Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:36:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170418 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: August 18, 2014, 06:47:52 AM »

I don't think Bushie can cook anything...not even pasta without assistance. He lives off fast food, frozen dinners and lunchables.

I can cook eggs and bacon quite well.  I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.  I can fry hamburger patties in the skillet and on a George Foreman.  I could fix homemade pizza after watching my mother make it a lot.  There are things I can cook.  The problem is not whether or not I can or cannot cook, but I don't like cooking for just one person.  That's why I end up getting fast food or eating microwaveable meals.  If I had somebody to eat my food with me, I would be a lot more willing and eager to cook.

Excuse me? What steps are there to cooking spaghetti? You put noodles into boiling water and drain it once they're soft. Dump whatever sauce and spices you like on it and you're done. Cooking spaghetti could not be more simple. If you have trouble with that, then the problem is most definitely that you cannot cook.

I don't have trouble with that.  What I was trying to say is I've remembered the steps, the steps you mentioned, after stating sometime ago I needed assistance.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1051 on: August 18, 2014, 06:50:06 AM »

I have not, yet.  I need to get to Walmart to get something to cook.  That likely won't happen until at least this weekend.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1052 on: August 18, 2014, 07:00:33 AM »

I have not, yet.  I need to get to Walmart to get something to cook.  That likely won't happen until at least this weekend.

Of course, you just said:

I don't have anywhere else I have to go tonight, so I'll be able to relax quite nicely and go to bed at a normal time.

So why not just go to Walmart tonight, and then have something to cook for dinner this coming week, rather than wait for the weekend, which is five days away?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1053 on: August 18, 2014, 08:59:54 AM »

If you have trouble recalling, the instructions are written on the back of the package.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1054 on: August 18, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »

Lunch time.  The day is going real well.  I wouldn't call it the best day so far, but it's still an excellent start to Week 3.  It is definitely a Monday, but it's still a good day.  I'm still working on the project I started Friday morning, and I doubt I can get it finished in the next three hours before I leave or not.  I am working as hard and as diligent as I can.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1055 on: August 18, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »

Uh oh
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1056 on: August 18, 2014, 12:56:16 PM »

Yeah those updates scare me, as if he's falling too far behind.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1057 on: August 18, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »

Quick Bushie go get some Braum's in that belly and hit that project hard. You can finish it!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1058 on: August 18, 2014, 01:32:53 PM »

Marinades are great and easy. But Bushie won't do it for some reason I can already tell you.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1059 on: August 18, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »

let me get this straight, bushie has lived in his place for a few months now and hasnt used the stove or oven?  wtf? 

also, bushie is it true that you have a super premium cable tv package?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1060 on: August 18, 2014, 02:26:54 PM »

Um... what...HuhHuh

1. Add water to pot.
2. Place pot on stove.
3. (optional) Add some salt to water.
4. Turn stove to medium-high.
5. Wait for water to boil (when the bubbles frequently rise to the surface).
6. Break pasta so that it can fit into pot (if necessary).
7. Put the pasta in the pot.
8. Cook for ~8 minutes (whatever it says on the box).
9. While cooking, take a colander and place it in the sink.
10. When the ~8 minutes is up, pick up the pot and dump the contents in the sink over the colander.
11. Serve the pasta.
12. Cover with sauce as desired (all you have to do there is heat some up in a bowl).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1061 on: August 18, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »

The most elementary question for the whole cooking thing is if he's ever used kitchen knives.

If Mama doesn't let him touch the stove, I doubt he's ever chopped an onion. If he's going to do any meat other than eggs or ground beef, he's going to have to trim it.

Nothing he says he can cook requires any sort of measurement or prep.

He probably needs measuring cups, too.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1062 on: August 18, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »

let me get this straight, bushie has lived in his place for a few months now and hasnt used the stove or oven?  wtf? 

also, bushie is it true that you have a super premium cable tv package?

The only other person I know who's gone that long not using her stove or oven is my grandma, and the reason she hasn't used it is because she uses it for storage because she's a borderline hoarder (although getting better in recent years).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1063 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

There's all kinds of wacky time formatting going on here!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1064 on: August 18, 2014, 02:48:54 PM »

Does Bushie even have pots and pans? I remember when he attempted to eat things in Utah. He'd literally open a can and try to eat straight from it.

I've never met anyone as helpless as Bushie at 32 years old, but I doubt he will change at all. I assume in his household, cooking is for women and then men shouldn't and aren't allowed to cook because it's a feminine chore. If his parents found out he was cooking, they'd probably assume he was a gay.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1065 on: August 18, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2014, 03:34:43 PM by King »

If Eskimo Joe can cook, than so can Bushie!

Procrastination on buying pots, pans, and other "cooking gear" is probably another reason he hasn't touched his oven/stove either.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1066 on: August 18, 2014, 06:00:31 PM »

Quick Bushie go get some Braum's in that belly and hit that project hard. You can finish it!

Braum's is to Bushie what spinach is to Popeye.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1067 on: August 18, 2014, 06:11:45 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I had a really good day today.  The day started off spectacular, the middle of the day got kind of bogged down, but then I got myself on track again and finished the day really well.  I got out of there at 1615 and then had to take care of some errands which I just got through with.  The rest of the evening, I am going to watch Monday Night Football and then go to bed around 2215 or 2230.  Week 3 is off to a great start!!
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1068 on: August 18, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »

Procrastination on buying pots, pans, and other "cooking gear" is probably another reason he hasn't touched his oven/stove either.

The idea of a home not having pots and pans as a matter of course is perennially difficult to wrap my head around, but I just ate a dinner consisting almost entirely of asparagus and cucumber, so what do I know.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1069 on: August 18, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »

I've got all the pots and pans I really need.  I don't have a lot of knives, which is a good thing as my Tourette's occasionally causes my arm to jerk and I have nearly lost a few fingers because of that.  On top of that, I am very clumsy, so everybody is safer when I don't have a sharp knife in my hand.  I have to use them occasionally, of course, but I try to use them as little as possible.  If I can use a butter knife for something, I will use a butter knife.  I realize that's not much, but you get my drift.

At home, Dad often cooks the bacon and eggs.  He likes to poach the eggs and they taste really good.  Dad also grills hamburgers, chicken, fajita steak, and a few other meats.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1070 on: August 18, 2014, 06:41:31 PM »

I've got all the pots and pans I really need.  I don't have a lot of knives, which is a good thing as my Tourette's occasionally causes my arm to jerk and I have nearly lost a few fingers because of that.  On top of that, I am very clumsy, so everybody is safer when I don't have a sharp knife in my hand.  I have to use them occasionally, of course, but I try to use them as little as possible.  If I can use a butter knife for something, I will use a butter knife.  I realize that's not much, but you get my drift.

I see. That is a legitimate hindrance, but may I ask if you hold the things that you're cutting properly?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1071 on: August 18, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »

I have never known Bushie to procrastinate when it comes to purchases. He usually runs right out and buys all sorts of things he never uses. Whatever happened with the USPS guide scam?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1072 on: August 18, 2014, 06:57:18 PM »

I have never known Bushie to procrastinate when it comes to purchases. He usually runs right out and buys all sorts of things he never uses. Whatever happened with the USPS guide scam?

It's still sitting on my desk.  Naturally, because of the good start to the job I currently have, I haven't sent in the application, yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1073 on: August 18, 2014, 06:57:57 PM »

I see. That is a legitimate hindrance, but may I ask if you hold the things that you're cutting properly?

I think I am, but, to be honest, I'm not quite sure.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1074 on: August 18, 2014, 06:58:47 PM »

I think I am, but, to be honest, I'm not quite sure.

Do you curl your fingers to keep your fingertips out of the way of the knife?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies