Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:20:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170332 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: August 28, 2014, 07:58:59 PM »

Bushie, you enjoy sports so much. Have you ever considered playing anything? There are plenty of adult recreational leagues out there.

I much prefer being in the stands or parked in front of the TV.  I tried playing tennis in the 9th and 10th grades, but was never any good.  I thought about going out for 9th grade basketball, but I didn't.  I attended the first meeting for 10th grade football, but only to be the water boy.  That never materialized.  The last time I played anything and had fun at it was at recess in the 5th and 6th grades.  I was never interested in intramural sports in college.  The only sport I enjoy playing now and any good at is bowling.  I bowled in a league from the 4th to 12th grades and even got a scholarship from one of the tournaments I participated in.  My average is between 115-125.

Huh Was there heavy competition for the waterboy position?

Never followed through on it, because I was the subject of so much bullying and taunting because of it.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1376 on: August 28, 2014, 08:00:06 PM »

Bushie, you enjoy sports so much. Have you ever considered playing anything? There are plenty of adult recreational leagues out there.

I much prefer being in the stands or parked in front of the TV.  I tried playing tennis in the 9th and 10th grades, but was never any good.  I thought about going out for 9th grade basketball, but I didn't.  I attended the first meeting for 10th grade football, but only to be the water boy.  That never materialized.  The last time I played anything and had fun at it was at recess in the 5th and 6th grades.  I was never interested in intramural sports in college.  The only sport I enjoy playing now and any good at is bowling.  I bowled in a league from the 4th to 12th grades and even got a scholarship from one of the tournaments I participated in.  My average is between 115-125.

Huh Was there heavy competition for the waterboy position?

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1377 on: August 28, 2014, 08:13:07 PM »

Ugh, that's actually quite a depressing image.  You think Bushie getting online bullied by us political nerds is bad?  One can only imagine what real life bullying by real life football jocks would have been like.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1378 on: August 28, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »

Tomorrow is the conclusion of Week 4.  It is also payday.  Week 4 has by far been the best week of my time at John Shields Co.  My boss is starting to show a little more faith and trust in me.  He seemed to be pleased and relieved that I finished a major project in just a day and a half.  I had to revise 22 drawings and I went through them and only had minimal corrections on some of the drawings.  My detail is better than it was last week and my overall attentiveness has come such a long way.  I will unofficially enter month 2 on Tuesday and I am not worried at all about the looming 90 day review.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1379 on: August 28, 2014, 08:33:13 PM »

I feel like Bushie would be pretty good at being one of the heavy guys who runs into the other row of heavy guys while the fast guys run around and throw balls at each other? I don't know if they have that position in rec football though.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1380 on: August 28, 2014, 08:39:14 PM »

Perhaps he could coach a youth league? He's frequently expressed an interest in children.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1381 on: August 28, 2014, 08:56:38 PM »

Perhaps he could coach a youth league? He's frequently expressed an interest in children.

... the tache.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1382 on: August 28, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »

... the tache.
I don't think the Oklahomans mind. He certainly gets invited to a lot of kiddie birthday parties.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1383 on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »

I feel like Bushie would be pretty good at being one of the heavy guys who runs into the other row of heavy guys while the fast guys run around and throw balls at each other? I don't know if they have that position in rec football though.

You are talking about the linemen.  Yes, these guys weigh upwards up 300 lbs., but typically have some serious athletic ability for men their size.  Bushie would get chucked around like a rag doll despite his weight.  Besides, in most pickup games (or rec), you just have a quarterback and receivers. 

If we are talking about Bushie-friendly sports, I suggest he start with curling. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1384 on: August 28, 2014, 09:27:50 PM »

I couldn't even get Our Dear Friend to watch the sport but I'll still suggest he try to play Soccer. Could you imagine that? Maybe he can play in goal.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1385 on: August 28, 2014, 09:33:15 PM »

I couldn't even get Our Dear Friend to watch the sport but I'll still suggest he try to play Soccer. Could you imagine that? Maybe he can play in goal.
Way too much running in soccer. Maybe he could play softball. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1386 on: August 28, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »

Nope.  He has to run the bases.  ODF really has to break out the walking gear and get the legs moving. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1387 on: August 28, 2014, 10:26:13 PM »

Possible.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1388 on: August 28, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »

Bushie's too short to be lineman. Even in high school, they're all about 6'0" minimum. He'd have to be a running back.

It's far too late for that, even in adult intermural.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1389 on: August 29, 2014, 12:36:28 AM »

Why are we wasting all this time talking about Bushie partaking in any kind of sport?  He can't even walk or stand for longer than a few minutes, by his own admission.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1390 on: August 29, 2014, 06:35:51 AM »

Perhaps Jeffie Jeff Jeff could play bowling? I feel like that would be a terrific sport for him. I mean.. come on..between turns he can eat nachos. How is this not built for him?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1391 on: August 29, 2014, 07:00:59 AM »

Good Friday Morning!  I am awake after going to bed around 2310 last night, a full hour plus after my normal bed time.  I've got a short day today and will get off work at 1400 (2:00 pm).  My stomach is kind of rumbling this morning, so I don't know if I'll be able to handle Mexican food for dinner.  I may have to go with the usual American food tonight.  Anyway, have a great Friday everybody!!
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1392 on: August 29, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »

My stomach is kind of rumbling this morning, so I don't know if I'll be able to handle Mexican food for dinner.  I may have to go with the usual American food tonight.

I'm not sure that's much better.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1393 on: August 29, 2014, 09:09:29 AM »

Yeah, when I'm feeling bad I know I need to skip beans and rice and go for something light like a double bacon cheeseburger.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1394 on: August 29, 2014, 12:36:34 PM »

bushie is there any chance you might break out the $100 walking gear and taking a walk this long weekend?  even a short walk?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1395 on: August 29, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »

Walking puts him at risk of missing the crucial second half of Ohio States 67-10 win over Navy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1396 on: August 29, 2014, 12:51:25 PM »

Walking puts him at risk of missing the crucial second half of Ohio States 67-10 win over Navy.

that game is probably going to more interesting than the amarillo bible college vs. northwest georgia state game he watched the other night.  Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1397 on: August 29, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »

Abilene Christian and Georgia State was a really good game! Granted, it was between two not-good teams.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1398 on: August 29, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »

Talk about an article Bushie REALLY needs to read!

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/junk-food-rats-ditch-balanced-diet-eat-just-obese-people

I know that science is the devil and all, Bushie, but sometimes you really should listen when the heathens are trying to help you.  It doesn't seem like science bothers you at all when you are using that TV to watch 57 hrs of football on the weekend or that fridge to keep the Diet Dr. Pepper cool and crisp. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1399 on: August 29, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

Week 4 was by far the best week of my career so far.  Very few things went wrong and I showed tremendous progress.  I can tell my boss is pleased because his demeanor is changing.  He is starting to become comfortable with me taking on more difficult and more involved projects.  The first month is unofficially over and I have made a lot of progress in the 20 days that I have been there.  I'm looking forward to what month 2 will bring.  Right now, though, I have a 3-day weekend ahead of me and I am going to take it easy and watch a lot of football.  I counted it up and I will be watching 10 football games and 2 baseball games between tonight and Monday night.  It all starts in 45 minutes at 1800.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies