Who will win Kansas's GOP Senate primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:32:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will win Kansas's GOP Senate primary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who you want to win / Who you think will win
Roberts/Roberts

Roberts/Wolf

Wolf/Roberts

Wolf/Wolf

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Who will win Kansas's GOP Senate primary?  (Read 674 times)
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »

Who will win in KS?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »

I'm not a particularly big fan of Roberts, but I think Wolf is an idiot, so Roberts gets my support. And he'll win, though it may be within 10.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:11:58 PM »

Roberts. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 01:36:40 AM »

Wolf/Roberts
Panda Express

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 01:48:56 AM »

I want Roberts to win. We already have a Wolf running in Pennsylvania. Adding yet another Wolf to the fray would just be incredibly confusing.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:13:08 AM »

I hope it's Wolf so Democrats have a better chance of winning this seat in 2020.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 10:49:09 AM »

Not particularly fond of Wolf, but he's at least better than Roberts. Wolf/Roberts
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 09:14:45 PM »

I'm not a particularly big fan of Roberts, but I think Wolf is an idiot, so Roberts gets my support. And he'll win, though it may be within 10.

This.
We really could do without President Obama's insane cousin in the US Senate.
Taylor would obviously have a disadvantage with it being Kansas and it being a federal election as opposed to a Governor election, but I wouldn't count the Democrat out if Wolf's the nominee. Republicans would still be forced to spend here if that is the case.

Wolf would definitely make the Senate.....interesting and personally, age is a factor in who I'd prefer to see win this primary. Even if Wolf did end up winning the general, then so be it because both Roberts and Wolf are conservative nutcases either way. However, the primary itself leans in Roberts favor, but an upset is possible.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:23 PM »

I hope it's Wolf so Democrats have a better chance of winning this seat in 2020.
Doesn't make much sense. Polling shows that Chad Taylor would beat Wolf - considering 2020 is an election year and there will be no Governor Brownback, the only chance a Democrat could win is if they are the incumbent or if Wolf is the incumbent Senator. Potentially a win-win for Democrats with Wolf as the nominee, if I'm being honest.

I voted for Pat Roberts and I feel reasonably confident he will win - there isn't the enthusiasm to kick him out like there was for Lugar two years ago.
NHLiberal

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 11:32:41 PM »

I voted for Pat Roberts and I feel reasonably confident he will win - there isn't the enthusiasm to kick him out like there was for Lugar two years ago.

Not so much that as there isn't the enthusiasm for Wolf that there was for Mourdock (though you live in the state; this is just my impression).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 01:19:23 AM »

Not so much that as there isn't the enthusiasm for Wolf that there was for Mourdock (though you live in the state; this is just my impression).
They go hand-in-hand. Mourdock had ran two statewide campaigns and had a base of voters/volunteers from the getgo. He also had a lot to run on - from Lugar's title as "Obama's Favorite Republican", his votes for liberal SC justices, supporting the Dream Act, along with residency issues and being in D.C. forever. In contrast, Wolf didn't have the name recognition/base to start off with, and he really only has Robert's long stint in D.C. to run on - not too many bad votes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies