP:

http://www.braums.com/tour-braums/

Look at this beauty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X99ci3PC2T0

Wow. Braums. 120 flavours. This is authentic. THEY MILK THEIR OWN COWS!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #974 on: August 15, 2014, 02:37:42 PM »

Ok Simfan, calm down. 
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies