Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:53:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170963 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« on: July 26, 2014, 06:36:14 AM »

Love it
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »

sorry to hear about the breakup Bushie, was it you or her

ps first merch is out

I will take 7
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:47:18 PM »

Oh, and I guess I should provide the first weight check of Season XVI.  I have now lost 6 pounds since July 13.  I have dropped from 292 to 286.  I continue to watch my calories and try to stay within 2,300 calories each day.

Show us thee scale
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:43:02 AM »

Oh, and I guess I should provide the first weight check of Season XVI.  I have now lost 6 pounds since July 13.  I have dropped from 292 to 286.  I continue to watch my calories and try to stay within 2,300 calories each day.

There is no reason you should be eating any more than 2,000 a day.

I use the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone to track my weight and food intake and it says to lose a pound a week, I need to stay under 2,300.  There are days I do stay under 2,000, maybe 2,100.  Today, I had just under 2,500 just because I had a big breakfast.  I had a light dinner tonight, so I tried to salvage what I could in my diet.

BTW Jeffie, that is wrong. For someone who had a nutritionist help me out, I went more hardcore and my calorie intake is between 1300-1600 a day. For someone as...sturdy.. as yourself, you should be having about 1900 a day, especially since you do no physical activities.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 07:46:29 AM »

I told her I needed to focus on establishing myself in this job and she said she needed to focus on her health.

She broke up with you because you were getting fatter and she was getting slimmer?

I promise you there was nothing "slim" about that woman, aside from her chances of keeping both feet past age 40.

....this is hands down the best thing I've heard in forever...make love to me?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:03:46 AM »

I told her I needed to focus on establishing myself in this job and she said she needed to focus on her health.

She broke up with you because you were getting fatter and she was getting slimmer?

I promise you there was nothing "slim" about that woman, aside from her chances of keeping both feet past age 40.

Heard?  So I'm not the only one who listens to the audiobook version of Update (narrated by Benedict Cumberpatch)?

Oh dear lord, no...I got the limited collectors edition Harvey Fierstein narration.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »

Heard?  So I'm not the only one who listens to the audiobook version of Update (narrated by Benedict Cumberpatch)?

Oh dear lord, no...I got the limited collectors edition Harvey Fierstein narration.

Jeff's posts are significantly better when read in Droopy's voice. The ones where he's stubbornly adamant that he's right when he's so very clearly wrong ("I did have an extra cheeseburger, but I've been doing well on my diet and deserve to treat myself once in a while.") are the best.

a/s/l?

Damnit!! Now I'm going to have to read all of his posts as Droopy!

....31/M/TX
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »

Here's an update for you:  After talking to Mom and Dad just now, I'm going to turn in my 3 days' notice first thing tomorrow and get started looking for a job full time.  This job is just not worth it hindering me in my job search.  They'll continue to support me in the mean time.  I am going to look primarily for non-call center jobs, but I'm going to keep my options open.  I'm going to go to church this evening here in a few minutes and then watch Big Brother, then I'll start the job search just after 20:00 tonight.

So...Your lady left you because you got fired? Well.. now we know the story. Thanks Jeffie!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 06:51:25 AM »

LOL, what a loser
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 07:52:04 PM »

RIP MOMMA BUSHIE RETIREMENT
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 08:33:13 PM »

Wow, over the span of this short season, I have been vilely insulted, called mentally ill, my parents have been insulted and reviled, my friends have been insulted and called mentally ill because they "don't see the real me."  I am not going to subject myself and the ones I love to this type of childish attacks.  You guys are completely pathetic.  You give no thought to how a person might feel.  You all seem to think you are 100% correct 100% of the time and that I am never correct.  You guys are just flat arrogant and wrong.  I have done nothing wrong and my parents and friends have done nothing wrong.

This ends the Update once and for all.

You have done everything wrong..EVERYTHING. The update isn't over, you'll come back like you always do. I'd like to say one of these day's you will find good advise out there and follow it, but you wont. You will continue the train wreck and go from one crappy job to another, and continue to fall on your parents for support, and push them further into debt. It's pathetic that you don't see that, when EVERYONE else does.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »

Let me pop in here again and say that I'm not mad at anybody here.  Smash did a good job in calming me down via PM.  I'm naturally not going to discuss what he said to me, but he did a good job of calming me down.

The fact is everybody here has made mistakes, both on my end and on the advice-giving.  You all expect me to fess up which is hard to do, and I expect you to fess up from time to time which is hard to do.  We're pretty much a bunch of hard-headed and somewhat egotistical men that make mistakes.

Let's drop the mental issue for now, if we may.  I'm simply not going to do it.  You can imagine the stigma when you tell your family and friends you are seeking help because an internet forum told you to.  They would tell you you've lost your mind, completely.

On the employment issue.  The object right now is to get a paycheck, even if that is customer service.  I have pretty much decided against the interview I had scheduled for tomorrow.  J-Mann and Smash did a good job of that, as well, because of the majority sales aspect.  However, there is another call center that I am going to look at tomorrow.  This is with a big-name company.  It's likely a job where I will be hired on the spot, but I think it will have more structure, which was my biggest reason for leaving the job I was at.  I firmly believe that I can do well in call centers if I just put my mind to it.  The calls no longer frighten me as they once did.  I can fix my attendance issues with a little hard work and dedication.  Again, my goal is to make this unemployment a very short one.  I do not want to drag this out any longer than it has to.  I know I have just given you the definition of insanity, but I've got to do what I think is best for me, even if that is an unconventional approach.  The possibility exists that I may fail yet again.  I realize that.  I still think, though, there is merit to the strategy that my parents and I are deploying.

So the object is to get a paycheck (which you were just getting) and you are going to look at a call center (which you just quit one)....

So....did you get fired?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 06:25:24 AM »

A thought that occurred to me is that a pizza or Jimmy John's delivery job might be decent for Bushie. You can work part time with very flexible hours so he can't use the excuse of having to look for other jobs, it's mostly driving, and even he can walk up carrying that to someone's doorstep. And while the pay isn't great they can make good money with tips, my brother working at Jimmy John's delivery is probably making more than Bushie did at his last call center job with his tips included. And I don't know if Tulsa is the same but in Minneapolis many have the only qualification that you have a car and a driver's license.

The issue there is still interaction with customers.

Meh, who ever really interacts with their pizza delivery guy?

A lot of people... at least according to the movies I've seen.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 07:12:38 PM »

According to www.manta.com my company has been in business since 1970 and employs 10-19 people.

LOL. Well.. that took me all of 3 minutes to find out the company name.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 06:09:50 PM »

Tomorrow begins Month 5 for me in Tulsa.  I can't believe I've been here for 1/3 of a year already.  I look forward to many more months and years in T-Town!!

BTW, nobody in Tulsa refers to Tulsa as T-Town..nobody..
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 11:19:33 AM »

Hey, guys, I am nearing the 10 pound weight loss mark.  I've lost officially 9.4 lbs coming in at 283.6.

Show us the scale
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 06:35:51 AM »

Perhaps Jeffie Jeff Jeff could play bowling? I feel like that would be a terrific sport for him. I mean.. come on..between turns he can eat nachos. How is this not built for him?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »

Week 4 was by far the best week of my career so far.  Very few things went wrong and I showed tremendous progress.  I can tell my boss is pleased because his demeanor is changing.  He is starting to become comfortable with me taking on more difficult and more involved projects.  The first month is unofficially over and I have made a lot of progress in the 20 days that I have been there.  I'm looking forward to what month 2 will bring.  Right now, though, I have a 3-day weekend ahead of me and I am going to take it easy and watch a lot of football.  I counted it up and I will be watching 10 football games and 2 baseball games between tonight and Monday night.  It all starts in 45 minutes at 1800.

So no thoughts on my post?  I know that things are going great with the job, but there are other positive steps you can make in life, and positives tend to feed into each other.  You should use the job success as a motivator to make other good changes. 

I have made changes.  I am losing weight, on average of about a pound or two a week.  I'm not worried about it.

Show us the scale
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »

Week 4 was by far the best week of my career so far.  Very few things went wrong and I showed tremendous progress.  I can tell my boss is pleased because his demeanor is changing.  He is starting to become comfortable with me taking on more difficult and more involved projects.  The first month is unofficially over and I have made a lot of progress in the 20 days that I have been there.  I'm looking forward to what month 2 will bring.  Right now, though, I have a 3-day weekend ahead of me and I am going to take it easy and watch a lot of football.  I counted it up and I will be watching 10 football games and 2 baseball games between tonight and Monday night.  It all starts in 45 minutes at 1800.

So no thoughts on my post?  I know that things are going great with the job, but there are other positive steps you can make in life, and positives tend to feed into each other.  You should use the job success as a motivator to make other good changes.  

I have made changes.  I am losing weight, on average of about a pound or two a week.  I'm not worried about it.

Show us the scale

No

Afraid we will know the truth?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »

You have.. several times in past seasons.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 01:39:53 PM »

You've been "making changes" for years, brah. You've just gotten more sturdy
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 02:35:04 PM »

Yeah, your watching TV all the time will cause it. Hell we were in bed till like 3 yesterday afternoon (not my choice) and I felt like crap.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 03:02:57 PM »

I only have 1100 calories left today so I can't afford much.

1100 = can't afford much is because you only eat garbage.

An 8 oz sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli from Texas Roadhouse clocks in at 920 calories. But a las, even that is too healthy for you. You'd rather have "few ham sandwiches" for  1100 calories that leave you completely unsatisfied and still be hungry afterwards and have to go get some ice cream to fill your stomach.

LULZ! My cal intake is like 1200-1500 a day. You can have so much on that.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 07:03:47 PM »

Show us the scale if you're really losing weight. Because I've been busting my ass to lose theses 80lbs. I eat right, and work out. If eating several salt filled ham and cheese sandwiches on sugar loafs.. i mean.. white bread is what it takes, sign me up!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 08:43:59 AM »

Ugh, your diet is horrible. How the hell are you still alive? Do you understand the concept of good calories and bad calories? Eating 1500 calories of crap dorsnt help you lost weight. It helps you stay nice and fat. You have to eat good calories. Some fruit, lots of veggies and get old protein. Cut out the crap carbs, and replace them with somethin better.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies