Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:03:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 169545 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: August 31, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »

I'm doing what I need to so there's no need to continue to hammer me about it.

Yes there is, because "doing what you need to" in your case is consistently the worst thing anybody could ever do.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1451 on: August 31, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »

"I'm doing what I need to..."

Um. What?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1452 on: August 31, 2014, 01:00:42 PM »

bushie do you dislike water?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1453 on: August 31, 2014, 01:02:38 PM »

No, and I've never said that or implied that.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1454 on: August 31, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »

You have.. several times in past seasons.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1455 on: August 31, 2014, 01:09:38 PM »

If you were doing things even close to right or being at all interested in doing things close to right, we wouldn't be mocking you.

You eating hamburgers and ice cream all day, effectively sitting in a chair for 48 hours straight*, and you complain about a massive headache like it came out of nowhere or "because I'm getting old."  You gave yourself a headache.  There is no debate.

*Yes, I know you got up to go to the bathroom, walked to the car to drive to Sonic, and put your trash in the dumpster, but that's 500 steps of walking tops. 1000 if I'm being ultra generous. The average American walks 5000 steps per day and the average American is overweight as well and walks half as much as average people around the world. That is how far you are from normal activity.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1456 on: August 31, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »

Bushie, have you accepted that at some point you're just going to have to start horking down foods you don't like very much whether you want to or not if you want to stand even a remote chance of getting healthy again?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1457 on: August 31, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

Bushie, have you accepted that at some point you're just going to have to start horking down foods you don't like very much whether you want to or not if you want to stand even a remote chance of getting healthy again?

... or surviving to 40?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1458 on: August 31, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »

I know things need to change, but I'm in the process of making those changes.  It's slow I know, but I'm getting there.  I do realize I need to make faster changes, but I am making changes.  I have my big goal, and I have small goals along the way to get to that big goal.  I have already met one goal and I'm well on my way to the second goal.

Nathan, yes I know I'll eventually have to eat things I don't like, but do you understand the lack of motivation when it's just you?  There's no real incentive to getting real healthy.  A long life is not that much of a motivation.  No, I'm not morbid, and I want to live as long as I can, but a long life is not a huge motivator.  Everybody's going to die whether healthy or not.  I want to lose some weight, but I have no desire to lose 80-100 pounds.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1459 on: August 31, 2014, 01:30:59 PM »

Christmas seems a little bit early. Why not wait until tomorrow?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1460 on: August 31, 2014, 01:38:26 PM »

There's no evidence you're in a process to change. There's no steps being taken.

A process would be from going to eating 0 vegetables to eating vegetables once a week. Or going from eating a burger every day to eating a burger every other day.

Hell, going for a walk once a fiscal quarter would be more signs of there being a process here.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1461 on: August 31, 2014, 01:39:53 PM »

You've been "making changes" for years, brah. You've just gotten more sturdy
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1462 on: August 31, 2014, 01:42:40 PM »

I hesitate to post this as I don't really want to get properly involved in this freak show, but some things just can't...

So you think you're getting old, do you? You're thirty two, right? In your average first world country this means you aren't even middle aged, but still a young man.

Still, premature aging can happen. Allow me to give you an example.

My Great-Grandad died at fifty and in photos taken shortly before he does indeed look like an old man, particularly when compared to a photo of him taken when he was in his twenties. But then he worked down a colliery his entire life (going down the pits for the first time as a boy), and for most of those decades he worked in the most physically demanding of jobs - a hewer - in what was still an unmechanised industry. At various times in his job he came quite close to dying (not unusual in the coal industry at the time, alas). He also lived in such dire poverty in the 20s and 30s that he could literally not afford to feed his family... and at the time of those photos had either pneumoconiosis or cancer, and quite probably both.

You grew up (and have mostly lived in) comfort, with all your wants taken care of. Except when attempting to scam people as a door-to-door con artists (hardly a physically demanding activity I suspect), you have worked a series of desk jobs. You have not suffered any serious medical emergences. You barely even walk anywhere. You are not getting old. You are just grossly fat.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1463 on: August 31, 2014, 01:44:45 PM »

Here we go again...  Another major headache is keeping me out of church this morning.  I've got a Grade 8 headache underway.  I don't know really where it came from.  I got a little over 9 hours sleep last night, so I guess that could be it, but usually that amount of sleep doesn't affect me too much and 9 times out of 10 I don't get a monster headache.  I wouldn't call it a migraine right now, as I'm still able to function and not bed-ridden.  Anyway, I'm grateful I still have all day today and tomorrow off and don't have to go back to work until Tuesday because of the holiday.  I need to try to get over it as fast as I can, though, as I do want to do my laundry and run by the grocery store this afternoon before a couple more games tonight.

How much water did you drink yesterday?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1464 on: August 31, 2014, 01:53:11 PM »

Guys, there is no need and no use in making fun of me.  Since when did you get the idiotic idea that mocking someone helps them?  I'm doing what I need to so there's no need to continue to hammer me about it.  You all are acting like junior high boys by continually mocking me.

Someone who weighs 250+ pounds for 5 years isn't "doing what he needs to". You're on the pathway to a very early death. That may be fine with you, and if it is, so be it, but if you want to live past 50, don't think that the tiny baby step you made by only having a burger, ice cream, and pop instead of a burger, ice cream, pop, and fries is going to help you.

Your headaches are likely partially caused by the caffeine you drink with all that Diet Dr. Pepper.

You say a long life isn't a motivation, but what is "long" to you? If you keep eating and doing the activities you do, how long do you think you'll live? What's your goal and expected lifetime?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1465 on: August 31, 2014, 02:03:10 PM »

the 'everyone is going to die...' argument is something ignorant smokers say.

dont be that person, bushie.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1466 on: August 31, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »

I agree that you probably caused the headache yourself ... watching a lot of TV will do it, as will not eating enough in a day. As much as it wouldn't hurt you to skip a meal or two, doing so is probably a shock to a body that is used to getting more.

Jeff, if I suggest a shopping list and an easy-to-fix menu of foods, will you at least try it for a couple of weeks? I'll make sure nothing is difficult to prepare and not expensive (certainly no more expensive than eating out every meal). And it won't be giving up "everything good" all in one fell swoop.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1467 on: August 31, 2014, 02:35:04 PM »

Yeah, your watching TV all the time will cause it. Hell we were in bed till like 3 yesterday afternoon (not my choice) and I felt like crap.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1468 on: August 31, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »

Watching TV all day could easily play a part as could regular genetics.  It's probably a combination of the two.  I still have the headache, but I did manage to do my laundry and run my errands this afternoon so that's out of the way for another week.

I am thinking of what I want for supper tonight.  I want to do something different besides a burger or pizza.  I only have 1100 calories left today so I can't afford much.  I may just have a couple ham and cheese sandwiches.  I don't want to go out to eat because of the football games this evening and because of wanting to save a bit of money.  Having the knowledge that I am quite picky on what I eat, what sounds good to you?  I'm not saying I will follow your suggestions necessarily, but then again I might.  I just need ideas.  I don't want to go all out tonight because it is a holiday weekend still and I want to have dinner finished and cleaned up by 1800 when Utah State vs. Tennessee comes on.

J-Mann, I guess you could make a menu and let me try it for a few days.  As I noted above, I am quite picky on my food choices, but let's do just one week.  I don't want to commit to two weeks, just yet.  Get it to me by tomorrow and I can go by the store and get the stuff and start it tomorrow night.  Also remember that Wednesday I won't have a lot of time because I'll have church from 1830-2000, so try to find something quick that evening, if you could.  I will go out to eat again on Friday night and eat with my Sunday School group on Saturday night.  So, 3 full nights (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) and 1 light night (Wednesday) would be a good start.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1469 on: August 31, 2014, 02:58:56 PM »

I only have 1100 calories left today so I can't afford much.

1100 = can't afford much is because you only eat garbage.

An 8 oz sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli from Texas Roadhouse clocks in at 920 calories. But a las, even that is too healthy for you. You'd rather have "few ham sandwiches" for  1100 calories that leave you completely unsatisfied and still be hungry afterwards and have to go get some ice cream to fill your stomach.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1470 on: August 31, 2014, 03:02:57 PM »

An 8 oz sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli from Texas Roadhouse clocks in at 920 calories. But a las, even that is too healthy for you. You'd rather have "few ham sandwiches" for  1100 calories that leave you completely unsatisfied and still be hungry afterwards and have to go get some ice cream to fill your stomach.

LULZ! My cal intake is like 1200-1500 a day. You can have so much on that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1471 on: August 31, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »

An 8 oz sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli from Texas Roadhouse clocks in at 920 calories. But a las, even that is too healthy for you. You'd rather have "few ham sandwiches" for  1100 calories that leave you completely unsatisfied and still be hungry afterwards and have to go get some ice cream to fill your stomach.

That 8 oz sirloin does sound good.  I have been kind of wanting a steak, but always judged them as being way over the top, worse than hamburgers.  8 oz is about the right size for me, too.  The mashed potatoes sound good and although I might get a different veggie, it all does sound really good.  I still have time before the game comes on to eat and get back.  It's late enough now that I can go ahead and have supper.

Thanks for the suggestion.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1472 on: August 31, 2014, 03:09:14 PM »

I think you'll simply have to get over the pickiness. Children can be picky and I'll excuse it. When adults have such a limited palate, it's because they're imposing it on themselves. They sound ridiculous.

That said, I can't force you to eat what you don't like.

How about making some of your favorites differently? You know how to scramble eggs and fry bacon ... just buy egg whites (or put regular eggs in a bowl and use a water bottle to suction out the yolks) and turkey bacon. Get some tomatoes, mushrooms and skim-milk cheese and scramble them in with the eggs.

I don't know what sort of calorie count that'd be, but it'll be healthier and better tasting than just a couple of ham sandwiches. Plus, turkey bacon is cheap.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1473 on: August 31, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »

You can get a different veggie. But remember corn is not a veggie. The point is, meals that are complete are more filling and easier to control in terms of calories than eating light carbs that don't fill you up. 2000 calories of steak, potatoes, and a green is far easier to eat than 2000 calories of bologna and cheese sandwiches

Have you ever had a caeser salad before, Bushie? You'd like it. Try eating a chicken caeser salad as a meal.

Also, go to KFC or Chick Fil A for fast food. Chicken is much better than beef. Here's a KFC suggestion

5pc max chicken strips
Unlimited green bean orders
1 biscuit

No more no less on the strips and biscuit. You can have as many green beans as you want.

Alternatively, if you must have a side like Mashed Potatoes, you can replace the 5 strips with 3 Grilled Chicken pieces, and then you can add a single mashed potatoes to the order.

As for your fast food burger addiction, I'm actually a big fan of burgers. The real calorie crux comes from the french fries and shakes. I want you to try one thing for me, Bushie, I want you to give up french fries and shakes for a month.

1 Braum's burger
1 side salad (they have it on the menu)
1 Diet Dr Pepper

I know, I know... salad is going too fast! But if you can't handle the freakin' salad yet, I'd honestly rather you order a bigger burger than eat any fries or shake.

My tip for making the salad more tolerable for you would be to not eat as a salad but to put it on your burger. Take a handful of the lettuce, carrots, cabbage, etc and just put it on top of the lettuce already on the burger. You probably won't notice it, in fact, you might like it.

That's my constructive advice for the day.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1474 on: August 31, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »

If you're going to eat red meat (which is fine in and of itself), have red meat no more than, say, twice a week. As King said, replace it with more chicken and, IMO, especially turkey (my favorite lunchmeat and a fairly low-calorie one). Does Braum's do turkey burgers?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies