Judge strikes down DC's ban on handguns outside home
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Judge strikes down DC's ban on handguns outside home
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Judge strikes down DC's ban on handguns outside home  (Read 1860 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 11:22:39 PM »
« edited: July 28, 2014, 11:24:25 PM by Franzl »

The Second Amendment may be the dumbest statute still standing in the modern era.

Hey, I've found a statement of yours with which I couldn't agree more strongly...
Yeah, the fact that a guy who is probably a Nazi sympathizer is proclaiming the need for guns to be taken away from civilians doesn't really help your argument.

Thinking the 2nd amendment is crazy doesn't equate wanting to take all guns away. Although even the wording "take guns away" is an oddly American sentiment.

So you're one of those "the Nazis took guns away!!" people?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 02:11:04 AM »

The Second Amendment may be the dumbest statute still standing in the modern era.

Hey, I've found a statement of yours with which I couldn't agree more strongly...
Yeah, the fact that a guy who is probably a Nazi sympathizer is proclaiming the need for guns to be taken away from civilians doesn't really help your argument.

Thinking the 2nd amendment is crazy doesn't equate wanting to take all guns away. Although even the wording "take guns away" is an oddly American sentiment.

Don't worry, he's just butthurt that someone insulted his family. Give him a few days to calm down.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 05:23:27 AM »

Gun nuts are so cute when they think that they can resist a tyrannical government with their rifles.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 08:23:36 AM »

Maybe NYC is next.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 08:51:55 AM »

If only Heller would have been ruled the other way, we were only one vote away from a void 2nd amendment. I dream of that America.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2014, 11:08:24 AM by Simfan34 »

People in DC are killing each other with guns! What would the solution be? More guns!

(Obviously, the ruling is sound, but I've never understood the obsession with guns)

If only Heller would have been ruled the other way, we were only one vote away from a void 2nd amendment. I dream of that America.

Such a ruling would have made a mockery of the Constitution, and I'm glad it didn't go that way. I'd like to see the 2nd Amendment rolled back myself, but I don't support rulings that are founded in opinion and not constitutional law- pro-life or pro-choice; I think we can all agree the ruling in Roe v. Wade was essentially constitutionally baseless, for example.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 11:18:51 AM »

lol America.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 11:31:58 AM »

I would love to hear why Franzl is a nazi sympathizer. I mean it's not for the usual retarded reason you think so?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »

He was referring to Hifly.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 11:57:30 AM »

This is not a positive step at all.  DC is a crowded city swarming with cops, it's insane to carry a gun for self-defense.  Maybe a few people will walk around strapped because they're scared of black people or whatever.  But, mostly this will have no effect on law-abiding citizens. 

The actual problem could for the police.  Imagine they've searched a suspect and they find an illegal gun.  He can claim it's a legal gun and perhaps they'll be forced to allow someone to go free and murder someone.  It could also interfere with police using an illegal gun charge to get someone off the streets so they can obtain warrants or prevent imminent violence.

Er I doubt police use the honor system to determine if a gun is legally held or not.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

Now the DC police is ordering its officers not to arrest any residents with legally registered handguns. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/28/dc-police-chief-orders-officers-not-arrest-legal-g/
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 09:16:06 PM »

Care to explain that teensy bit of hyperbole?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 10:04:42 AM »

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »

Care to explain that teensy bit of hyperbole?
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=9912;sa=showPosts
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies