Why is President Obama's approval so low?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:41:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is President Obama's approval so low?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why is President Obama's approval so low?  (Read 5147 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »

Then you have this swarm of illegals coming across our border. The reaction from everyone I've spoken to is, "Send them packin'!" But then the President is silent. I've heard people recently asking, "Why won't the President do something!?!" I think the reason he won't address the problem, is because to him, innocent illegal Mexicans spilling into our country isn't a problem. It's the disconnect that even many Democrats have been speaking about in recent weeks.

This may be one of the most racist and stupid things I've ever read on the forum.
I agree. I already put Reaganfan's post into the "Oxford School of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts IV" thread.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 07:20:37 PM »

Increased polarization in the country, and lack of effective promotion by the White House.   Also, people tend to make up their minds after six years.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »

Then you have this swarm of illegals coming across our border. The reaction from everyone I've spoken to is, "Send them packin'!" But then the President is silent. I've heard people recently asking, "Why won't the President do something!?!" I think the reason he won't address the problem, is because to him, innocent illegal Mexicans spilling into our country isn't a problem. It's the disconnect that even many Democrats have been speaking about in recent weeks.

This may be one of the most racist and stupid things I've ever read on the forum.
I agree. I already put Reaganfan's post into the "Oxford School of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts IV" thread.

So did two other people already.  But don't worry; it was bad enough to warrant it.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 08:27:05 PM »

He's an abysmal president.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 06:57:45 PM »

There's a real sense that Obama is an impotent President that is unable to deal with the challenges that face America. Republican intransigence has successfully destroyed Obama's image as an avatar of change and reform and he seems increasingly irrelevant as his promises and advocacy bears no relation to reality.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 06:29:36 AM »

It's the general consensus among anyone I've heard speaking about the recent influx of illegal immigrants. I haven't heard anyone say, "Oh well of course, let them all stay..." I don't believe that makes them racist.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/july_2014/most_voters_want_to_send_latest_illegal_immigrants_home_asap

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Most voters don’t want any of the young illegal immigrants who’ve recently arrived here housed in their state and say any legislation passed by Congress to deal with the problem should focus on sending them home as soon as possible.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the primary focus of any new immigration legislation passed by Congress should be to send the young illegal immigrants back home as quickly as possible. Just 27% say it should focus instead on making it easier for these illegal immigrants to remain in the United States. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.

That's a striking poll. That means that nearly 6 in 10 Americans are in your words, "racist". I don't believe they are.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 06:50:56 AM »

No, they're just ignorant and paranoid
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 01:46:51 PM »

The internet deserves some blame/thanks. A conservative in Utah can chat with ten conservatives in the South at the click of a button (on Free Republic or whatever), thus creating a tribe/echo chamber mentality. The 'left' is just as guilty of this with sites such as Democratic Underground.

Good point.
m4567
Rookie
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 11:02:28 PM »

Agreed.

His approval ratings should eventually rise if:

Economy continues its solid growth.

No major scandal.

World conflicts settle down.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »