Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:41:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170859 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: July 26, 2014, 05:03:16 PM »

I know it's not our business, but you don't ask for her hand in marriage and then have a mutual break up a few weeks later without some superseding cause.

Yeah, something happened. He was quiet about it last time until prodded and then told us that he dumped her over a misunderstanding. Things seem different this time, but it's probably a weird reason. Ultimately, it's probably for the best. Bushie can't support a family; he can't even support himself.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:20:15 PM »

there is a chance that maybe bushie just wasnt that into allison?

He writes "As a matter of fact, I brought it up to her at 13:00 today and she agreed to it."

So yeah, he dumped her, just like last time.

Any time he avoids an issue like this, it's usually because he knows he's severely in the wrong.  If he at least has a justification for what he did, he'll engage in debate, but when he repeatedly ignores questions, it's usually a sign that he did something worse than normal.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »

there is a chance that maybe bushie just wasnt that into allison?

He writes "As a matter of fact, I brought it up to her at 13:00 today and she agreed to it."

So yeah, he dumped her, just like last time.

Any time he avoids an issue like this, it's usually because he knows he's severely in the wrong.  If he at least has a justification for what he did, he'll engage in debate, but when he repeatedly ignores questions, it's usually a sign that he did something worse than normal.

But, I haven't avoided the questions today.  So, you cannot accuse me of being in the wrong here when you don't know the whole story.  You cannot always assume I'm wrong.

Jeff, you know what I mean. You answered the question of whether you'd bought her a ring yet. That's not the point of all this. You're ignoring substantive questions about the breakup--mainly, why did you decide to bring it up?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 09:54:30 PM »

And what was her reason for being about done? For a couple who was almost engaged twice, this is not normal behavior... you do realize that, right?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 01:11:02 AM »

Oh, and I guess I should provide the first weight check of Season XVI.  I have now lost 6 pounds since July 13.  I have dropped from 292 to 286.  I continue to watch my calories and try to stay within 2,300 calories each day.

There is no reason you should be eating any more than 2,000 a day.

I use the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone to track my weight and food intake and it says to lose a pound a week, I need to stay under 2,300.  There are days I do stay under 2,000, maybe 2,100.  Today, I had just under 2,500 just because I had a big breakfast.  I had a light dinner tonight, so I tried to salvage what I could in my diet.

So instead of discussing this with your doctor or a nutritionist, you're using an iPhone app. And when the iPhone app told you to stay under 2,300 calories a day, you went ahead and had 2,500. This is really going well. You had a big breakfast because you chose to have a big breakfast. If you hadn't done that, you wouldn't have gone over your limit and had to "salvage" at the end of the day.

Did you not read anything else I said?  It was just one day.  Most days I'm well under 2,300.  You have no right to attack me over one day that wasn't that far over.

If you were well under 2,300 calories per day, you wouldn't be encroaching on 300 lbs.

And what was her reason for being about done? For a couple who was almost engaged twice, this is not normal behavior... you do realize that, right?

You do realize is not normal to continually interrogate a fellow man about his breakup when it's none of your damn business, right?

Jeff, if you don't want to discuss your private life, then stop discussing your private life.  You could end Update by choosing to just not post about your life, yet you choose not to.

Now you're getting all sassy and pissed off--another sign that you know you're wrong.  So let's skip all the BS that usually goes on over the next two days where you claim you did nothing wrong and the forum asks you questions and you eventually admit that you did something really stupid and just skip to the part where you tell us what you did.

This sounds basically like the last time you dumped her: you misread some cues, so you brought up the breakup topic, and then you claimed the whole thing was mutual.

I truly hope it was mutual (or that she dumped you), but if you overreacted and dumped her, then for her own sake, you shouldn't try to get back together this time.  You're toying with the poor woman's heart because you won't seek the mental help that you need.  It's one thing to hurt yourself with your stubbornness, but now you're hurting more and more people, and it's just sad.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »

This job is just not worth it hindering me in my job search.

This job is not hindering you in your job search.  Here's what's hindering you in your job search:

It's a relaxing Saturday evening in progress. I've got one more baseball game to watch tonight - Cleveland Indians vs. Kansas City Royals. I will do my laundry after the game is over at 21:00 with the hopes of being in bed by 00:00. I will be going back to Lynn Lane Baptist Church tomorrow morning with Sunday School at 9:15 and the Morning Worship Service at 10:30. I am planning a Walmart run for tomorrow afternoon after church. I'm also getting excited about going back to work on Monday for Week 4!!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now, I am NOT (I repeat, NOT) saying that you have to give up all fun and focus all of your free time on finding a job, but to put the blame on why you can't find a job on your current job is just ludicrous.

You, as usual, did a complete turnaround.  We all predicted that you'd quit or get fired, and as usual, you got pissed off and started telling us not to doubt you and that this time would be different.  Heck, days ago you were saying this:

And now, like so many times before, you're prematurely throwing in the towel and becoming 100% dependent on your parents.  You're not cutting your spending habits significantly.  How can they still afford to support your lifestyle and all of your debt?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »

Gee whiz, guys, calm down and take a chill pill.  I'm only doing this after consulting with my parents and letting her take stock of her financial situation.  I'm alright, and hopefully, I will get a better job soon.  Only I know all the intricacies of my situation.  You guys are free to have your opinions and voice them, but I know what I'm doing.  This may come as a surprise, but I do have a strong head on my shoulders and I am very cognizant of what's going on around me.

No, Jeff, you don't know what you're doing.  People who know what they're doing aren't tens of thousands of dollars in debt yet refuse to keep a job (unless something illegal or highly unethical was going on).  If you were cognizant of what's going on, you wouldn't be 31 and broke, 100% dependent on your parents.

Wake up, man.  Your parents, while their intentions may be good, aren't giving you good advice.  They're enablers, and it's going to pass your financial ruin on to them, which will result in you having no cushion to rely on if a true emergency (as opposed to simply your need for Braum's and needless trips to "scout" jobs) ever arises.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 03:21:54 PM »

Bushie what did you today after refusing free money?

Get on craigslist, www.indeed.com, and www.simplyhired.com looking for jobs.  I did take a nap today, of course, but I've spent most of the rest of the day looking for jobs.

"Of course"? It's pretty clear you're content with being unemployed when daily naps are what you consider your status quo.

And if you had time to nap, does this mean they booted you off the premises?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »

Jeff, why do you refuse to see a mental health professional?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »

Just like that, I've scored my first interview tomorrow at 13:30.

Where?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »

So if you won't PM anybody, how do you know this interview isn't a scam? You didn't with the USPS stuff.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 04:54:20 PM »

I don't get it. Why did you quit your job at a call center to make more time to apply for a job at a call center?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 05:30:20 PM »

Jeff, what is the harm in seeing a mental health professional? If you're truly fine, as you insist, the doctor will simply confirm this. How could that possibly be a bad thing?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »

Jeff, what is the harm in seeing a mental health professional? If you're truly fine, as you insist, the doctor will simply confirm this. How could that possibly be a bad thing?

It's just the cost, effort, and time to muster up the energy and courage to contact a mhp.  I know I am not mentally ill, as everybody who sees me in real life would vouch for, so I think it would be a total waste of said cost, time, and effort.

I'll cover the co-pay for you. That takes care of the cost. The effort is minimal. As for the time, it'll take 5 minutes to make an appointment and maybe a total of 2 hours to drive there, see the doctor, and drive back. You have 2 hours of free time M-F, I assure you, especially now that you're unemployed.

The people who see you in real life don't know the real you, unless you're just as candid about your lying and gullibility with everyone you meet, which I highly doubt.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »

It's just the cost, effort, and time to muster up the energy and courage to contact a mhp.  I know I am not mentally ill, as everybody who sees me in real life would vouch for, so I think it would be a total waste of said cost, time, and effort.

I'll cover the co-pay for you. That takes care of the cost. The effort is minimal. As for the time, it'll take 5 minutes to make an appointment and maybe a total of 2 hours to drive there, see the doctor, and drive back. You have 2 hours of free time M-F, I assure you, especially now that you're unemployed.

The people who see you in real life don't know the real you, unless you're just as candid about your lying and gullibility with everyone you meet, which I highly doubt.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks.  I'm not mentally ill as some on this forum seem to suggest.  I'm different, yes, but I'm not sick.

How can you know this? You're not a doctor. Even when you've been confident about other things, it's been revealed you're dead wrong. So how can you know if you have no training in the field?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »

Even if you won't see a doctor, humor me and take this test. It's nothing like seeing a doctor, but it could help. Answer it all honestly. If you don't, it only shows that subconsciously (or even consciously) you really do need help: http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=3040
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »

Craigslist? Called you within 20 minutes? Hired on the spot? You can't be serious.

Yeah, Jeff, this sounds like you've fallen for another scam.  For your own sake, you should PM some of the trustworthy people with the information about this company.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 09:14:34 PM »

Craigslist? Called you within 20 minutes? Hired on the spot? You can't be serious.

Yeah, Jeff, this sounds like you've fallen for another scam.  For your own sake, you should PM some of the trustworthy people with the information about this company.

Inks, you bastard.  Stop being such a negative.  What does your typical scam have to do with CAD work?  What use does an MLM or lead-generation scheme have with drawings and drafts?

Two weeks ago if you would've asked me if I though there were scams out there for job applications for the Postal Service, I wouldn't have though they were as prevalent as they apparently are.  Your typical employer doesn't use Craigslist as their recruiting service.  Nobody said anything about MLM schemes.  There are plenty of other ways to scam people.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 10:23:13 PM »

From what I can tell, the company looks to be legitimate.

Jeff, I'd urge you not to blow this chance.  There should be no reason that you miss work.  Headache... work through it.  Stomachache... work through it.  Walking pneumonia... work through it.  And don't give the typical, "I know guys.  You don't have to tell me.  This time will be different." BS... just do it.  Enough talk; you've got a job.  Now prove yourself.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 11:18:12 PM »

I already know what desk I will be working from.  It is the same desk that I interviewed at this afternoon.  The desk area looks big enough to bring in a bottle of Excedrin for my headaches and a bottle of Aleve for backaches and Tums for stomachaches.  I will also have Excedrin in the center console of my car, and of course, I have all three of those at home.  There should be no reason I should have to miss when I've got the medicine at all three locations to sustain me.  If I get a headache overnight, I will take Excedrin before I leave. If I get one at 10:00 am, I will take some Excedrin at work.  Same goes with backaches and stomachaches.  I'm not about to let a little ailment get to me.  I don't have to text Allison every night now, so I can go to bed whenever I want, so there will be no excuse for not getting enough sleep.

Sheesh... how much of that stuff are you taking?  All of that pain killer isn't good for your liver.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 11:48:23 PM »

Have you not considered that your diet is in fact causing your headaches and stomach upsets?

The headaches are part diet, mostly genetic.  The stomachaches are diet.

So fix your diet!  Dude... you're killing your liver taking all of this stuff (not so much the Tums, but that could make you constipated), and it's so avoidable.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 12:05:59 AM »

Have you not considered that your diet is in fact causing your headaches and stomach upsets?

The headaches are part diet, mostly genetic.  The stomachaches are diet.

So fix your diet!  Dude... you're killing your liver taking all of this stuff (not so much the Tums, but that could make you constipated), and it's so avoidable.

Ugh!  You right-wingers.

Bushie has lived off a diet of grilled hamburgers, E & B, M & C, (quick note, I've never seen eggs and bacon/mac and cheese shortened to JUST an acronym... another incredible Update-ism), and enchilada casserole for his entire life.  He's not going to just drop it all and start nibbling on radishes, bub.  

Uh, bub, you're the first person to mention radishes. I'm not saying he has to become a health nut, but if he went from eating burgers twice a week to once a month, that'd be a big step in the right direction. Cut the strawman crap... you're supposed to be maturer than that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 05:45:38 PM »

You paid $57 for something available for free. That's a scam.

The application is free, but I doubt the test prep book is available for free.

I doubt the prep book is worth $57.  I found one on Amazon for like $8.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 12:36:46 AM »

I'm home from a really good day. I am starting to pick things up better and my supervisor is pleased so far. He's a little hard on me just because he wants to make me think and learn quick. Tonight, I am going to watch the Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees on MLB Network, then get my shower and read my Bible after the game then go to bed right after the 22:00 news. I am looking forward to Day 3 beginning in about 14 hours from right now!!

How is he hard on you?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »

If only we had the technology to view traffic data in real time, from our desks to the palms of our hands.

If he already got stuck in the traffic, he may not have been able to avoid it. Going to Lansing one time this happened to me, and it took me over an hour to get to the next exit. It's not good to be late the first week, but this one doesn't seem like something to criticize him about.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies