Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:08:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170364 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: September 05, 2014, 05:48:16 PM »

I'll get back on the challenge tomorrow.  I did nothing wrong at dinner.  I don't feel bad at all.  Plus, King, it's Friday.  It's no fun to eat healthy on weekends.  I wanted to enjoy my Friday supper with what I wanted to eat and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

If you wanna live past 40 you should drop the belief that eating should be "fun". The idea that you can eat differently on weekends makes a mockery of any attempt to improve your health and life chances, especially if you include Friday in the weekend. A three day weekend is almost half of the week. You cant halfass healthy living. One "unhealthy" day every second week might work (talk to a dietrician about it), but that should be the maximum.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1651 on: September 05, 2014, 05:49:30 PM »

So the 30 day challenge lasted exactly 4 days?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1652 on: September 05, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »

Eating can certainly be fun, or at least a pleasurable activity. The trick is getting off the junk food that makes up 100% of Bushie's meals. There's no reason proper food shouldn't be a joy to eat.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1653 on: September 05, 2014, 05:57:49 PM »

I love how he ordered 2 carbs to go along with his steak! On to the ice cream!

Zoe's Kitchen is a chain Greek place. It isn't bad and definitely has loads of healthy options. It's one of those "fast casual" places.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1654 on: September 05, 2014, 06:05:31 PM »

I'll get back on the challenge tomorrow.  I did nothing wrong at dinner.  I don't feel bad at all.  Plus, King, it's Friday.  It's no fun to eat healthy on weekends.  I wanted to enjoy my Friday supper with what I wanted to eat and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

If you wanna live past 40 you should drop the belief that eating should be "fun". The idea that you can eat differently on weekends makes a mockery of any attempt to improve your health and life chances, especially if you include Friday in the weekend. A three day weekend is almost half of the week. You cant halfass healthy living. One "unhealthy" day every second week might work (talk to a dietrician about it), but that should be the maximum.

Let me be completely truthful here for a bit:

Tonight, I was trying to go for a complete meal with a meat and veggie(s).  I ordered the steak as my meat, but there weren't any vegetables that I liked on the side list, so I had to go with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese.  It turns out that was FRIED mac and cheese.  I didn't touch it and only had a few bites of the potatoes and maybe 2 or 3 bites of the steak.  That should have been enough on its own, and I didn't need the ice cream, but I ordered without thinking.  Funny, though, I was cognizant of the challenge when I decided to go with steak instead of burger and fries.  So, yeah, i goofed and I may pay for that on the scale in the morning.  Not to mention, I've got a headache from the chocolate in the dessert.  I should have gone to Cracker Barrel.  At least there I could have gotten a real, home cooked meal complete with a poultry meat and at least a vegetable or two.  There are plenty of other good options besides breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  I went off the advice of some Facebook friends and I paid the price for it.  So, now tomorrow I have to behave myself and eat at the house and have no fries or ice cream.

As far as the no-ice cream challenge - I am going to issue a new challenge to myself.  I am going to restart the month and run it from September 6 through October 5.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1655 on: September 05, 2014, 06:13:50 PM »

I like how Bushie describes the meals at Cracker Barrel as "home cooked".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1656 on: September 05, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »

I like how Bushie describes the meals at Cracker Barrel as "home cooked".

They pretty much are.  It is a southern cuisine restaurant.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1657 on: September 05, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »

I cannot express how much better of a day today was than yesterday.  There is no comparison.  I finished the drawing that gave me the problems yesterday about 1100 today.  Then, I started working on another drawing and I'm already almost finished with it.  I just have to do two or three things to it Monday morning before I get it ready to be looked at.  I expect to have that drawing finished by noon Monday.  I always get a good feeling whenever I finish a drawing or project without errors.  I really felt like I was picking stuff up a lot better today and making fewer repetitive errors.  I must have learned a lot in the solid hour that I spent with my boss Thursday evening.  I can now enjoy my weekend and look forward to Week 6!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1658 on: September 05, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »

I'll get back on the challenge tomorrow.  I did nothing wrong at dinner.  I don't feel bad at all.  Plus, King, it's Friday.  It's no fun to eat healthy on weekends.  I wanted to enjoy my Friday supper with what I wanted to eat and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  

Let me be completely truthful here for a bit:

Tonight, I was trying to go for a complete meal with a meat and veggie(s).  I ordered the steak as my meat, but there weren't any vegetables that I liked on the side list, so I had to go with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese.  It turns out that was FRIED mac and cheese.  I didn't touch it and only had a few bites of the potatoes and maybe 2 or 3 bites of the steak.  That should have been enough on its own, and I didn't need the ice cream, but I ordered without thinking.  Funny, though, I was cognizant of the challenge when I decided to go with steak instead of burger and fries.  So, yeah, i goofed and I may pay for that on the scale in the morning.  Not to mention, I've got a headache from the chocolate in the dessert.  I should have gone to Cracker Barrel.  At least there I could have gotten a real, home cooked meal complete with a poultry meat and at least a vegetable or two.  There are plenty of other good options besides breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  I went off the advice of some Facebook friends and I paid the price for it.  So, now tomorrow I have to behave myself and eat at the house and have no fries or ice cream.

As far as the no-ice cream challenge - I am going to issue a new challenge to myself.  I am going to restart the month and run it from September 6 through October 5.

Forget mocking you, I'm so pissed at these posts that I'm just going to have to blow you up.

You're a big fat ass and you're always going to be.

(1) You did everything wrong at dinner tonight and most nights for your entire life. You have everything to be ashamed of and if you don't believe me take a good look in your closest mirror.

(2) "Let's pig out on Friday" is something a person who ate healthy Sat-Thu can say. You haven't eaten a healthy thing all week. My challenges to you were not to get you to eat healthy, I know what a pathetic lost cause you are in that department. My challenges to you were to get you to eat less carbs so you would fill up on less quantity of unhealthy food. Think about it, Bushie. I told you to eat THE BIGGEST CHEESEBURGER you want, FRIED CHICKEN FROM KFC, and STEAK. You still failed. If you think you've been prevented from having an enjoyable meal most of this week, you're an idiot.

(3) Yes, yes, you were "trying." TIP: The reason there were no vegetables you liked on the menu is because YOU HATE VEGETABLES. GET OVER IT. TGI Friday's veggies are cooked in butter and garlic and salt anyway, they taste great, and if you don't think they do GET OVER IT. Hunker down and eat. As for your trying, I think a better term is conniving. You conspire for an excuse. Diet Dr Pepper machine empty? Don't do a logical thing and get Coke Zero or Diet Coke or even ask an employee to refill the Diet Dr Pepper. Meal you ordered not come out good? Don't the logical thing send it back, order ice cream! And CHOCOLATE ice cream too! The known headache inducer! You can't even eat massively unhealthy right and order vanilla or strawberry that won't give you pain. YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD.

(4) Part of the challenge said you could have a burger. Eat the damn burger. I know you're addicted to burgers. Just get them. The no fries thing can last for a burger. Instead you DID ORDER FRIES. Fries are made of POTATOES, dummy.  You ordered your fries mashed up on a plate and served with mac and cheese.

(5) The problem here isn't the difference between Cracker Barrell and TGI Fridays. It's you. TGI Fridays has plenty of poultry and vegetables and everything else on the menu. If you had gone to Cracker Barrell, the same kind of tragic mishap that would allow you to "eat fun on Friday" would have occurred, because that's what you wanted it to happen.

It's all your fault and I hope reading the text in bold makes you angry enough to finally do something about it.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1659 on: September 05, 2014, 06:51:13 PM »

People and bosses have crappy days ... I'm just catching up from this week's updates, but I don't think his bad Thursday is too much of an indication that something is wrong. There have been many, many times in the last four months of my "new" job where I've felt completely clueless or my boss has been impatient, but I don't write about my days in the detail that Jeff does. I promise I've had a lot more bad and / or exhausting days than he has in the last month, but that in and of itself doesn't mean I'm in any danger.

It sounds to me like he maybe just has a boss who doesn't know how to manage or coach well.

Jeff, I do think if you're embracing this healthier lifestyle, you should branch out a bit and try some non-chain restaurants. I know I said I'd write up a shopping and cooking list for you; I just haven't had time. But if you're sticking with eating out, broaden your horizons a bit. Eating doesn't have to be unhealthy to be fun, and trying new restaurants will prove that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1660 on: September 05, 2014, 06:52:06 PM »

k
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1661 on: September 05, 2014, 06:59:03 PM »

Sorry for the nonchalant response I just posted.  I am coming off a very good day at work and I'm not going to let anybody or anything hurt my weekend.  I'm in such a good mood and you're not going to change that.  I am reading and comprehending everything you're saying, King, and i'm not dismissing any of it.  I'm just choosing not to respond to that in the way you'd like me to, because I know I could escalate this to levels unintended and unneeded.  Instead, I am choosing to let the scale do the talking while I enjoy my weekend.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1662 on: September 05, 2014, 07:03:47 PM »

Show us the scale if you're really losing weight. Because I've been busting my ass to lose theses 80lbs. I eat right, and work out. If eating several salt filled ham and cheese sandwiches on sugar loafs.. i mean.. white bread is what it takes, sign me up!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1663 on: September 05, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »

Sorry for the nonchalant response I just posted.  I am coming off a very good day at work and I'm not going to let anybody or anything hurt my weekend.  I'm in such a good mood and you're not going to change that.  I am reading and comprehending everything you're saying, King, and i'm not dismissing any of it.  I'm just choosing not to respond to that in the way you'd like me to, because I know I could escalate this to levels unintended and unneeded.  Instead, I am choosing to let the scale do the talking while I enjoy my weekend.

I think the only way he'd like you to respond is in a genuine change in lifestyle. His challenge was very reasonable and much more manageable, given he recommended small changes. He's disappointed at a lapse, given that manageability. I understand.

We take the time to write here because we care, Jeff. King cares. And we get mad because we care, too.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1664 on: September 05, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »

I'll get back on the challenge tomorrow.  I did nothing wrong at dinner.  I don't feel bad at all.  Plus, King, it's Friday.  It's no fun to eat healthy on weekends.  I wanted to enjoy my Friday supper with what I wanted to eat and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  If you don't like it, then shut up and let me live my life.  I am still following the challenges you set forth.  Yes, I had a slip up tonight, but I have not completely blown it.  Just do not mock me.  I have done NOTHING worthy of mocking.  If you mock me, you're the idiot, not me.

You abdicated any right to tell anyone on this forum to "shut up and let you live your life" several "seasons" ago. If you don't want to be judged, don't post judgeworthy actions on here.

If you think a lifestyle change that is necessary for your health is something you get weekends off for, you're going to keep pushing 300 pounds with one foot in the grave.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1665 on: September 05, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »

Eating can certainly be fun, or at least a pleasurable activity. The trick is getting off the junk food that makes up 100% of Bushie's meals. There's no reason proper food shouldn't be a joy to eat.
^^^^^^^^^^^

So f@&%ing true! When you view food as something which is only supposed to be deep-fried, unnaturally loaded with salt, sugar, sodium, ect, is a very dangerous lifestyle to live.

But, when you change your view of food, as something which is supposed to sustain your body, then the "unfun" choices suddenly become enjoyable to eat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1666 on: September 05, 2014, 07:29:08 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2014, 07:34:31 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

Sorry for the nonchalant response I just posted.  I am coming off a very good day at work and I'm not going to let anybody or anything hurt my weekend.  I'm in such a good mood and you're not going to change that.  I am reading and comprehending everything you're saying, King, and i'm not dismissing any of it.  I'm just choosing not to respond to that in the way you'd like me to, because I know I could escalate this to levels unintended and unneeded.  Instead, I am choosing to let the scale do the talking while I enjoy my weekend.

I think the only way he'd like you to respond is in a genuine change in lifestyle. His challenge was very reasonable and much more manageable, given he recommended small changes. He's disappointed at a lapse, given that manageability. I understand.

We take the time to write here because we care, Jeff. King cares. And we get mad because we care, too.

I know he cares and I'm not intentionally disputing that.  I just know I've done really well this week so far and just had a momentary lapse in judgement due in part to frustration from a bad meal.  What I know i can do is get back on track tomorrow.  I will be having a Mexican pot-luck at my pastor's house tomorrow evening so there will be no burger or fries and no ice cream.  Since the challenge began on September 1, I have lost nearly 2 pounds which is 11 pounds overall since mid-July.    I don't think I necessarily went way over my calories today.  The dessert wasn't that much.  It was a moderate scoop of cookies and cream ice cream sandwiched in between moderately big Oreo cookies drizzled with hot fudge.  I'll do the calculation on the calories in a little bit, but I don't think I went way overboard on my calories today.  I hardly had any lunch, so I had a lot of calories to "spend".

But, yes, I can sense his frustration and I can genuinely understand it.  I'm just not going to let his anger spill over into my weekend.

EDIT:  I ended up with about 2,000 calories today.  Not too bad for the dinner disaster.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1667 on: September 05, 2014, 08:30:09 PM »

Who the hell puts bbq sauce on a steak? WTF?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1668 on: September 05, 2014, 08:30:33 PM »

I can't believe I've already been at my job for 5 weeks.  The first week of Month 2 is already gone.  Week 6 will be a fun week.  We'll work like normal for the first four days and then we'll be moving across the street on Friday.  That will likely be a day free from drawing, but I'll be moving my desk and computer to the new office.  I'm not sure how we'll get it all moved on Friday, because we'll have to resume work on Monday, September 15.  I've heard I should have my own office.  I can't confirm that because I haven't seen the office, but that's an exciting prospect!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1669 on: September 05, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »

Who the hell puts bbq sauce on a steak? WTF?

I normally don't like BBQ sauce and this was no different.  A lot of people put A1 or KC Masterpiece on their steaks, but this was NOTA.  It was gross...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1670 on: September 05, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »

seriously
http://www.oa.org/
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1671 on: September 05, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »

king: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=198267.0
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1672 on: September 05, 2014, 09:51:47 PM »

Haha!  That's epic...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1673 on: September 05, 2014, 10:27:55 PM »

HAHA

THERE HE IS. THE CONNIVER-IN-CHIEF STRIKES ONCE AGAIN

HATES BBQ SAUCE. KNOWINGLY ORDERS HIS FOOD COVERED IN IT SO HE CAN SAY HE HAD TO EAT ICE CREAM

PATHETIC
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1674 on: September 05, 2014, 10:30:26 PM »

Zzzzzzz
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80  
« previous next »