Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:20:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170395 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: September 06, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »

I just e-mailed my instructor about how I'm doing at work.  One of my duties as an alumnus of his class is to update him periodically with how I'm doing at work especially since it took me so long to find work.  I will try to update him again before the end of the month.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1701 on: September 06, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »

Is McDonalds seriously a shorter drive than a place that sells eggs and bread? Of course it's Oklahoma so maybe it is...

The ingredients are not "the stuff" Bushie is missing.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1702 on: September 06, 2014, 05:57:45 PM »

Surely there are other places than Wal-mart to buy groceries. Your beloved Braum's, for example. Heck, a cursory Google search shows there's even a Whole Foods in Tulsa. (Are there really enough liberal upper-middle class white people in Tulsa to support one of those?) Where in the city do you live? The downtown area (which appears to be one square mile ringed by interstates) seems decent, but wow is the suburban sprawl endless.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1703 on: September 06, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »

Jeff, why don't you play with that computer/CADD program that your parents bought you tonight instead of watching football?

I'm worried that you're not quite getting this CADD stuff.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1704 on: September 06, 2014, 06:53:55 PM »

Surely there are other places than Wal-mart to buy groceries. Your beloved Braum's, for example. Heck, a cursory Google search shows there's even a Whole Foods in Tulsa. (Are there really enough liberal upper-middle class white people in Tulsa to support one of those?) Where in the city do you live? The downtown area (which appears to be one square mile ringed by interstates) seems decent, but wow is the suburban sprawl endless.

Whoa, welcome back.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1705 on: September 06, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »

I just e-mailed my instructor about how I'm doing at work.  One of my duties as an alumnus of his class is to update him periodically with how I'm doing at work especially since it took me so long to find work.  I will try to update him again before the end of the month.

So Big Russ Powers is being written back into the story? Excellent!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1706 on: September 06, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »

I had a Bushie dinner tonight, so I'll lay off him until tomorrow. One and Only BBQ's pulled pork quesadilla is pretty much the best fat man meal ever even though I can only eat half. Sucks to be all of you who don't live in Memphis and can't eat it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1707 on: September 06, 2014, 10:26:51 PM »

I'm home from the potluck game night.  We had a Mexican potluck and as predicted, I didn't eat a whole lot.  In fact, I am pretty hungry right now, but I'm okay for the night.  We played a couple games as a group and had a great time of fellowship and fun.

Johnny, I live on the east side of Tulsa about 12 miles from downtown.  I work on the south side of downtown and I drive 13 miles to get there, about 17-19 minutes in 7:15 am traffic.  There is one Whole Foods that I know of and a couple of other versions of Whole Foods called Sprouts.  It's supposed to still be organic food, but at a lower price.  They are all a few miles through the heart of town.  We do have a regular grocery store chain called Reasor's and there is one about 2 1/2 miles from me.  So, there are other options besides Walmart, but Walmart is an option.  I may go by there on Tuesday evening and get some groceries.  I have to get my haircut and do my laundry that evening, so it will be a busy evening, but it's my only night of the week with nothing going on.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1708 on: September 06, 2014, 10:35:25 PM »

He'll be in the story occasionally.  He won't be a constant figure, but he'll be in every now and then.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1709 on: September 06, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »

For the record, it was cookies and cream ice cream in between two moderate size Oreo cookies drizzled with hot fudge.  The fudge is what got me.

This is one of the greatest Update quotes of all time.

I didn't know it came with bbq sauce.  The menu just said sirloin with no description underneath the title.  I thought it would come dry.

Usually menus say if they come with sauce.  Although if my steak came with BBQ sauce on it and the menu didn't say, I'd be a bit pissed.  Don't get me wrong, I love barbecue (I'm partial to South Carolina style sauce), but not on my steak.  I'll take a nice filet mignon, lightly seasoned, with no sauce.  If you put sauce on a filet mignon, you are a terrible person.  But if that's not available or within the price range, and you're going for a sirloin steak, a bit of A1 (and only a little bit is needed) is perfect... none of that barbecue stuff on steak.  Save the barbecue for some brisket or pulled pork (or if you're really daring, a brisket and pork sandwich, with pickles, and some South Carolina style sauce... now that's a good sandwich).  And now I'm hungry...

Bushie's sister in law dropping some truth bombs...

Yeah... he was ripped off when he got in the drive through window. $8 for two eggs and biscuits? That's like a 90% profit margin.

You said it wrong...  The biscuits rang up to $7.57, so I gave them 2 five's, but I only got 43 cents back instead of $2.43.  I thought it was incredibly dishonest, but there was a long line behind me so I didn't feel like holding up traffic for 2 singles.  I make enough money that I won't miss the change, so it's alright.

Incredibly dishonest?  Or the cash register person just made a mistake... should've asked for the two singles.  It would've taken ~30 seconds, and the person probably would've just given it to you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1710 on: September 06, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »

Yeah... he was ripped off when he got in the drive through window. $8 for two eggs and biscuits? That's like a 90% profit margin.

You said it wrong...  The biscuits rang up to $7.57, so I gave them 2 five's, but I only got 43 cents back instead of $2.43.  I thought it was incredibly dishonest, but there was a long line behind me so I didn't feel like holding up traffic for 2 singles.  I make enough money that I won't miss the change, so it's alright.

You're that rich? I thought you were a debtor?

Even when you make $11.00 an hour and even though you're between paydays, $2.00 is not going to make a difference.  What that amounts to is missing out on 4 cans of Dr. Pepper at work.  What harm can that do?  Think about it.  That's all I use one dollar bills for nowadays.  Whenever I go out to eat, I try to use fives or higher or my debit card and take the resulting ones and put it in my refreshment fund for work.  I take the quarters and put them in my laundry fund.

The fact that you have a refreshment fund when your parents are still paying off your debt is, quite frankly, pretty disgusting.  It's not that you make enough money that you won't miss the change.  It's that you make enough money to get by while your parents prop you up by paying off the rest of your debt.

You were supposed to be totally dependent by April, weren't you?  How much of your expenses (which includes debt reduction) are they paying for?

He'll be in the story occasionally.  He won't be a constant figure, but he'll be in every now and then.

It's disturbing that you treat your life as some kind of TV show... it's like you don't take it seriously.  If you don't take your own life seriously, what's the point?  Just like when you said that living a long life isn't an incentive for you... that's not a very Christian attitude.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1711 on: September 06, 2014, 11:07:32 PM »

I will be having a Mexican pot-luck at my pastor's house tomorrow evening so there will be no burger or fries and no ice cream.

The Oklahoma white person interpretation of Mexican food is far unhealthier than a mere burger, fries or ice cream. Lots of processed American cheese, salt, fatty ground beef, sour cream, and not a vegetable to be seen except for some shredded iceberg lettuce.

You have no self-control. Unless you want to gorge on faux-enchiladas or seven-layer-dip, why don't you just say you're busy and do something else that evening?

Because I did that last month and I want to meet the group.  This is a new congregation for me, and I want to build relationships with the group.  I'll probably eat light tonight as I do at most pot-lucks due to not finding much that looks appealing, so I'm not worried about that too much.  I am more interested in the fellowship and the fun more than the food.  I've been looking forward to this for five weeks since I canceled out on the August meeting.  Plus, it will start preparing my heart for worship tomorrow morning.

The burning in your heart may be the Holy Spirit or it could just be myocardial infarction.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1712 on: September 06, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »

Even when you make $11.00 an hour and even though you're between paydays, $2.00 is not going to make a difference.  What that amounts to is missing out on 4 cans of Dr. Pepper at work.  What harm can that do?  Think about it.  That's all I use one dollar bills for nowadays.  Whenever I go out to eat, I try to use fives or higher or my debit card and take the resulting ones and put it in my refreshment fund for work.  I take the quarters and put them in my laundry fund.

The fact that you have a refreshment fund when your parents are still paying off your debt is, quite frankly, pretty disgusting.  It's not that you make enough money that you won't miss the change.  It's that you make enough money to get by while your parents prop you up by paying off the rest of your debt.

You were supposed to be totally dependent by April, weren't you?  How much of your expenses (which includes debt reduction) are they paying for?

Relax, the refreshment fund is nothing more than leftover one dollar bills after bigger bills are broken.  It's not an expense category of its own.

They pay about 1/3 of my bill expenses.  I will not get into actual numbers, but it's about 2:1 - my part vs. their part.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's disturbing that you treat your life as some kind of TV show... it's like you don't take it seriously.  If you don't take your own life seriously, what's the point?  Just like when you said that living a long life isn't an incentive for you... that's not a very Christian attitude.
[/quote]

I'm just trying to poke a little fun at myself.  Very harmless.  Of course, I take my life seriously, but not too seriously.  The long life thing was just frustration and fatigue talking.  I was tired of continually being hounded over it that I just said something.  Now, I'm making changes and actually taking things seriously.  I know I messed up yesterday and still lost 1.4 pounds (some of which could be water weight), but I atoned for that today and I stayed well under 2,000 calories today.  I didn't eat much at the potluck, I had one chicken chimichanga, a little Mexican spaghetti type thing, half of a chicken quesadilla, and about 5 or 6 chips with a spoonful of salsa.  No dessert and definitely no ice cream.  I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up at only 1,500 calories today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1713 on: September 06, 2014, 11:11:28 PM »

For the record, it was cookies and cream ice cream in between two moderate size Oreo cookies drizzled with hot fudge.  The fudge is what got me.

This is one of the greatest Update quotes of all time.

It makes sense as the fudge is chocolate and even though it was a small amount, it was enough to give me a headache for the next 18 hours.

Usually menus say if they come with sauce.  Although if my steak came with BBQ sauce on it and the menu didn't say, I'd be a bit pissed.  Don't get me wrong, I love barbecue (I'm partial to South Carolina style sauce), but not on my steak.  I'll take a nice filet mignon, lightly seasoned, with no sauce.  If you put sauce on a filet mignon, you are a terrible person.  But if that's not available or within the price range, and you're going for a sirloin steak, a bit of A1 (and only a little bit is needed) is perfect... none of that barbecue stuff on steak.  Save the barbecue for some brisket or pulled pork (or if you're really daring, a brisket and pork sandwich, with pickles, and some South Carolina style sauce... now that's a good sandwich).  And now I'm hungry...
[/quote]

The menu said nothing and, yes, I was pretty perturbed that it came with BBQ sauce.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Incredibly dishonest?  Or the cash register person just made a mistake... should've asked for the two singles.  It would've taken ~30 seconds, and the person probably would've just given it to you.
[/quote]

It was probably an honest mistake, and I did not realize it until I had already pulled up to the pick up window, and by then it was too late.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1714 on: September 06, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »

I will be having a Mexican pot-luck at my pastor's house tomorrow evening so there will be no burger or fries and no ice cream.

The Oklahoma white person interpretation of Mexican food is far unhealthier than a mere burger, fries or ice cream. Lots of processed American cheese, salt, fatty ground beef, sour cream, and not a vegetable to be seen except for some shredded iceberg lettuce.

You have no self-control. Unless you want to gorge on faux-enchiladas or seven-layer-dip, why don't you just say you're busy and do something else that evening?

Because I did that last month and I want to meet the group.  This is a new congregation for me, and I want to build relationships with the group.  I'll probably eat light tonight as I do at most pot-lucks due to not finding much that looks appealing, so I'm not worried about that too much.  I am more interested in the fellowship and the fun more than the food.  I've been looking forward to this for five weeks since I canceled out on the August meeting.  Plus, it will start preparing my heart for worship tomorrow morning.

The burning in your heart may be the Holy Spirit or it could just be myocardial infarction.

No, it's a real passion for worshiping my Jesus.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1715 on: September 06, 2014, 11:22:41 PM »

Relax, the refreshment fund is nothing more than leftover one dollar bills after bigger bills are broken.  It's not an expense category of its own.

They pay about 1/3 of my bill expenses.  I will not get into actual numbers, but it's about 2:1 - my part vs. their part.
Except that you purposely use $5s or higher so that you can break them and feed the refreshment fund.  There's absolutely no reason that at 32-year-old man with a decent paying job should have his parents be paying 1/3 of his expenses (although I suspect that it's probably closer to 1/2; with as often as you go out to eat, there's no way you're anywhere close to sustaining yourself).

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm just trying to poke a little fun at myself.  Very harmless.  Of course, I take my life seriously, but not too seriously.  The long life thing was just frustration and fatigue talking.  I was tired of continually being hounded over it that I just said something.  Now, I'm making changes and actually taking things seriously.  I know I messed up yesterday and still lost 1.4 pounds (some of which could be water weight), but I atoned for that today and I stayed well under 2,000 calories today.  I didn't eat much at the potluck, I had one chicken chimichanga, a little Mexican spaghetti type thing, half of a chicken quesadilla, and about 5 or 6 chips with a spoonful of salsa.  No dessert and definitely no ice cream.  I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up at only 1,500 calories today.
[/quote]
My biggest mistake in giving you advice was to tell you to weigh yourself every day.  I thought you would be able to comprehend that daily losses do not mean anything; I simply encouraged you to weigh yourself every day so that you consistently did it.  But it's clear that you don't understand how weight fluctuation works.

As for your caloric intake, your eggs, probably fried, would be roughly 180 calories total, two biscuits is another 200 calories.  So you're at 380 for breakfast.  The chimichanga is probably around 500.  According to Taste of Home, half a cup of Mexican spaghetti is 170 calories (although that'd depend on what was in it and how much you had).  The quesadilla is around 260 calories.  75 calories for the (corn?) chips and a negligible amount in the salsa.  So that's 1385, and is that really all you ate the whole day?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1716 on: September 06, 2014, 11:32:55 PM »

Filet mignon should be eaten with a sauce, ideally a pan sauce or a Bearnaise or something. But of course not BBQ sauce, that's disgusting.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1717 on: September 06, 2014, 11:32:57 PM »

Except that you purposely use $5s or higher so that you can break them and feed the refreshment fund.  There's absolutely no reason that at 32-year-old man with a decent paying job should have his parents be paying 1/3 of his expenses (although I suspect that it's probably closer to 1/2; with as often as you go out to eat, there's no way you're anywhere close to sustaining yourself).

So, what should I do? Have nothing to drink the entire day?  That's not going to happen.  I have calculated it before, it is roughly 1/3, maybe 3/8.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
My biggest mistake in giving you advice was to tell you to weigh yourself every day.  I thought you would be able to comprehend that daily losses do not mean anything; I simply encouraged you to weigh yourself every day so that you consistently did it.  But it's clear that you don't understand how weight fluctuation works.

As for your caloric intake, your eggs, probably fried, would be roughly 180 calories total, two biscuits is another 200 calories.  So you're at 380 for breakfast.  The chimichanga is probably around 500.  According to Taste of Home, half a cup of Mexican spaghetti is 170 calories (although that'd depend on what was in it and how much you had).  The quesadilla is around 260 calories.  75 calories for the (corn?) chips and a negligible amount in the salsa.  So that's 1385, and is that really all you ate the whole day?
[/quote]
[/quote]

Except the weight loss is becoming a trend.  I have lost 12 1/2 pounds since mid-July and 3 pounds since the beginning of the month.  That's not all water weight.

I only had maybe 1/4 cup of the spaghetti, so I could see maybe 125 calories.  The rest of the figures I can agree with, except the Chimi may have been 600-700 calories.  This was a long chimichanga.  Yes, that's all I had to eat today.  That's why I'm so hungry right now.  Breakfast was 840 calories as they were bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits, which rings in at 420 apiece.  So, I may have had closer to 1,750 calories, but still nothing other than that.  It's too late to eat anything else tonight.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1718 on: September 06, 2014, 11:47:34 PM »

Damn it's too bad Bushie finds the taste of water disgusting, or he could just bring a water bottle and save his petty cash.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1719 on: September 06, 2014, 11:49:08 PM »

Damn it's too bad Bushie finds the taste of water disgusting, or he could just bring a water bottle and save his petty cash.

I am thinking about getting a big water mug, because you're right that would save dollar bills as well as calories.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1720 on: September 06, 2014, 11:50:06 PM »

I'm going to bed, guys.  Talk to you all tomorrow.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1721 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:25 PM »

I'm home from the potluck game night.  We had a Mexican potluck and as predicted, I didn't eat a whole lot.  In fact, I am pretty hungry right now, but I'm okay for the night.  We played a couple games as a group and had a great time of fellowship and fun.

What games did you play?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1722 on: September 07, 2014, 12:36:40 AM »

Filet mignon should be eaten with a sauce, ideally a pan sauce or a Bearnaise or something. But of course not BBQ sauce, that's disgusting.

yes, any good cook deglazes the pan with wine

as for this bushie stuff, i've now resigned myself to a reader. let inks fight the battle until bushie's heart explodes
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1723 on: September 07, 2014, 03:05:02 AM »

Being really hungry at night shouldn't be the goal. You need to adjust your diet so the appropriate number of calories satisfies you. Unfortunately, that's basically impossible to do without evil vegetables.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1724 on: September 07, 2014, 03:17:23 AM »

You must be confused. How on earth did a filet mignon get into the Update?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies