Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:15:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170720 times)
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: September 04, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »

and so this chapter of update might be coming to a close. RIP Tulsa?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1601 on: September 04, 2014, 01:58:08 PM »

: (
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1602 on: September 04, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »

Jeff knows where he's made mistakes, we've established that.

I think this is where I really disagree with you.  Most of the time, Jeff doesn't actually know that he's made a mistake, and if he does, he doesn't realize why it was a mistake.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1603 on: September 04, 2014, 03:15:25 PM »

This is bad. But I'm impressed at how the writers have executed this turn of events.

Did bushie really quit Northrupp Grumman for a call center in Dallas? Or just because he wanted to live in Dallas?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1604 on: September 04, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »

Lunch time.  My boss is in a pretty crabby mood so it's making the day not as good as it could be.  Im trying to understand something, but he keeps yelling at me that I don't get it, yet.  One of my coworkers is going to look at it with me after lunch.  I'm just ready for this day to be over...

this is not good at all.  hopefully everything turns out okay.  youve obviously like this job better than any youve had.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1605 on: September 04, 2014, 03:51:26 PM »

This is bad. But I'm impressed at how the writers have executed this turn of events.

Did bushie really quit Northrupp Grumman for a call center in Dallas? Or just because he wanted to live in Dallas?
I believe he moved to Dallas to sell vacuum cleaners door to door.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1606 on: September 04, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »

Sigh. This seems like a pattern for sweet bushie. I hope he doesn't get canned from his current job, but it sounds bad if he's getting yelled at over not understanding something.

How many mistakes is he making? And is he just laughing them off like the diabetes and his parents health problems?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1607 on: September 04, 2014, 04:14:26 PM »

I hope Bushie is still employed, but it would not shock me if this was it for him. I really doubt anyone would just start yelling at you because of a "crabby day." More likely today was the boiling point of frustration in Bushie's poor performance.

And I doubt the bossman was laughing with Bushie at all of his mistake ridden work as he claims.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1608 on: September 04, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »

I hope Bushie is still employed, but it would not shock me if this was it for him. I really doubt anyone would just start yelling at you because of a "crabby day." More likely today was the boiling point of frustration in Bushie's poor performance.

And I doubt the bossman was laughing with Bushie at all of his mistake ridden work as he claims.

In Bushie's defense, I had a boss once who would yell at people for insignificant things on days he was crabby. One minute he'd be shouting, and the next he'd be making jokes. It was very strange and made it somewhat stressful to work there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1609 on: September 04, 2014, 04:42:31 PM »

I had a boss at an internship that would go through horrible mods swings too. One day she'd be complaining about things that never happened and the next she'd be my best friend.

I'm not sure why bushie is getting yelled at today, but he has admitted making many mistakes so maybe this is the boiling point for his boss.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1610 on: September 04, 2014, 06:02:23 PM »

RIPing in Update is a lot of fun and an Update tradition, but bosses yell at their employees all the time.  I say we go with "RIP Assumptions : (" when all this blows over and Bushie is back at work tomorrow. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1611 on: September 04, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2014, 07:30:30 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

I am home from work and supper is over.  I had a bad day, but a learning day.  I'm in no danger of losing the job, but I just made several mistakes.  But, I prayed about it on the way home and I feel better tonight, just tired.  I am going to learn from my mistakes and try again tomorrow.  Everybody has bad days and everybody makes mistakes, so I'm far from alone in that respect.  I've only been there one month, so I still have a learning curve, yet, but some of the mistakes are the exact same mistakes I've been making time after time.  It's like I regressed some from the end of August.  The way I see it, though, I have had so many great days, but this kept me in check.  Tonight, I am going to watch the opening game of the 2014-2015 NFL Season on NBC at 1930 and then I think I will watch Big Brother from 2230-2315 before I go to bed.  Tomorrow is Friday, so I'll be fine.  Even though I had a bad day, I am looking forward to getting back in there tomorrow and improving on my errors.  All is good in my neck of the woods!  God is so very good!!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1612 on: September 04, 2014, 06:16:52 PM »

I am home from work and supper is over.  I had a bad day, but a learning day.  I'm in no danger of losing the job, but I just made several mistakes today that kind of set my boss off.  He never raised his voice, but he was upset.  He also was in a crabby mood, so that combined with my mistakes made for a bad day.  But, I prayed about it on the way home and I feel better tonight, just tired.  I am going to learn from my mistakes and try again tomorrow.  Everybody has bad days and everybody makes mistakes, so I'm far from alone in that respect.  I've only been there one month, so I still have a learning curve, yet, but some of the mistakes are the exact same mistakes I've been making time after time.  It's like I regressed some from the end of August.  The way I see it, though, I have had so many great days, but this kept me in check.  Tonight, I am going to watch the opening game of the 2014-2015 NFL Season on NBC at 1930 and then I think I will watch Big Brother from 2230-2315 before I go to bed.  Tomorrow is Friday, so I'll be fine.  Even though I had a bad day, I am looking forward to getting back in there tomorrow and improving on my errors.  All is good in my neck of the woods!  God is so very good!!

Good attitude!

RIP Assumptions
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1613 on: September 04, 2014, 07:20:30 PM »

I'm still very excited about the job that I have.  I think it's the best job I've had in years.  I will learn from my mistakes and will progressively work to reduce and eliminate them.  This was a day that I needed, really.  It drained me mentally, and it was tough to get through, but I made it through and even stayed 45 minutes late trying to glean from my boss.  My dad gave me a good tip this evening on how to improve and show them I am trying - write down my errors at the end of each day and review them every morning when I get in and try to spot trends and work to check off those mistakes and eventually see my notes get shorter and shorter.  I may not eliminate all the errors in the next two months, but it will show them I am trying.  My old man gave me a lot of encouragement.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1614 on: September 04, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »

Actually, if I were you, I would, at the very least, have a nagging suspicion that God didn't like me very much. Because this appears to have come out of the blue. You appeared to be making progress and as far as we knew you weren't making many mistakes. I don't know what to make of this.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1615 on: September 04, 2014, 07:37:18 PM »

I may have missed the boat on this, but now I'm curious - Jeff, what were you doing at Northrop Grummann?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1616 on: September 04, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »

Actually, if I were you, I would, at the very least, have a nagging suspicion that God didn't like me very much. Because this appears to have come out of the blue. You appeared to be making progress and as far as we knew you weren't making many mistakes. I don't know what to make of this.

He just has a way to bring me back to reality and keep me in line.  I had so many good days that I was kind of due for a bad day.  The law of averages came into play today.  And, really, only about 90 minutes of it were bad.  The other 7 1/2 hours were pretty good as I worked.  The 90 minutes were enough to make it seem like it all was bad.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1617 on: September 04, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »

I may have missed the boat on this, but now I'm curious - Jeff, what were you doing at Northrop Grummann?

Technical Editor.  I was converting operation manuals for the British AWACS from paper to PDF.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1618 on: September 04, 2014, 09:01:16 PM »

Jeff, why don't you play with that computer/CADD program that your parents bought you tonight instead of watching football?

I'm worried that you're not quite getting this CADD stuff.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1619 on: September 04, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »

Jeff, why don't you play with that computer/CADD program that your parents bought you tonight instead of watching football?

Eraser... it IS kickoff night we are talking about here. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1620 on: September 04, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

It's a relaxing Thursday evening in progress. My mind is still trying to comprehend and visualize the mistakes I made today. My brain just can't completely relax. I'm starting to get tired, but I want to finish this game and watch Big Brother after the game. As I'm getting tired tonight, I'm disappointed in myself, and that's why I'm being harder on myself than what I should be. However, my spirit is not broken. My resolve is still just as strong as ever. I still enjoy this job immensely and believe it is the best job I have had in many years. I will dust this off and go to work tomorrow and improve on my errors and finish Week 5 on a high note. Then, I will have a fun weekend and get myself ready for Week 6. Next Friday evening, I get to see my parents again as I go for a quick 24-hour visit to my parents.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1621 on: September 04, 2014, 09:23:47 PM »

I'm too tired tonight to think straight, but I may play with it some tomorrow night  and Saturday while I watch college football.  I can do both at the same time pretty easily.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1622 on: September 05, 2014, 06:15:00 AM »

Bushie, forgot to ask earlier in the year, but do you still hold a birthday party in Oklahoma for the Kenyan kids each year?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1623 on: September 05, 2014, 10:04:46 AM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1624 on: September 05, 2014, 10:24:19 AM »

I'm still not buying these mistakes were not a big deal. Papa Bushie telling him to do all that stuff with notes on the mistakes leads me to believe the story he's telling Papa is a bit more serious.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies