The Political Tracker - The Same Love Act Poll (Results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:00:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Political Tracker - The Same Love Act Poll (Results)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of the Northeast Same Love Act?
Approve

Dissaprove

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: The Political Tracker - The Same Love Act Poll (Results)  (Read 3572 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:21 AM »
« edited: July 30, 2014, 11:50:28 PM by Senator Lumine »

The Northeast Same Love Act was passed in the Northeast with a 5-0 vote and it was signed by Gov. Talleyrand without many problems, but the act has been attacked by Winfield and a newspaper and I'm interested to know the position of Atlasia on this (I believe I will be making a lot of polls for the Political Tracker). I'm personally opposed to this as I find it terrible that incest could be legalized, but what do the voters think?

This is the bill, BTW:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:25:42 AM »

Strongly disapprove. They also legalized polygamy, which means by the NE's basis, a divorced father can marry his two daughters and two sons if he wanted to. It's sickening, but they definitely are the new land of the loony left, to say the least. Tongue
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:22:13 AM »

Approve (normal)

...they definitely are the new land of the loony left, to say the least. Tongue

Dude, you're from the Midwest xD
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 02:33:31 AM »

You can't compare those old claims of us supposedly making LGBT, immigrants and aliens a "superior class" to the Northeast's reforms. Just to name off some of the outlandish things passed up there: Legalizing hempfests and cultivation of marijuana on property, prohibiting regulations on e-cigs, banning K9 units for drug purposes, allowing public intoxication, allowing the use of alcohol and drugs in all public places, while doing some other questionable things like raising the speed limit or using taxpayer dollars to construct a statue for a freaking rapper.

It's worth mentioning to that most of those drug bills were proposed by dallasfan, who's selfishly trying to get his citizens to conform to his ideal society of unsafe streets and smoke-filled rooms everywhere you go. And now there's a bill that would legalize drinking for passengers in motor vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bill in the future that legalizes drunk driving. :/

So yeah, you guys have definitely earned the loony left title over us, now. Be happy! Tongue
WrathOfTheGods
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 4.70

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 03:12:02 AM »

I still can't see why people make such a big deal out of it.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 03:30:38 AM »

Incest and polygamy. Wow.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 08:03:49 AM »

How does this sh*t even get passed? Astounds me.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »

Strongly approve.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 10:36:04 AM »

You can't compare those old claims of us supposedly making LGBT, immigrants and aliens a "superior class" to the Northeast's reforms.

Indeed. None of the NE's reforms were that horrible.
Sounds good to me.
I would've thought you'd like a policy that would help fight cigarette addiction
You support animal slavery?
Why should public intoxication be illegal on its own?  If someone is intoxicated but isn't bothering anyone or causing any harm,  why should that be criminalized?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Nothing questionable about that
Wow it's like we're living in Nazi Germany

Wait, stop everything. You're telling me that a politician is trying to pass his agenda? That's a massive scandal right there.
Awesome!

Mah slippery slope
Nah, we still haven't made it illegal to arrest immigrants or fire LGBT employees.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 10:52:45 AM »

Strongly disapprove. They also legalized polygamy, which means by the NE's basis, a divorced father can marry his two daughters and two sons if he wanted to.
Good for him
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 11:16:24 AM »

I get squicked out by the idea of incest too. That said, I couldn't think of a legal reason to oppose the bill. That is to say, would it have been unconstitutional? The answer I came up with was no. So I voted for it. It's not as though the government is going to be able to prevent such relations from taking place anyway.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »

No.... Just no.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 12:17:21 AM »

The only way I can explain the total collapse of any common sense in the Northeast is that Dallasfan and his minions, yes men and toadies have the maturity of  12 year olds, the intelligence of toadstools, and the morals of a sleazy low life call girl.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 12:34:25 AM »

The only way I can explain the total collapse of any common sense in the Northeast is that Dallasfan and his minions, yes men and toadies have the maturity of  12 year olds, the intelligence of toadstools, and the morals of a sleazy low life call girl.

Hey now, some of us enjoy the company of sleazy low life call girls.....
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »

From a personal perspective... I don't support this Bill. But it is a personal conscience issue.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 02:12:33 AM »

Rich coming from someone who sees nothing wrong with sweatshops.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 09:30:47 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2014, 09:57:00 AM by DemPGH, President »

The N.E. this year is the antithesis of the Mideast last year.

I disapprove of that bill and would not have signed it as is. The reason is public health, plain and simple. But I realize I'm in the minority on that. I draw the line with polygamy, etc. I mean of course incest is positively disgusting, but it's a matter of public health.

And now there's a bill that would legalize drinking for passengers in motor vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bill in the future that legalizes drunk driving. :/

No, I could see one of the more fringe-y [social] libertarians making that argument (certainly the "anything goes" crowd).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 09:55:36 AM »

There's something about it that sort of disgusts me, but that doesn't make me care enough to vote no. Let people do what they want.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 10:44:45 AM »

How does this sh*t even get passed? Astounds me.

I don't know.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »

It's pretty pathetic that (aside from DemPGH's opposition to this on public health grounds) the vast majority of people oppose this because it's 'icky.' You would think that having a modicum of understanding of the real life effects of the state dictating which relationships are given official sanction would give those opposed at least some empathy for those denied the right to have their relationships recognized as such, but apparently not. I don't see why any number of people should not be allowed to enter into whatever relationship they wish to enter into, for any reason. I don't think that the state should be in the business of denying that right on the basis of the genders of the parties involved or on the basis of those people being blood relatives.

Surely the state has better things to do than crash the McPoyle family wedding.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »

What DempGH said.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »

It's pretty pathetic that (aside from DemPGH's opposition to this on public health grounds) the vast majority of people oppose this because it's 'icky.' You would think that having a modicum of understanding of the real life effects of the state dictating which relationships are given official sanction would give those opposed at least some empathy for those denied the right to have their relationships recognized as such, but apparently not. I don't see why any number of people should not be allowed to enter into whatever relationship they wish to enter into, for any reason. I don't think that the state should be in the business of denying that right on the basis of the genders of the parties involved or on the basis of those people being blood relatives.

I thought I'd never get to say this, but... I approve 100% with TNF on this one.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »

Yes... most people think that incest is vile precisely because of the danger to public health that it imposes. That, after all, is one of the primary reasons why incest is, in most jurisdictions, usually subject to some form of criminal penalty. Should we not feel disgusted by these 'relationships'? These 'relationships' which are found to produce tragically disabled offspring by a far greater amount than those in relationships with non-relatives? The state has an active interest in promoting public health, and cracking down on this type of thing certainly falls under that umbrella. So what if we also find it disgusting. We should find it disgusting.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 02:45:10 PM »

Approve.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 05:01:27 PM »

I disapprove of it for much the same reasons I disapproved of polygamy (I think the possibility of abuse is too high) but I can see why some people would support it.

Also, the idea that the northeast is the loony left is interesting, especially as that would require it being led by noted communists like dallasfan, deus and jomcar. It is true that it's very libertarian, though.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies