Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:31:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170833 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« on: July 28, 2014, 07:43:51 AM »
« edited: July 28, 2014, 07:57:22 AM by Nagas »

His life has been a tumbling failure for the past decade due to his irrational and erratic decisions. It's quite obvious he has some sort of undiagnosed mental condition(s) and addictions, and won't be able to lead a productive and stable life until he cures the roots of his problems.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »

Bushie, since you will have more free time, when will you see a mental health professional not associated with any kind of church?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »

So you're content on maintaining your unsuccessful status quo?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 06:43:14 AM »

Despite no job, massive loans, and your parents paying your bills, you have the audacity to try to swindle simple church folk to bankroll your African delusions?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 03:31:33 AM »

Where's the CAD(D) certificate?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 12:09:51 PM »

Pretty big decision on Allison's part. She's pretty much decided to be a spinster rather than get married and bring a Bushie Jr into this world.

God-forbid until he has held steady employment for 2+ years, loses 80 pounds, and has a partner that wasn't rushed into a marriage.

Although it would be an interesting addendum to the Update. Especially if Tiffany(e) and the pregnancy scare were the route cause.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »

If only we had the technology to view traffic data in real time, from our desks to the palms of our hands.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 05:56:13 PM »

bushie what is with you and inclement weather.  it always seems to throw a monkey wrench into your routine.

Surely you have bad traffic in Boston.  Everybody must agree that I did absolutely everything I was supposed to do.  I left on time, even a couple minutes early.  I cannot help it if a truck overturns on the highway backing up traffic.  That is completely out of my control.  I don't know why everyone is then blaming me for being late when it was 100% out of my control.

The truck turning over is not your fault, not planning accordingly for weather is though. Leaving at the same time (2 minutes is not significant) during heavy rain is asking to arrive late. You should check the weather ahead of time and plan accordingly. If there's inclement weather, plan to leave much earlier. Worst case scenario you arrive earlier to work and get to leave later if you put in the 8 hours itself.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:57 AM »

Board games + lots of wine = awesome.

Otherwise... bit sad.

It depends. If you're really intense when drinking it's a bit bizzare dealing with a person who gets very silly. It can be fun, but it can also be a pain.

But yes, drink and something like Apples to Apples is usually a winning combination.

Apples to Apples? Are you 12? Go get Cards Against Humanity and never look back.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »

While I understand that Bushie's history makes it almost necessary to question every detail, I feel like we're at the point where most of the things happening to him (not posting before work, moving on to a new project) are things that happen in a normal workplace with a normal person

Indeed.  Very concerned : (

There's nothing to be concerned about.  Every employee at some point doesn't have time to post on social media before going to work and the things I am doing at work are stuff everybody deals with.  I don't know why you're making a big deal out of every minor detail.

Because you lie about major details and try to pass them off as minor details. Only a fool would take everything you say at face value.

While I don't disagree with that, I can say something that is true - I am doing the best job I can taking care of this job.  It's time people start seeing my employment as that of a normal person.  Because you know what?  I am normal.  I am just like everyone else.  I am no better and no worse.

These are my favorite defensive-Bushie type of posts, where he insists that his actions and life aren't actually on the extreme of the bell curve.

Granted, he is making (or at least he appears to be) progress.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »

I left the house this morning on time and had everything I needed.  Or so I thought...  I realized when I was 2/3 of the way to work that I forgot something... My lunch...  I had to scramble and was only able to have snacks for lunch...  I suppose I should eat something a little more substantial and healthy tonight.

What do you normally eat for lunch, and what did you eat today?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »

I left the house this morning on time and had everything I needed.  Or so I thought...  I realized when I was 2/3 of the way to work that I forgot something... My lunch...  I had to scramble and was only able to have snacks for lunch...  I suppose I should eat something a little more substantial and healthy tonight.

What do you normally eat for lunch, and what did you eat today?

I usually have something very light.  I usually have either Ramen, a lunchable, or Dinty Moore Beef Stew, or something along those lines.  I know they're not the healthiest options, but they're quick that I can heat up and consume in under 30 minutes without rushing.  Today, I had to resort to snack machine cookies...

It's so easy to prepare healthier and sometimes cheaper meals though. You can make a salad on Sunday night that can last you for lunches the entire weak. Or you can buy cold-cut meat, lettuce, Dijon mustard, and bread to make nice sandwiches.

Let's get real here: if you really want to turn your health and weight around, a couple of half measures aren't going to make a difference. Every time you make a change, it's either so insignificant that it doesn't make a dent (soda to diet soda), or you compensate in some other unhealthy direction. The evidence is clear that gradualism and "I'm trying my best, for REAL thing time guys!" will not work. You need to make significant but realistic life-style changes that you follow through on: starting with 1-mi walks 4 days a week, protein shakes in the morning to healthily suppress your appetite, no more soda, no more Braums, no more golden corral. Your body and wallet will thank you six months from now.

If you want the headaches and chronic fatigue to stop you need to put control of your health into your own hands.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 10:37:38 AM »

Yeah I didn't realize he was 293 pounds. Goodness.

There was a graph of his weight over the course of the series posted a few weeks ago, although it may have been taken down.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »

Right, but it had an averaged weight curve which corrected for Bushie's water weight fluctuations.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 02:12:26 PM »

bushie needs to exercise.  he basically moves as little as possible.

what happened to his walking gear?

?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »

That's unfortunate, Chicken is the king of the common meats.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 02:43:24 PM »

I love how the writers have crafted Braums as a bit of a metaphor for Bushie's life: slow to change and still living like its the 1980s.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »

I really hope this goes well. Smiley I mean, how long was he working for ONG?

2 years iirc
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »

So, what should I do? Have nothing to drink the entire day?  That's not going to happen.  I have calculated it before, it is roughly 1/3, maybe 3/8.
OK, well that's a false dichotomy... Perhaps try drinking something free, like water.  And it doesn't even have to be exclusively water.  Why do water on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and have your pop on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Even if he agreed to such a scheme, he would just drastically raise his soda consumption on the allowed days. Any substantive efficacy requires going cold turkey, which he lacks the willpower to attempt.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »

this unanswered strawberry question is killing me

He claims that he ate it, but he did not enjoy it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies