US Army to leave billions worth of equipment in Afghanistan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:52:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  US Army to leave billions worth of equipment in Afghanistan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US Army to leave billions worth of equipment in Afghanistan  (Read 617 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2014, 04:50:06 PM »

http://www.janes.com/article/41128/billions-worth-of-us-army-kit-to-remain-in-afghanistan-after-withdrawal

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »

Our efficient military-industrial complex at work.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »

The military-industrial complex gets more money, the Taliban gets a ton of new weapons, and we get out. I guess everyone really does win in this scenario....
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »

The military-industrial complex gets more money, the Taliban gets a ton of new weapons, and we get out. I guess everyone really does win in this scenario....

Did you read the article? Are the Taliban going to weaponize the air conditioners. If the shipping costs are greater than the value of bringing it back, this is a smart move.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:35:47 PM »

Did you read the article? Are the Taliban going to weaponize the air conditioners. If the shipping costs are greater than the value of bringing it back, this is a smart move.
I did, but I have seen other news reports that mention military hardware as well.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »

I did, but I have seen other news reports that mention military hardware as well.

We will probably give the Afghan army some gear on our way out like supply trucks and MRAPs.  Nothing that would really poses a threat to the US.  It is incredibly expensive to field an army and keep them supplied. There are no good ports or supply lines that make it worth our while to haul back a lot of this stuff.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 07:20:23 AM »

Facts can't stop recreational outrage.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies