Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:14:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170585 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: September 11, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »

Sounds like it.  I like Bushie, but I fear he was totally the kid at recess running to the teacher about every little bit of juvenile dissent he saw.   
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1901 on: September 11, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »

If I didn't catch the errors and correct them, the errors would have become my errors and would have come back on me.  Remember, again, it's all about the almighty dollar.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1902 on: September 11, 2014, 07:15:45 PM »

Sounds like it.  I like Bushie, but I fear he was totally the kid at recess running to the teacher about every little bit of juvenile dissent he saw.   

As I read it, he 100% did the right thing.  Engineering needs to be precise and I think catching this mistake was really good on his part.  Good job Jeff.  You just have to be sure that your work is clean and precise as well.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1903 on: September 11, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »

Bushie, you're being manic. The negative performance review you got less than 48 hours ago is not 'far behind you.' Opinions do not change that quickly.

Positive day for you, but you're still very much in the red. A little more friendliness with your co-workers would be helpful.

I would say dump the watch, but I know too well any change that involves change is difficult for you so I won't even bother going down that road.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1904 on: September 11, 2014, 07:44:02 PM »

King, I know the eval is still playing a part and I know two very good days does not change the perception that much, but I can't focus on the negative that the evaluation brought.  I can only go one day at a time.  The fact is, though, every good day will help.  I can't change his perception overnight, but while I still have a job, I still have time.  I'm focused right now on Friday.  I'm not worried about next week, yet, at all.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1905 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »

Don't say it's old news because you need to stay on your a game to make sure you keep this job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1906 on: September 11, 2014, 08:03:39 PM »

Don't say it's old news because you need to stay on your a game to make sure you keep this job.

I'm definitely not going to let up on this intensity.  I am focused and determined.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1907 on: September 11, 2014, 08:11:04 PM »

BUSHIE AT WORK

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1908 on: September 11, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »

I would say dump the watch, but I know too well any change that involves change is difficult for you so I won't even bother going down that road.

As opposed to change that doesn't involve change?

[See, I'm like Bushie now.  Correcting the mistakes of others.  Where's my $1500?]
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1909 on: September 11, 2014, 08:30:50 PM »

[See, I'm like Bushie now.  Correcting the mistakes of others.  Where's my $1500?]

I can give you Monopoly money.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1910 on: September 11, 2014, 08:40:45 PM »

I can give you Monopoly money.

I'll take it!

Though I'd prefer $10 for winning second prize in a beauty contest.  Sad
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1911 on: September 11, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »

Inks, I have already said that while the clock watching is hereditary (according to my mother), I can't blame anything on that.

Also, about the leaving early on Friday's, that is HIS idea, not mine.  He doesn't want to pay overtime, so I work extra during the week and take off early on Fridays.  He mentioned that initially, not me.  So, do not attack me for something that was his idea.

Is your mother in any position to determine what is and isn't hereditary? I haven't heard you mention Momma Bushie being a prolific publisher in genetic research.

I get that he doesn't want to pay overtime, but what difference does it make if you work 8 hours for 5 days or 9 hours for 4 days and 4 hours for one day? They both add up to 40 hours.

If your issue is, as you say, lack of focus, and you are looking at your watch every 2 to 3 minutes, I'm going to ask if this is what you really want to do. I wouldn't say my job is my "dream job" but I'm focused and don't look at my watch incessantly.

I recall you saying you wanted to get your CADD certification because you believed you could somehow use that skill when you moved to Kenya. I've never understood why you never considered pursuing a position with some kind of non-profit, whether religious or non-religious. Or why you never considered pursuing religious studies to become a pastor.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1912 on: September 11, 2014, 08:51:24 PM »

Good Thursday Evening! Oh my goodness today was a beautiful day!! I had a headache throughout the day (still have it), but I was really encouraged today. He is appearing to become more confident in me and is starting to place a little more responsibility on me. So far, so good!! The 30-day evaluation is old news. I know it is still a factor and still at play here, but the past two days gives me a lot of encouragement of being able to stay put in this job. I'm not cocky right now, but I'm growing more and more confident. Tonight is Thursday Night Football on CBS and then tomorrow is moving day. I will probably work up until Noon tomorrow and then pack up my computer and printer and get them ready to transport to the new office. It will be a fun day. I still don't know when I'll get out of there tomorrow. The plan is 1600, but it could be earlier if we get everything packed up in time. When I do get out of there, I am going to go on down to my parents' and spend the night with them tomorrow night.  I will be back before 2100 Saturday night.

Two days is old news?  Instead of just watching TV all night, why don't you put some of this momentum of doing a good job to practicing CAD?

As for correcting the mistakes of others, you were absolutely in the right, as long as you did it tactfully.  There's nothing good about staying silent about someone else's mistake when you're taking over that project, because it could come back to look like (and be blamed as) your mistake.  That being said, make sure you're staying humble about this.  It's one thing to be helpful and humble in your corrections, but nobody likes being corrected by a random new guy who they know the boss doesn't think is doing a great job who thinks he's having a great day so he decides to critique everyone.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1913 on: September 11, 2014, 09:06:48 PM »

Inks, I have already said that while the clock watching is hereditary (according to my mother), I can't blame anything on that.

Also, about the leaving early on Friday's, that is HIS idea, not mine.  He doesn't want to pay overtime, so I work extra during the week and take off early on Fridays.  He mentioned that initially, not me.  So, do not attack me for something that was his idea.

Is your mother in any position to determine what is and isn't hereditary? I haven't heard you mention Momma Bushie being a prolific publisher in genetic research.

I get that he doesn't want to pay overtime, but what difference does it make if you work 8 hours for 5 days or 9 hours for 4 days and 4 hours for one day? They both add up to 40 hours.

If your issue is, as you say, lack of focus, and you are looking at your watch every 2 to 3 minutes, I'm going to ask if this is what you really want to do. I wouldn't say my job is my "dream job" but I'm focused and don't look at my watch incessantly.

I recall you saying you wanted to get your CADD certification because you believed you could somehow use that skill when you moved to Kenya. I've never understood why you never considered pursuing a position with some kind of non-profit, whether religious or non-religious. Or why you never considered pursuing religious studies to become a pastor.

I generally work 8 1/2 hours a day for 4 days and 6 hours on the fifth day.  This still allows me to enjoy my evenings and have that extra couple hours tacked onto my weekend.  I'm considering working 9 hours a day for 4days and 4 hours on Friday's.  That would be nice to get off at 1130 on Friday's.  Whatever, I just need to get in 40 hours.

Mom didn't mention the word hereditary, she just mentioned that her and Grandma both watch the clock a lot, but she said for the time you're in the office you have to think like Dad who is not a clock watcher.

I enjoy this job very much.  It's too early to say this is my dream job, but it's definitely something I enjoy and can see myself doing as a career.

The timing is not there to work overseas, even as much as I would enjoy doing so.  Maybe someday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1914 on: September 11, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »

Good Thursday Evening! Oh my goodness today was a beautiful day!! I had a headache throughout the day (still have it), but I was really encouraged today. He is appearing to become more confident in me and is starting to place a little more responsibility on me. So far, so good!! The 30-day evaluation is old news. I know it is still a factor and still at play here, but the past two days gives me a lot of encouragement of being able to stay put in this job. I'm not cocky right now, but I'm growing more and more confident. Tonight is Thursday Night Football on CBS and then tomorrow is moving day. I will probably work up until Noon tomorrow and then pack up my computer and printer and get them ready to transport to the new office. It will be a fun day. I still don't know when I'll get out of there tomorrow. The plan is 1600, but it could be earlier if we get everything packed up in time. When I do get out of there, I am going to go on down to my parents' and spend the night with them tomorrow night.  I will be back before 2100 Saturday night.

Two days is old news?  Instead of just watching TV all night, why don't you put some of this momentum of doing a good job to practicing CAD?

As for correcting the mistakes of others, you were absolutely in the right, as long as you did it tactfully.  There's nothing good about staying silent about someone else's mistake when you're taking over that project, because it could come back to look like (and be blamed as) your mistake.  That being said, make sure you're staying humble about this.  It's one thing to be helpful and humble in your corrections, but nobody likes being corrected by a random new guy who they know the boss doesn't think is doing a great job who thinks he's having a great day so he decides to critique everyone.

two days is not old news, but I'm just not letting the negative get to me.  I'm focused one day at a time.

Again, I only addressed it to my supervisor, not to the ones who made the mistakes.  Nobody knows my evaluation except my boss and the owner.  One of the people who made an error no longer works there, so he willnever know.  Nobody will know that I pointed out their mistake, because it was really correctable by merely re-adding some weights.  It took me all of 5 minutes to correct the errors.  So, maybe a total of 10 minutes elapsed between discovery of the errors and the correction of the errors.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1915 on: September 11, 2014, 09:20:29 PM »

...wait, did you get someone fired?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1916 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:55 PM »

At the end of the day, my boss was teaching me a new concept that I was doing as part of the added responsibility and while it took me a little longer to grasp what he was talking about as we were flipping back and forth between tthree or four different drawings,  I finally did figure out what he was taking about and spent the last 45 minutes putting those into my drawings.  I will work on that again in the morning.  He did say if I have questions do not be afraid to ask.  He would rather me ask to many questions than submit a drawing with a boat load of errors.  He just wants me to learn with each question I ask and not ask the same questions over and over.

With this added responsibility, he told me that this is a test to see if he can rely on me to do what he says in full whenever he asks me to do this particular task, 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1917 on: September 11, 2014, 09:22:43 PM »

no, this error was made over a year ago and he left the company long before I showed up.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1918 on: September 11, 2014, 09:27:58 PM »

No, I meant what I said.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #1919 on: September 11, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »

I think it's fine if Bushie finds and presents mistakes in a professional manner. It's certainly important in his field to be precise.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1920 on: September 12, 2014, 09:27:28 AM »

No good morning post? Ominous.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1921 on: September 12, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »

RIP job : (
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1922 on: September 12, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »

RIP CAD job?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1923 on: September 12, 2014, 01:26:30 PM »

He probably just woke up late and didn't have time to post. Give him a break... it's like you guys want to see him fail.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1924 on: September 12, 2014, 02:21:46 PM »

He probably just woke up late and didn't have time to post. Give him a break... it's like you guys want to see him fail.

God damn you are so humorless. 
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies