Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:49:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170990 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: July 26, 2014, 10:35:30 AM »

I'd be prepared to offer a qualified defense of the existence of Update in many ways, but this 'season', 'executive producer', 'treating it like an actual work of serialized fiction' thing has gotten really out of hand and really perverse.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »

I'd be prepared to offer a qualified defense of the existence of Update in many ways, but this 'season', 'executive producer', 'treating it like an actual work of serialized fiction' thing has gotten really out of hand and really perverse.

Well a lot of it has been nothing more than serialized fiction.

...fair point.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 04:11:59 AM »

As opposed to where?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 08:26:13 PM »

Seriously, Bushie, look into bariatric surgery. This can't go on indefinitely. Or maybe it can, but it shouldn't.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »

Procrastination on buying pots, pans, and other "cooking gear" is probably another reason he hasn't touched his oven/stove either.

The idea of a home not having pots and pans as a matter of course is perennially difficult to wrap my head around, but I just ate a dinner consisting almost entirely of asparagus and cucumber, so what do I know.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 06:41:31 PM »

I've got all the pots and pans I really need.  I don't have a lot of knives, which is a good thing as my Tourette's occasionally causes my arm to jerk and I have nearly lost a few fingers because of that.  On top of that, I am very clumsy, so everybody is safer when I don't have a sharp knife in my hand.  I have to use them occasionally, of course, but I try to use them as little as possible.  If I can use a butter knife for something, I will use a butter knife.  I realize that's not much, but you get my drift.

I see. That is a legitimate hindrance, but may I ask if you hold the things that you're cutting properly?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 06:58:47 PM »

I've got all the pots and pans I really need.  I don't have a lot of knives, which is a good thing as my Tourette's occasionally causes my arm to jerk and I have nearly lost a few fingers because of that.  On top of that, I am very clumsy, so everybody is safer when I don't have a sharp knife in my hand.  I have to use them occasionally, of course, but I try to use them as little as possible.  If I can use a butter knife for something, I will use a butter knife.  I realize that's not much, but you get my drift.

I see. That is a legitimate hindrance, but may I ask if you hold the things that you're cutting properly?

I think I am, but, to be honest, I'm not quite sure.

Do you curl your fingers to keep your fingertips out of the way of the knife?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »

I think I am, but, to be honest, I'm not quite sure.

Do you curl your fingers to keep your fingertips out of the way of the knife?

Yes

In that case, you know that it is possible to cook and eat well without having to chop everything, right? There are dishes that are entirely mixing.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »

I thought it was obvious that he does, but that he refuses to acknowledge it or seek treatment because that's Not Done in Oklahoma...?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »

What? So church is considered corporate worship all the time then?

Yes, although types of Protestantism other than Bushie's will often use less misleading/worrying adjectives, like 'common' or 'communal'.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 05:50:38 PM »

Don't say 'might'. Eat one.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »

Bushie, you should put some Green Giant Broccoli with Cheese Sauce in the microwave some time. Or maybe some Buttery Snap Peas.

I know, I know, you're considering it.

Considering I loathe broccoli, then its safe to say, I'm not even considering it.

I had that problem too until I learned how to do something with it besides just steaming it.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »

My stomach is kind of rumbling this morning, so I don't know if I'll be able to handle Mexican food for dinner.  I may have to go with the usual American food tonight.

I'm not sure that's much better.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »

Bushie, have you accepted that at some point you're just going to have to start horking down foods you don't like very much whether you want to or not if you want to stand even a remote chance of getting healthy again?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 04:19:27 PM »

Bushie, are you willing to drink apple or orange juice?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies