Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:34:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 171045 times)
Potus
Potus2036

« on: July 27, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »

You know what guys, I don't have to listen to this crap anymore.  I'm going back to politics for a while.

I tell you what, Rockefeller -- since you've got such a great head on your shoulders, show us all how it's done. I mean, that's what you've been doing for years, right? Teaching each and every one of us here how to be successful. You've conquered obesity, pull in six figures a year, landed your dream girl and set your family on a path toward comfortable retirement. Right? RIGHT?

Jeff, we're the ones who put up with crap. Your crap. Your ridiculous mockery of a normal life. And some of us put time and effort into legitimately trying to help your worthless butt, only to have our advice rejected over and over again because you think you're smarter than everyone in the room. How's that working out for you?

You actually had a reasonable plan -- to keep your current job while looking for a new one, but for some reason, you've given up YET AGAIN. And doing so makes no sense. It's like you pick the absolute most-illogical path forward and take it in spite of the common sense and experience of others screaming otherwise.

Since you're a hotshot salesman now and hotshot salesmen like to take risks, I'll make you a bet, Jeff. I'm employed more than full time, since I'm on a corporate executive team. I'm in the middle of a move and am trying to manage the sale of a house. I have a long-term relationship, family and friends that I try to put above my own leisure time. In other words, I have a life.

I'll keep doing that life, and also apply for entry level jobs in Tulsa. S[hit] jobs like entry-level accounting and things like that. CADD jobs, even. I'm totally not qualified. I don't even live there, so there's no way I could do an on-site interview. Hell, I can't even get back to potential employers in a reasonable amount of time, because of the whole managing-a-life thing.

So here's the bet -- you keep your job now and do what you told us you'd do: apply for other things. And if you find something and land a better spot before I do, I'll buy you a month's worth of personal training / nutritional guidance / life coaching ... whatever we determine is best and most-achievable to you.

If I land a job in Tulsa before you, then you never post another inane and self-deluded rambling on this or any other site again. Because it's too goddamn frustrating when some of us have legitimately tried to help you to repeatedly see the same cycle of failure.

You know you're doing the wrong thing, and yet you pat yourself on the back for it.

I love how this just got glossed over and this is literally the best opportunity Bushie's had for a long time.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 01:57:40 AM »

I read about the new job, Bushie, and I legitimately cheered. Keep it up. This could be the big game changer. You're doing great.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies