Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 162280 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: August 31, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »

J-Mann, with what you said being true (and it is), let's fire away and see what we're working with.

King, thank you for that post.  All of that stuff I can do easily.  I can easily give up fries and shakes.  I still may treat myself to an occasional frosty from Wendy's, but not often.  I love KFC and Chick Fil a.  Those are some of my favorite places.  I didn't get corn, instead I ordered green beans.  8 oz sirloin plus mashed potatoes w/ white gravy.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1476 on: August 31, 2014, 04:00:37 PM »

If you're going to eat red meat (which is fine in and of itself), have red meat no more than, say, twice a week. As King said, replace it with more chicken and, IMO, especially turkey (my favorite lunchmeat and a fairly low-calorie one). Does Braum's do turkey burgers?

Abstaining from red meat isn't hard, I found, with a healthy supply of chicken and turkey--ground or breasts is what I typically bought.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1477 on: August 31, 2014, 04:43:43 PM »

I'm home from dinner and I am in for the evening.  I am going to follow the challenge by King and abstain from fries and shakes for the month of September.  It should be really easy to do.  Like I said, I still may get an occasional frosty from Wendy's, like less than once a week, but I won't get a big malt.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1478 on: August 31, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »

I'm home from dinner and I am in for the evening.  I am going to follow the challenge by King and abstain from fries and shakes for the month of September.  It should be really easy to do.  Like I said, I still may get an occasional frosty from Wendy's, like less than once a week, but I won't get a big malt.

You lasted the challenge for an entire two sentences. Congratulations, shortest bout of willpower yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1479 on: August 31, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »

You lasted the challenge for an entire two sentences. Congratulations, shortest bout of willpower yet.

Ice cream in and of itself is not bad for you.  Plus, its good to treat yourself once in a while.  Moderation is key.  I can't go overboard as I am a little lactose intolerant, but I can still get an occasional frosty and not murder my diet.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1480 on: August 31, 2014, 05:14:38 PM »

A frosty is the same thing as a shake. You've already failed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1481 on: August 31, 2014, 05:18:03 PM »

A frosty is the same thing as a shake. You've already failed.

Alright, fine, I will cut out frosties, too.  It will save me $2.05 with it every time I would get it, which lately has been once a week.  $8.20 a month is $8.20 a month, plus a lot of calories saved.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1482 on: August 31, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »

Bushie, ice cream is bad for you. It makes me sad too.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1483 on: August 31, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »

Oh, and as of today there are exactly 115 shopping days until Christmas 2014!  Time is tickin'!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1484 on: August 31, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »

Yeah, I guess it is.  I know it is calorie-laden.  It is a good source of calcium, but that's probably the only benefit.  It is heart-breaking.  Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1485 on: August 31, 2014, 06:06:46 PM »

Time for a double header of college football that will close out the month of August 2014 and will open up the month of September 2014.  Up first, Utah State vs. Tennessee on SEC Network followed by Southern Methodist vs. Baylor on my DVR.  This will take me all the way from now till between 0030 and 0100 Monday Morning!!  I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1486 on: August 31, 2014, 06:55:38 PM »

Yeah, I guess it is.  I know it is calorie-laden.  It is a good source of calcium, but that's probably the only benefit.  It is heart-breaking.  Sad

This is what is always going to let you down... you consider changing habits as being a punishment. Not realising that you're adding years to your life, increasing the quality of that life. Therefore giving yourself 'treats' is just a pathway. You don't have the will-power to just have a 'little wafer'.

Also, you need to talk to your parents et al - you cannot do this if you're constantly eating with them and not supporting you in changing your habits.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1487 on: August 31, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »

I'm hesitant to post this now because you've already started one challenge, but my father's doctor showed him this video at his physical, and my father passed it on to me as a little birthday bonus last week. I forgot to watch it, but he just asked me if I had yet watched it, and after the discussion here, I couldn't help but feel that it was meant to happen that way. So, I realize you've already started King's "challenge", but this one is quite easy and one that I think you should consider:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1488 on: August 31, 2014, 07:15:45 PM »

I'm hesitant to post this now because you've already started one challenge, but my father's doctor showed him this video at his physical, and my father passed it on to me as a little birthday bonus last week. I forgot to watch it, but he just asked me if I had yet watched it, and after the discussion here, I couldn't help but feel that it was meant to happen that way. So, I realize you've already started King's "challenge", but this one is quite easy and one that I think you should consider:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo

It does seem like a pretty easy challenge.  I think I'll add that to my list.  If I can just get out there for 30 minutes a day, or even 10 minutes at a time like the doctor on the video says, then that will help a bunch when combined with King's challenge.  I think at half time of this game, I'm going to get outside and walk for about 15 minutes and then at half time of tomorrow night's game do it again.  I would like to walk at least 20 minutes a day for 5 days a week to start.  That will give me 100 minutes of walking.  Eventually, I can get up to 30-40 minutes of walking 5 days a week.  I can just walk up and down my apartment complex street.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1489 on: August 31, 2014, 07:31:42 PM »

I couldn't wait for half time.  I just got out there for 10 minutes walking 0.51 miles.  Its not much, but its a place to start.  Now, to do this 4 more times this week.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1490 on: August 31, 2014, 07:38:45 PM »

I had lunch at a Cracker Barrel today. Bushie would likely have been one of the healthier patrons in the establishment, were he there. It's not every day you get to see ball-shaped, red-faced people drive their motorized scooters up to the table and proceed to load up on buttered biscuits, fried chicken, gravy, fried okra and sugar-coated carrots. There are at least two evangelical megachurches in the vicinity, so the after-church crowd was out in full force.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1491 on: August 31, 2014, 07:46:53 PM »

I am going to go out to eat tomorrow for brunch, but then I'll get started on King's challenge.  I guess by not having fries or a shake at brunch, then I'll start the challenge at midnight tomorrow morning.  I have already started Inks's challenge.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1492 on: August 31, 2014, 08:06:21 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2014, 08:14:26 PM by King »

I consider the Frosty to be the shake at Wendy's.  If you want something sweet, I recommend trying Chobani Greek Yogurts. But at fast food, I'd really prefer your only sweet treat to be your diet soda.

When you get those cravings Bushie, just think long term. October 1st isn't a long time from now. You're not giving anything up cold turkey here. Your next shake is coming, just give it awhile.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1493 on: August 31, 2014, 08:36:16 PM »

I know, King.  September is a short month.  I'm not concerned about it.  No fries and no shake will also save me some money.  French fries are generally $2-$3 on their own.  I could save $10+ a week just on fries.  That's significant.  Not to mention it's about 200-300 calories a meal.  Overtime that's quite a bit.  I'm going to start this like I said here at midnight.  Hopefully that combined with walking just a bit will help me drop the weight a little faster.  I still will keep the modest goal of dropping into the 270's by the end of September.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1494 on: August 31, 2014, 08:37:42 PM »

I've already got a challenge in mind for October, but I've got enough for September.  The challenge will be to leave off the cheese from my burgers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1495 on: August 31, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »

This is what is always going to let you down... you consider changing habits as being a punishment. Not realising that you're adding years to your life, increasing the quality of that life. Therefore giving yourself 'treats' is just a pathway. You don't have the will-power to just have a 'little wafer'.

Also, you need to talk to your parents et al - you cannot do this if you're constantly eating with them and not supporting you in changing your habits.

Since I live roughly 105 miles away from them and only go home once every 3-4 weeks I only eat with them for 2-4 days a month.  September will only see 2 days with them (9/12-13).  After that, it will be October 3 before I go back down there.  I will try to behave down there, but 2-4 meals a month will not murder the entire month.  Still, though, I will still do my best to honor King's challenge.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1496 on: August 31, 2014, 09:11:50 PM »

As of this morning, I weigh 283.6.  My first goal is 278 by October 1.  A little further out, I want to be down to 268 by Thanksgiving.  That's only 15 pounds total and 5 pounds each of the next three months.  It's a very modest goal, but that's the point right now.  I need goals that are attainable.  With these two challenges, I can do it.  God will be my guide and I will have friends here and on Facebook to support and encourage me and hold my feet to the fire.  Yes, folks, September 1 is going to mark the beginning of a shift away from my unhealthy lifestyle.

I will weigh everyday, just as part of my OCD.  I will post here every three days what I weigh.  I will also report here what I have to eat throughout the day.  I guess I could even take a picture of the scale so there can be visual proof of my progress.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1497 on: August 31, 2014, 09:13:12 PM »

Jeff, will you briefly relax while looking at the Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton pictures that leaked today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1498 on: August 31, 2014, 09:21:09 PM »

Doubtful.  I haven't briefly relaxed in over a week.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1499 on: August 31, 2014, 09:52:07 PM »

Doubtful.  I haven't briefly relaxed in over a week.

% chance?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies