Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:57:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170822 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 26, 2014, 07:01:48 AM »

*clap*
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:02:20 PM »

I told her I needed to focus on establishing myself in this job and she said she needed to focus on her health.

She broke up with you because you were getting fatter and she was getting slimmer?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »

I don't know Bushie's height, someone of his weight would likely need to eat over 3,000 calories per day to maintain current weight. He's probably not being honest in his count.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »

Here's an update for you:  After talking to Mom and Dad just now, I'm going to turn in my 3 days' notice first thing tomorrow and get started looking for a job full time.  This job is just not worth it hindering me in my job search.  They'll continue to support me in the mean time.  I am going to look primarily for non-call center jobs, but I'm going to keep my options open.  I'm going to go to church this evening here in a few minutes and then watch Big Brother, then I'll start the job search just after 20:00 tonight.

Bushie, AMERICA NEEDS TO KNOW: Who are you rooting for on Big Brother?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »

Not a bad pick.  I'm on Team Donny.  After him, I've got Jocasta and then Christine.

Oh man, I know you love pretty boys from New Jersey, Phil, but Cody is absolutely spineless. He looked like an absolute ***** for not putting up Caleb, just like he said he would. I could see Christine going far based on her alliances (and could even win if she flips just right), but I don't think Jocasta and Donny can last too much longer as pawns.

Personally, I like Nicole. She's not going to win, but I like her most as a person.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 05:56:45 PM »

Sleeping bag in the train room! Sleeping bag in the train room!

ALL ABOARD THE BUSHIE EXPRESS
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 02:04:10 AM »

A thought that occurred to me is that a pizza or Jimmy John's delivery job might be decent for Bushie. You can work part time with very flexible hours so he can't use the excuse of having to look for other jobs, it's mostly driving, and even he can walk up carrying that to someone's doorstep. And while the pay isn't great they can make good money with tips, my brother working at Jimmy John's delivery is probably making more than Bushie did at his last call center job with his tips included. And I don't know if Tulsa is the same but in Minneapolis many have the only qualification that you have a car and a driver's license.

The issue there is still interaction with customers.

Meh, who ever really interacts with their pizza delivery guy?

So far as the pizza delivery guy is concerned, way too many people.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:11:38 PM »

Bushie, I am not trying to "be negative" as you so often accuse people ITT of being, but why do you consistently and repeatedly seek out customer service jobs?

Realistically, they are the only types of employers that would hire someone with Bushie's work record.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 11:15:27 PM »

Oh god, it is so depressing to read Jeff's first post and to then know the road forward.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »

And then Poochie returned to his home planet, never to be heard from or seen again.

THE
END
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 04:11:40 PM »

Relevant: Understanding Chronic Pain's Link to Depression.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 04:11:37 PM »

I just checked my mail from the weekend and the postal service employment application and testing book did come in.  So, in that regards, the $57 I spent was not a scam.  Of course, that was now I've got this CAD job, so it's a moot point for now, but I did end up getting it.

It is a miracle that you found full-time employment. A miracle.

Pray your current employer doesn't do any kind of background check on you.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 08:21:53 PM »

Do you still like Christine?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 10:31:25 PM »

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 11:23:44 PM »

I'm guessing that they're talking about that Big Brother thing that Bushie seems to obsessively watch?

Yes. Big Brother, much like update, is a bizarre social experiment that you want to look away from, but can't.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 12:30:48 AM »

Who would watch a show filled with fat people? Most people on Big Brother are incredibly attractive and well built. Christine exists to fit the "nerdy girl" quota.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 05:24:15 PM »

My boss gets regular botox treatments for his headaches. From what I've heard, it's pretty effective.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »

Bushie have you considered botox injections for your headaches? I'm back in Texas and watching TV, and they have all these advertisements here that you don't see when you watch shows on your computer, and one of them is for botox injections for people with chronic headaches. The website is: botoxchronicmigraine.com.

I have not considered that, yet.  To me that's a last resort if they become completely uncontrollable.  They're not to that point, yet, thankfully.

Why is a legitimate medical treatment a "last resort" to you? You know it's not the same type of injections people get for cosmetic reasons, yes?

If you've been missing work due to your headaches, they're seriously impacting your life. You should talk to your doctor about them and get his opinion.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »

You guys don't even know the pure apathy that is Braum's marketing. They literally still run ads like this on the teevee, and their website looked like this... in 2012. Everything about the place is twenty years outdated.
How dare they. How dare Braum's spend 30 seconds extolling the tastiness of their peaches on ice cream, rather than showing 30 seconds of furred arteries and heart attack victims followed by a message of "Now come to Braum's! There's an indifference to coronary problems at Braum's you'll enjoy!"

Honestly, for all the free market talk in the US, there seems often to be a ludicrous degree of nanny-statism amongst individual Americans that's unreal. Braum's are gonna sell Braum's. It isn't for Braum's to sell the health effects; it's for every individual to take 2 seconds to think before they order the double cheeseburger for the seventh lunch that week "Hmm, I'm grotesquely fat; might this double cheeseburger make me fatter?"

Someone who eats daily at Braum's doesn't wind up 21 or 22 stone through the wickedness of capitalism - at least not in the modern media era where diet information is a fingertip away - they do so because of their own choices.

Braum's gonna sell cheeseburgers. Your solution doesn't lie in tying Braum's hands behind their backs, but in making fat slobs realise, as anyone with two braincells realises, nutritional value and weight loss lies elsewhere.

I think the point sailed way over your head. The commercial isn't notable because an ice cream store is promoting ice cream. It's notable because the production values of the commercial are piss poor. Everything about the commercial suggests it was made in the year 1990, from the tone of the announcer to the graphics and transitions used.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »

I'm home from dinner and I am in for the evening.  I am going to follow the challenge by King and abstain from fries and shakes for the month of September.  It should be really easy to do.  Like I said, I still may get an occasional frosty from Wendy's, like less than once a week, but I won't get a big malt.

You lasted the challenge for an entire two sentences. Congratulations, shortest bout of willpower yet.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »

this unanswered strawberry question is killing me
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 01:43:03 AM »

this unanswered strawberry question is killing me

He claims that he ate it, but he did not enjoy it.

Phew. Thank you for the info.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies