Sabato August House races updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:45:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sabato August House races updates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sabato August House races updates  (Read 388 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2014, 09:13:06 AM »

Article.

Basically the point of the article is that, in post-Depression history, the GOP's high-water mark in the House was 246 (in 1946). They could surpass that if they get at least 2/3 of the competitive races.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:53:07 AM »

I understand almost everything, except MN-08. Nolan is a lazy campaigner or Mills is SO strong?
NHLiberal

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »

Agreed with these changes except MN-8. It's too bad Dems couldn't get stronger candidates in PA-6 and VA-10. I will be working on my House predictions today so I'll edit this later with my final tally.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 10:59:24 AM »

I understand almost everything, except MN-08. Nolan is a lazy campaigner or Mills is SO strong?

Mills actually outraised Nolan by almost $200K (!) last quarter. Roll Call had a piece recently on why Nolan could be vulnerable.

Also, couple that with the trend of the area. Its Democratic downballot, but there are several counties in the district where Obama in 2012 did worse than Kerry in 2004.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 06:03:33 PM »

Mills actually outraised Nolan by almost $200K (!) last quarter. Roll Call had a piece recently on why Nolan could be vulnerable.

Also, couple that with the trend of the area. Its Democratic downballot, but there are several counties in the district where Obama in 2012 did worse than Kerry in 2004.

More conservative voters are moving up from the southern parts of the state, and the failure to get Democrats out to vote this year hangs over this midterm like a black cloud after Oberstar in 2010. Plus Mills has been running ads since months ago, and Nolan just started recently. ((Or rather, the House Majority PAC just started.)) So IMHO it's still at least Lean Dem.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies