NE2: Northeast Recognition Omnibus Amendment (On Governor's Desk) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:19:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE2: Northeast Recognition Omnibus Amendment (On Governor's Desk) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE2: Northeast Recognition Omnibus Amendment (On Governor's Desk)  (Read 1103 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« on: July 27, 2014, 07:35:56 PM »

I mean, how could you not love the harmony in the chorus of the song?

By listening to it.

Anywho, with regards to the amendment in question:

I believe that a ban on Happy is preferable. However, the court has phorced us to accept Happy, so I phigure the best solution is to establish November 21st (the day Happy came out IIRC) as a day of mourning. RIP to the millions of decibels wasted.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »

Is this necessary? I thought the court struck down the happy section of the bill, so the rest of the bill is automatically amended like this.

I suppose that's debatable. While the Happy section is, of course, invalid and unenforceable, it would not automatically be expunged from the text of the legislation. See, for example, American states continuing to maintain sodomy bans in their statute eleven years after they were ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

^

Naturally I have no objections to Barnes having a county, altho I'd prefer if we were to renumber the list, since I sorted it out by eras.

For instance:

Bullmoose/Andrew/Moderate - NLC era
Cinyc/Libertas/Han/Kal - Early assembly era
Scott/Nix/Winfield/Napoleon/Homely/Cinci - Northeast ConCon and end of the JCP era

The rest are post-dissolution. Of course, that being said Cynic and Earl should also probably be in the first era.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies