How the Democratic Party became a tool for Wall-Street (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:26:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How the Democratic Party became a tool for Wall-Street (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How the Democratic Party became a tool for Wall-Street  (Read 4409 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« on: August 04, 2014, 08:07:28 AM »

I'm seeing a lot of excuses for Democrats like "weak" and "inept." No, they know what they're doing.  Wall Street has paid both parties to play certain roles.  As a former Democrat, Wall Street has commissioned Repubs to play the crazy bad cop so that I might run into the safe grownup arms of the Democrats.  Meanwhile, it's the Democrats that actually legislate and execute Wall Streets every desire.  Wall Street had an interest in making sure Romney was Obie's "opponent" so as to once again set up the good cop/bad cop dynamic and suppress SoCon turnout in places like Ohio and Iowa.  Romney could be the obvious mean Monopoly Man, while Obie was the gentle community organizer - who, goshdarnit, was just too "weak" at times.

It also helps to have a base increasing of minorities and youngs who they know will not show up in midterms, to fulfill solid "obstructionist" Republican majorities that can then whine about in presidential years.

Of course, what did Dems do with their supermajorities?  Romneycare - and let's be clear that forcing people to buy junk plans doesn't actually mean they get care. A perpetuity to the financial services industry (QE) and loaning them our own money interest free on which we have to pay interest.  No help for underwater homeowners.  No help for the unemployed.

And if Obama really was the greatest orator of our time, he could've convinced the American people - who already support at supermajority levels according to most survey data - single-payer, a jobs program (which would've made the racialized welfare "outrage" moot), a government company that would've bailed out homeowners (like the one "bitter" "clinger" Hillary proposed after Wall Street left her for Obama).  Instead, we had the largest upward transfer of wealth in history.

And it's clear from PM scores that the Democratic Party really is just Goldman Sachs sponsoring Human Rights Campaign galas.  They're for kabuki "equality," not the real thing.  And in my estimation that doesn't make them any "less evil" than their "opponents" of whom I supposed to be terrified, mostly because of their words, judging by the Dembot spam that still floods my email.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies