NE2: Northeast Recognition Omnibus Amendment (On Governor's Desk) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:59:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE2: Northeast Recognition Omnibus Amendment (On Governor's Desk) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE2: Northeast Recognition Omnibus Amendment (On Governor's Desk)  (Read 1095 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: July 27, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »

Can I have a county?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »

I'm a simple man, so I won't demand a country. A year's supply of PBR and sirloin burgers shipped to my fishing boat in Cape Cod will suffice to secure my vote. Wink

Hahaha! Grin

Nah, I really don't care, guys (if you didn't already pick up on that).
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:47:08 AM »

Well I thank you chaps quite a bit for the honor. I do hope I didn't come off as a bit pompous, but if there is one thing that I am proud of in my time in Atlasia, it's starting the entire movement to create the Northeast Assembly and ensure it's success way back in 2009. Grin
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »

Is this necessary? I thought the court struck down the happy section of the bill, so the rest of the bill is automatically amended like this.

I suppose that's debatable. While the Happy section is, of course, invalid and unenforceable, it would not automatically be expunged from the text of the legislation. See, for example, American states continuing to maintain sodomy bans in their statute eleven years after they were ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies