Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170874 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: July 26, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »

Eraserhead, Forum Hero. Brava! 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »

I'm not sure it was mutual on your part but I'm sorry to hear this.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:04:53 PM »

This was pretty shocking news. I thought they just had a nice brunch at Dennys?

My guess is that Daddy Allison had a very frank conversation with Daughter Allison regarding her beau.

Yeah, that's my guess too. It didn't sound mutual.

He was professing his love yesterday like it was his wedding day. Something happened on Allison's side of town. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »

It's a relaxing Saturday evening in progress. I've got one more baseball game to watch tonight - Cleveland Indians vs. Kansas City Royals. I will do my laundry after the game is over at 21:00 with the hopes of being in bed by 00:00. I will be going back to Lynn Lane Baptist Church tomorrow morning with Sunday School at 9:15 and the Morning Worship Service at 10:30. I am planning a Walmart run for tomorrow afternoon after church. I'm also getting excited about going back to work on Monday for Week 4!!

It's like she never even existed...

My exact thoughts. Cold.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »

It is very hard to believe that Oklahoma City Public Schools open their 2014-2015 school year one week from Monday on August 4, 2014.  Tulsa Public Elementary Schools start on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 while the middle and high schools begin on Wednesday, August 20, 2014.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 will mark one year since I started CAD at Metro Technology Centers South Bryant Campus.

And a year later no proof of graduation exists.  Ugh
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 05:22:49 AM »

The fitness pal app us bunk. Remember several seasons ago when Our Dear Friend tried to figure out how to trick a walking distance app by driving? 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »

You got fired from a sh**thole job?  Ugh. You

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:51 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2014, 08:09:07 AM by Grumps »

Sadly Our Dear Friend thinks his cushion of student loan money really is a cushion.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »

I still think there was a good possibility he was getting fired and just pre-empted it with some stupid excuse, like this one.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

I don't know anything about call centers, but I'm guessing that they only request 3 days notice because the drones are so extremely replaceable and because people who have already given their notice perform badly on the phones. It makes a lot of sense. In any case, I'm still of the opinion that Bushie should get a job in a grocery store, ideally in eastern Oklahoma County so he can live either with Grandma Bushie or in the Train Room. It's a fairly easy job to get and, ideally, will encourage him to learn something about food other than how to shove it into his face. He's not alone in his complete cluelessness. Both my parents are the exact same way. And, what a surprise, they're both also obese, though neither one, thankfully, is at Bushie's (barely) morbid level. I think that Bushie's refusal even to consider such a job is a reflection of the stigma that American society holds for such workers. As if it's better to hold out for a professional career that is never going to materialize than accept menial labor. Ok, so stocking shelves isn't anybody's dream job. So what? Even at minimum wage, if he could keep this job longer than a few weeks, which is possible as many groceries are unionized, he'd be much better off financially than continuing with the on again off again call center roller coaster.

Nice rant, but he can't stand on his feet for more than an hour at a time......if that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 10:39:03 AM »

Submitted for your approval, two men, J-Mann and Inks, lead a ring of posters who try to give advice to a man trying to improve his own life. Little do they realize that not only is the advice they give ignored, they have been repeating themselves in an endless cycle for years. Little do these men realize, they have not logged onto just any internet forum, they have logged on permanently to the Twilight Zone.

Even I couldn't dream of something this fucked up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »

Temp agency that does placement for call centers, of course.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 03:58:14 PM »

Disgusting, considering Papa's out there working 60+ at a challenging job, and he's taking care of the north 40 as well.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 06:47:45 PM »

I don't get it. Why did you quit your job at a call center to make more time to apply for a job at a call center?

Laziness. The inability to do (more than) one thing.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:53:29 PM »

You have no job and not a nickel to your name and you take a four hour nap?  Now I want to Lol my life away cheering as you fail. You've earned that at least. Carry on.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »

Stop feeling bad for Papa and Momma.  They're the two most financially inept people I've ever heard of. It's hard to believe they are real.  
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 07:42:36 PM »

^^^Bless you but duh
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »

Wow, over the span of this short season, I have been vilely insulted, called mentally ill, my parents have been insulted and reviled, my friends have been insulted and called mentally ill because they "don't see the real me."  I am not going to subject myself and the ones I love to this type of childish attacks.  You guys are completely pathetic.  You give no thought to how a person might feel.  You all seem to think you are 100% correct 100% of the time and that I am never correct.  You guys are just flat arrogant and wrong.  I have done nothing wrong and my parents and friends have done nothing wrong.

This ends the Update once and for all.

Wow, I only said your parents are financial morons. Which is factually correct.   Chill dude   
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »

So what's Bushie going to do if he lands a CADD job and finds out his supervisor smokes pot?

That's fine, as long as the black man isn't the prevalent race there.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »

A long time ago I suggested that he considered cleaning toilets. Does Tulsa have municipal toilets?

Sure, but standing and bending all day?  Neh.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 11:23:22 AM »

So you're absent again from your new full time job of finding a full time job.  Momma miight fire you.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »

Going on the forum on the first day of work. Classic.

And FB.   BUSHIE DO NOT POST ON FACEBOOK OR HERE FROM WORK........WORK.  UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE FIRED.

Thx.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 06:11:04 AM »

Does Allison know Bushie dumped her?  She's acting no differently on FB at all. Hmmmmm.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »

Does Allison know Bushie dumped her?  She's acting no differently on FB at all. Hmmmmm.

Good Tuesday Morning!  I am up and ready for Day 2.  No lingering effects from that Braum's Cheeseburger I had for supper yesterday.  Tonight will likely feature baseball as my main TV option.

Yeah, she doesn't know she's dumped. Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »

I think Allison knows. Bushie did announce it publicly on his Facebook. But I think it's pretty certain that she dumped him this time around.

Wonderful point.  I forgot he was professing his love like a new husband when she canned him.  Good memory.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies