Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:01:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170385 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: August 24, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »

bushie weve been over this over and over.

you are never going to lose a significant amount of weight without a complete lifestyle change.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1276 on: August 24, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

Don't worry guys he'll be replacing those microwaved pizza rolls with grilled pizza rolls soon enough. That's what healthy eating is, right?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1277 on: August 24, 2014, 02:31:59 PM »

Don't worry guys he'll be replacing those microwaved pizza rolls with grilled pizza rolls soon enough. That's what healthy eating is, right?

Correction: He plans to maybe start thinking about potentially doing that at 1730 on May 14th, 2015, or possibly 2016 if that is what God has planned for him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1278 on: August 24, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »

It's been a really good day, guys.  I had two worship services and two fantasy football drafts.  I think I have a pretty good team in both leagues, though only time will tell.  I am looking forward to another week of work.  I'm ready to get back to work and make more money at a job I like and can actually do.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1279 on: August 24, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »

Bushie please don't quit your CAD job to go to Kenya.

Damn it why did you have to give him an idea. Truth be told this seems to be going well but I feel he'll quit to focus on Kenya.

I am not going to quit to go to Kenya.  Don't worry about that.  I'm not even going there at all in 2015.  Taking a 2-week vacation to go 19 months from now is not the same as quitting my job to go.  I'm being smart with this job.

But you still might move to Kenya eventually?  I mean, back in January, you said that one benefit from breaking up with Allison (during your brief hiatus) was that the Kenyan dream would live on.

I'm thinking it may not be feasible to move there permanently, however, if I can get enough credibility and tenure at my place of employment, I would like to try to take the summer off and spend 2 months there, but that may not be until 2016 at the earliest, maybe 2017.  For the next several years I want to focus on building this American career and getting out of debt so that if God does open the door to whatever type of missionary work, I can be debt free and available.

I know of no full-time job (other than perhaps teaching, and even that isn't the same at every school) where you can get enough "tenure" after 2 years to take a summer off work.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1280 on: August 24, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »

Damn it why did you have to give him an idea. Truth be told this seems to be going well but I feel he'll quit to focus on Kenya.

I am not going to quit to go to Kenya.  Don't worry about that.  I'm not even going there at all in 2015.  Taking a 2-week vacation to go 19 months from now is not the same as quitting my job to go.  I'm being smart with this job.

But you still might move to Kenya eventually?  I mean, back in January, you said that one benefit from breaking up with Allison (during your brief hiatus) was that the Kenyan dream would live on.

I'm thinking it may not be feasible to move there permanently, however, if I can get enough credibility and tenure at my place of employment, I would like to try to take the summer off and spend 2 months there, but that may not be until 2016 at the earliest, maybe 2017.  For the next several years I want to focus on building this American career and getting out of debt so that if God does open the door to whatever type of missionary work, I can be debt free and available.

I know of no full-time job (other than perhaps teaching, and even that isn't the same at every school) where you can get enough "tenure" after 2 years to take a summer off work.

The only way he could make it work would be if he fakes a pregnancy and claims maternity leave.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1281 on: August 24, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »

The only way he could make it work would be if he fakes a pregnancy and claims maternity leave.

...if it's God's will.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1282 on: August 24, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »

Bushie does your CAD job offer maternity leave?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1283 on: August 24, 2014, 11:08:04 PM »

LMAO
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1284 on: August 24, 2014, 11:08:56 PM »

I doubt they would give him two full months off.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1285 on: August 24, 2014, 11:34:26 PM »

Yeah, Oklahoma isn't France. You'll have to quit your job.

BUT, and I say this with trepidation because of your history, if you make it 2 solid years at this job with non-debt savings, it's very likely you could quit and get a new CAD job in 2 months easily with a solid work history.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1286 on: August 24, 2014, 11:56:36 PM »

Bushie, I think I've found your perfect match!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1287 on: August 25, 2014, 06:52:15 AM »

Good Monday Morning!  I am awake for another day of work.  I am ready to get Week 4 started.  Tonight, I will probably watch Big Brother from my DVR and maybe some baseball.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1288 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:05 AM »

If she weren't already married, I think this would be Bushie's true soulmate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1289 on: August 25, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »

bushie, everything seems to be going okay at work.  dont let your fantasies lead you to do something stupid.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1290 on: August 25, 2014, 03:27:02 PM »

bushie, everything seems to be going okay at work.  dont let your fantasies lead you to do something stupid.

Yeah, just put Kenya in the RIP pile and get on with your career.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1291 on: August 25, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »

That show looks awesome! Bushie should go on there and tell us about his addiction to bacon cheeseburgers!

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4di4_U6Ks
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1292 on: August 25, 2014, 04:05:17 PM »

Though boring, a burger every meal shouldn't be a death sentence. The real problem for people like that guy and Bushie is: 80% lean beef, white bun, american cheese, hold the tomato, iceberg lettuce. Plus, that guy has four meals a day.

A person can be perfectly healthy eating nothing but burgers made from 95% lean beef, low fat cheese, whole wheat buns, red leaf lettuce, with tomatoes, and maybe some oven baked sweet potato fries.

Perfectly healthy.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1293 on: August 25, 2014, 04:14:18 PM »

Ew, sweet potatoes (fake yam). Also, don't forget onions and pickles.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1294 on: August 25, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »

That show looks awesome! Bushie should go on there and tell us about his addiction to bacon cheeseburgers! Braum's.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4di4_U6Ks

ftfy
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1295 on: August 25, 2014, 07:02:34 PM »

I had a good day at work today.  I'm really starting to get settled into my new career.  I'm really starting to pick up on things quite well and I am starting to pay more attention to the detail, which is what he asked me to do last Wednesday.  I'm into Week 4 of this job and there have been absolutely no red flags.  I think I stumbled upon a good job.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1296 on: August 25, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »

Merry Christmas bushie!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1297 on: August 25, 2014, 11:57:46 PM »

so this is an actual job?  as in he is getting paid for his work right now?  and it's related to the skills he picked up at the CADD program?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1298 on: August 26, 2014, 12:04:47 AM »

so this is an actual job?  as in he is getting paid for his work right now?  and it's related to the skills he picked up at the CADD program?

based on what he is telling us and what he have googled, yes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1299 on: August 26, 2014, 06:59:32 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  I am ready for Day 17.  It promises to be a good day.  I should be able to start a new project pretty early on this morning or continue with the project that the owner gave me last week.  I finished another project before I left yesterday.  Tonight, I'll probably watch some preseason football from this past weekend.  I'm looking forward to the college football regular season starting Thursday night!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies