Judge strikes down DC's ban on handguns outside home (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:20:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Judge strikes down DC's ban on handguns outside home (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Judge strikes down DC's ban on handguns outside home  (Read 1894 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 28, 2014, 12:38:23 PM »

Oh no, crime will sky rocket in DC now!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:27:48 PM »

This is not a positive step at all.  DC is a crowded city swarming with cops, it's insane to carry a gun for self-defense.  Maybe a few people will walk around strapped because they're scared of black people or whatever.  But, mostly this will have no effect on law-abiding citizens. 

The actual problem could for the police.  Imagine they've searched a suspect and they find an illegal gun.  He can claim it's a legal gun and perhaps they'll be forced to allow someone to go free and murder someone.  It could also interfere with police using an illegal gun charge to get someone off the streets so they can obtain warrants or prevent imminent violence.
I should give you credit as the only gun control nut here to make arguments, but they are so bad, I just can't.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:06 PM »

I'm curious why you think anyone in DC should be going around strapped, besides law enforcement officers.
Because certain parts of the city are nuts and if you have to travel there, you should have the right to defend yourself.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
What's to stop a fella from driving in from out of town if guns are illegal in the city?  It's not a problem now, I don't see it becoming a problem just because of this law.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »

He was referring to Hifly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies