How the Democratic Party became a tool for Wall-Street (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:06:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How the Democratic Party became a tool for Wall-Street (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How the Democratic Party became a tool for Wall-Street  (Read 4376 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: July 27, 2014, 08:12:06 PM »

AD, who got more money from investment banks in 2012? Romney or Obama?
What does that have to do with anything? The existence of Wall Street Republicans precludes the existence of Wall Street Democrats?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:11:30 PM »

It's certainly much better than "take two tax cuts and a deregulation and talk to me in the morning".
What deregulation? Federal regulation increased significantly under Dubya.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »

This is another case where Americans are hurt by not knowing themselves. Because people hold onto the mythology of Infinite Opportunity, they don't see themselves as Poors, Working Classers, or even Richers. Everybody is Middle Class, floating around like an Oklahoman in the Update, convinced that one of these days things are going to work out if we just believe. Americans need a serious dose of realism. We're all busting our butts for peanuts, and things are not going to change until we make low prestige jobs worthwhile. It is not possible for everybody to be a doctor, a CEO, or a lottery winner.

I agree about improving the plight of workers who bust their asses at minimum wage jobs, but raising the minimum wage is the wrong solution, and its a lazy shift of responsibility from government to private companies, who simply fire Americans and move overseas.

Also, most of us are middle class working-stiffs by choice. Buy overpriced garbage. Give your income to creditors, rather than accumulating assets. Wouldn't be so horrible if the government didn't actively subsidize the permanent indebtedness of the people.

"I'm so concerned about the plight of minimum wage workers, I want them to bust their asses for even less money!"
So anyone who opposes a minimum wage does so because they hate workers? Great argument.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies