Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:47:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170414 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: August 29, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »

So no walk?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1401 on: August 29, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »

Week 4 was by far the best week of my career so far.  Very few things went wrong and I showed tremendous progress.  I can tell my boss is pleased because his demeanor is changing.  He is starting to become comfortable with me taking on more difficult and more involved projects.  The first month is unofficially over and I have made a lot of progress in the 20 days that I have been there.  I'm looking forward to what month 2 will bring.  Right now, though, I have a 3-day weekend ahead of me and I am going to take it easy and watch a lot of football.  I counted it up and I will be watching 10 football games and 2 baseball games between tonight and Monday night.  It all starts in 45 minutes at 1800.

So no thoughts on my post?  I know that things are going great with the job, but there are other positive steps you can make in life, and positives tend to feed into each other.  You should use the job success as a motivator to make other good changes.  
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1402 on: August 29, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »

Week 4 was by far the best week of my career so far.  Very few things went wrong and I showed tremendous progress.  I can tell my boss is pleased because his demeanor is changing.  He is starting to become comfortable with me taking on more difficult and more involved projects.  The first month is unofficially over and I have made a lot of progress in the 20 days that I have been there.  I'm looking forward to what month 2 will bring.  Right now, though, I have a 3-day weekend ahead of me and I am going to take it easy and watch a lot of football.  I counted it up and I will be watching 10 football games and 2 baseball games between tonight and Monday night.  It all starts in 45 minutes at 1800.

So no thoughts on my post?  I know that things are going great with the job, but there are other positive steps you can make in life, and positives tend to feed into each other.  You should use the job success as a motivator to make other good changes. 

I have made changes.  I am losing weight, on average of about a pound or two a week.  I'm not worried about it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1403 on: August 29, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »

So no thoughts on my post?  I know that things are going great with the job, but there are other positive steps you can make in life, and positives tend to feed into each other.  You should use the job success as a motivator to make other good changes. 

I have made changes.  I am losing weight, on average of about a pound or two a week.  I'm not worried about it.

Show us the scale
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1404 on: August 29, 2014, 08:30:58 PM »

Show us the scale

No
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1405 on: August 29, 2014, 08:46:39 PM »

My Friday evening is going splendidly!  I am enjoying an entertaining BYU vs. UConn game on ESPN that is entering the 4th quarter.  This game should be over by 2130 so I can see the UNLV vs. Arizona game in its entirety.  I plan to go to bed around 0100 Saturday Morning, so another 4 hours from now.  I'm going to try to get up around 0700 even with the late night as I want to watch the Central Florida vs. Penn State from Dublin, Ireland at 0730 on ESPN 2.  I don't know if that will happen or if I will sleep and catch the UCLA vs. Virginia game at 1100.  I probably should sleep, especially with a long day watching football tomorrow.  I'll see how I feel in the morning.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1406 on: August 29, 2014, 09:04:27 PM »

this might be the most depressing story arc in update history wtf
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1407 on: August 29, 2014, 09:11:30 PM »

Holy crap Bushie. Seriously buy a video game or something if you're going to waste weekends this meaninglessly.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1408 on: August 29, 2014, 09:12:04 PM »

this might be the most depressing story arc in update history wtf

I know.  He's completely ignoring his health and vegetating all weekend in the chair for football.  RIP Getting Serious About His Weight Loss : (
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1409 on: August 29, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

The sad part is how ordinary his takes on football are for someone who watches as much of it as he apparently does.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1410 on: August 29, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »

The sad part is how ordinary his takes on football are for someone who watches as much of it as he apparently does.

Astute observation.  Hardly any analysis beyond the abilities of your average girlfriend-who-watches-with-you. 

Bushie, at least "wow" us with some interesting stats.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1411 on: August 29, 2014, 09:32:05 PM »

Well if he's like my Grandpa binge watching sports, he probably naps through 4/5ths of every game
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1412 on: August 29, 2014, 09:38:52 PM »

Football Game #1 of the evening is complete.  BYU dominates Connecticut 35-10 despite 14 penalties for 140 yards.  It's time now for UNLV vs. Arizona.  UNLV went to its first bowl game in a long time last year and had its first winning season in many years in 2013.  Arizona has a new QB this year - Anu Solomon, so it will be interesting to see how he does under Head Coach Rich Rodriguez.  I am intrigued to watch!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1413 on: August 29, 2014, 09:42:34 PM »

I am going to watch a lot of football tomorrow, but I am not going to just sit around and vegetate all evening.  I will, at the very least, try to clean my apartment some and get some activity.  I may get out every now and then during the halftimes and get some fresh air.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1414 on: August 29, 2014, 09:45:21 PM »

If there is anything interesting about this season, it's that Bushie posts like nobody else is even here.  Sidejackin' It In The Train Room?  That was so short-lived, and the CADD job has been going well for a month now.  This season is clearly something like Sketching Shapes In His Solitary Shell.  
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1415 on: August 29, 2014, 11:15:28 PM »

Will you watch Mississippi State take Southern Miss to the woodshed tomorrow? Should be a fun one.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1416 on: August 29, 2014, 11:52:05 PM »

Just like his political analysis, you mean?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1417 on: August 29, 2014, 11:53:08 PM »

I am going to watch a lot of football tomorrow, but I am not going to just sit around and vegetate all evening.  I will, at the very least, try to clean my apartment some and get some activity.  I may get out every now and then during the halftimes and get some fresh air.

Will you be vegetating in the love seat, Bushie?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1418 on: August 30, 2014, 01:02:43 AM »

No detailed update on the weight loss in a few days... he must be rebounding back toward 300.  Now, what comes next is Bushie lies about his weight and makes up some number lower than the last one he posted (or shockingly tells the truth but concocts some lame excuse).
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1419 on: August 30, 2014, 01:07:17 AM »

If there is anything interesting about this season, it's that Bushie posts like nobody else is even here.  Sidejackin' It In The Train Room?  That was so short-lived, and the CADD job has been going well for a month now.  This season is clearly something like Sketching Shapes In His Solitary Shell.  

It has been a boring season, but it's finally going the way we want it, right? Jeff seems to doing well in his job and isn't currently rushing head-first into anything, relationships or otherwise. Granted, we'd like to see a full-blown diet and exercise program in place, but ... one victory at a time.

What do you call those people who claim to desperately want something but actually desire the opposite; the very thing they claim to hate? I think there's some of that in all of us ... because without a lot of advice to give or nagging or drama to get me screaming "un-freaking-believable!" the Update doesn't make me feel useful anymore!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1420 on: August 30, 2014, 01:44:46 AM »

The first twenty pages or so were really interesting at least.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1421 on: August 30, 2014, 01:55:27 AM »

Update seems to be returning to 2011 levels of tediousness, though that's not a bad thing for Bushie.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1422 on: August 30, 2014, 06:06:24 AM »

Tedium is good. Now let's all go home.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1423 on: August 30, 2014, 01:58:51 PM »

i predict bushie will not move at all this weekend and eat an enormous amount of food.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1424 on: August 30, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »

i predict bushie will not move at all this weekend and eat an enormous amount of food.
I predict the sun will rise in the east and set in the west.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies