Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:22:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 169537 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: August 30, 2014, 02:24:19 PM »

i predict bushie will not move at all this weekend and eat an enormous amount of food.
I predict the sun will rise in the east and set in the west.

my bet is safer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1426 on: August 30, 2014, 03:25:41 PM »

Hi, guys.  I am enjoying my football day.  I am going to clean up the place a little before we get too deep into the evening.  I'm not eating a whole lot.  I'm eating enough, but I'm behaving in my portion control.  While I haven't posted a weight loss update in a few days, I have not gained anything.  Water weight has made me go back up a half pound to 284, but I don't consider that to be a trend, just water weight fluctuation.  I do believe I'm on the right track, however.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1427 on: August 30, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »

Fascinating, water weight can account for your weight gain, but not your loss...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1428 on: August 30, 2014, 04:27:30 PM »

Fascinating, water weight can account for your weight gain, but not your loss...

I don't think any one would argue that nearly 9-10 pounds of weight loss is all water weight.  Sure, some of it can be attributed to water, but not that much.  My goal by the end of September is to get back into the 270's.  I'm only 3-4 pounds away from that.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1429 on: August 30, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »

Bushie, it's nice to have goals but you need to do something in order to reach them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1430 on: August 30, 2014, 07:30:30 PM »

Bushie, it's nice to have goals but you need to do something in order to reach them.

I am doing something to reach them and I am reaching them.  I am exercising portion control.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1431 on: August 30, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »

I am doing something to reach them and I am reaching them.  I am exercising portion control.

But with what you eat, you're clearly on a path to flatline well short of your goals. Whereas before you were eating like a 350 lb man and your weight was ballooning up and up, now you're eating like a 280-285 pound man, so your weight declined to the range, but trust me it is staying in that range until you change.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1432 on: August 30, 2014, 08:23:06 PM »

But with what you eat, you're clearly on a path to flatline well short of your goals. Whereas before you were eating like a 350 lb man and your weight was ballooning up and up, now you're eating like a 280-285 pound man, so your weight declined to the range, but trust me it is staying in that range until you change.

I know there is more I should be doing, but for now I am off to a good start doing something.  Now that I'm getting myself established at work and my work schedule is set, I should have no trouble starting to do what I should be doing.  I just have to get started...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1433 on: August 30, 2014, 10:03:46 PM »

I am noticing my muscles are getting tighter and tighter as the evening goes on.  I got up to take my night time medicine a little while ago and I had to moan and groan getting up out of the love seat.  I've been moving around some today and I'm not stuffing my face full of garbage, although I did go get some ice cream a few hours ago.  I just know that I am very stiff and sore this evening.  I may take some Aleve before I hit the sack.  I'm getting old, folks...
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1434 on: August 30, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »

I am noticing my muscles are getting tighter and tighter as the evening goes on.  I got up to take my night time medicine a little while ago and I had to moan and groan getting up out of the love seat.  I've been moving around some today and I'm not stuffing my face full of garbage, although I did go get some ice cream a few hours ago.  I just know that I am very stiff and sore this evening.  I may take some Aleve before I hit the sack.  I'm getting old, folks...

I take you were doing some heavy duty love seat vegetating today, Dear Friend?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1435 on: August 30, 2014, 10:12:29 PM »

A fair amount, but I've been up and about at times today.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1436 on: August 30, 2014, 11:06:42 PM »

A fair amount, but I've been up and about at times today.

Up and about as in around the house? That shouldn't make you stiff or sore. And now that your weight loss has plateaued, that isn't a good sign either. You need to actually get serious about losing weight instead of thinking that anything you've done in the past 5 years is a serious effort at losing weight.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1437 on: August 30, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »

It's okay Bushie. You need encouragement. Progress, not perfection.  Keep making substitutions (skip the bacon, BBQ sauce instead of mayo, drink a glass of water before a meal, etc).

Bushie won't change by bullying him or making fun of him.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1438 on: August 31, 2014, 04:20:19 AM »

You're not old, just morbidly obese. There's a big difference.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1439 on: August 31, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »

Here we go again...  Another major headache is keeping me out of church this morning.  I've got a Grade 8 headache underway.  I don't know really where it came from.  I got a little over 9 hours sleep last night, so I guess that could be it, but usually that amount of sleep doesn't affect me too much and 9 times out of 10 I don't get a monster headache.  I wouldn't call it a migraine right now, as I'm still able to function and not bed-ridden.  Anyway, I'm grateful I still have all day today and tomorrow off and don't have to go back to work until Tuesday because of the holiday.  I need to try to get over it as fast as I can, though, as I do want to do my laundry and run by the grocery store this afternoon before a couple more games tonight.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1440 on: August 31, 2014, 09:23:27 AM »

Good Sunday morning! The day began watching the Barclays' Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspurs and Liverpool Football Club! That match is coming to an end as "The Reds" record a decisive 3-0 away victory. The real highlight today is Napoli's opener against our dear friends (note: not the trademarked term) Genoa C.F.C. at 2:45:00 PM ET. We have won our opening match by at least three goals in the last few campaigns. I expect the trend to continue today. I will be squeezing in some beach time between now and then as well as after the match. It should be a great day!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1441 on: August 31, 2014, 11:52:47 AM »

My headache has come down quite a bit thanks to some Excedrin Migraine that I took right after my last post.  It still hurts, but it is at a manageable level right now which is good.  This will allow me to go ahead and take care of my laundry starting at 1245.  i should be finished with that by 1430.  After that, I will run my two errands and then try to straighten up my kitchen.  That's the room I'm going to focus on today.  Tomorrow, I am going to have a brunch at Jimmy's Egg which is a breakfast/lunch diner chain.  Then, after that, I will watch 2 games of baseball and 1 game of football before going to bed to get ready for Week 5.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1442 on: August 31, 2014, 12:01:37 PM »

Weird Bushie.  Its almost like sitting in a chair for 48 hours straight watching football and eating junk food is bad for you or something.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1443 on: August 31, 2014, 12:13:16 PM »

Weird Bushie.  Its almost like sitting in a chair for 48 hours straight watching football and eating junk food is bad for you or something.

You know you're really over exaggerating, don't you?  I was up and down yesterday.  Granted, I probably stayed in the love seat a little longer than I should have, but I wasn't sedentary the entire day.  I did get up and do a few things.  The only junk food I had was a hamburger from Sonic about 1400 and some ice cream at 1915.  I had nothing else to eat the entire day.  I did have quite a bit of Diet Dr Pepper, but that has no calories, so I don't feel bad about it.  I actually came back down to 283.6 on the scale this morning.  I'm trying to behave today so I can maybe go even lower tomorrow morning.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1444 on: August 31, 2014, 12:17:50 PM »

The only junk food I had was a hamburger from Sonic about 1400 and some ice cream at 1915.  I had nothing else to eat the entire day.

Wonderful. Just...wonderful. Either the most painfully oblivious person on the planet or the greatest comedy routine. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1445 on: August 31, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »

"The only the junk food I had all day was everything I ate."
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1446 on: August 31, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »

Week 4 was by far the best week of my career so far.  Very few things went wrong and I showed tremendous progress.  I can tell my boss is pleased because his demeanor is changing.  He is starting to become comfortable with me taking on more difficult and more involved projects.  The first month is unofficially over and I have made a lot of progress in the 20 days that I have been there.  I'm looking forward to what month 2 will bring.  Right now, though, I have a 3-day weekend ahead of me and I am going to take it easy and watch a lot of football.  I counted it up and I will be watching 10 football games and 2 baseball games between tonight and Monday night.  It all starts in 45 minutes at 1800.

So no thoughts on my post?  I know that things are going great with the job, but there are other positive steps you can make in life, and positives tend to feed into each other.  You should use the job success as a motivator to make other good changes.  

I have made changes.  I am losing weight, on average of about a pound or two a week.  I'm not worried about it.

Show us the scale

No

Afraid we will know the truth?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1447 on: August 31, 2014, 12:34:57 PM »

It's okay Bushie. You need encouragement. Progress, not perfection.  Keep making substitutions (skip the bacon, BBQ sauce instead of mayo, drink a glass of water before a meal, etc).

Bushie won't change by bullying him or making fun of him.

He loathes water and skipping bacon. It's really insensitive of you to suggest he do such a thing, snowbully283.6
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1448 on: August 31, 2014, 12:48:11 PM »

So eating only junk food all day and no mention of any water at all results in a Grade 8 headache?  Shocking revelations!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1449 on: August 31, 2014, 12:50:44 PM »

Guys, there is no need and no use in making fun of me.  Since when did you get the idiotic idea that mocking someone helps them?  I'm doing what I need to so there's no need to continue to hammer me about it.  You all are acting like junior high boys by continually mocking me.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies