Why is President Obama's approval so low? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:35:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is President Obama's approval so low? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is President Obama's approval so low?  (Read 5183 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 29, 2014, 03:02:02 AM »

I think it is a number of factors.

The obvious factor is the six year curse. By 1998, Clinton (love him or hate him) was thrown into a sex scandal and impeached. In 2006, Bush was so unpopular that his Iraq policies had a profound effect on the ballot that year from Gubernatorial elections to state and local issues. Now in 2014, Obama's problems are creating the same environment.

One thing I think Obama does wrong is that anytime a crisis or a scandal or an issue arises, he addresses it as if he's the micro-manager who is working for the man. "We are looking into it..." ect ect. The problem is, Barack Obama is the man. He's not a newbie. He's been President of the United States since January 2009. He acts as though he works for the boss when in actuality he is the boss. The fact that he acts like he has no play with Congress and the way he lets them hold his collar to try and run his clock out is ridiculous. I thought after he was elected in 2008 that he would be a Reagan-style Teflon President whom America loved but the opposing political party despised. Truth is, he hasn't been that popular. The only time I was actually openly supportive of him was in May 2011 when he ordered the Bin laden raid, and even then his approval rating barely ticked up for a week in part because liberals who had approved of his job were angry that he carried out a Bush-era style assassination raid in a sovereign country without permission.

Another reason Obama is unpopular is because of ACA. Despite the futile attempts by our liberal friends to try and highlight the occasionally rosy poll showing weak and fruitless support for the bill, by and large it remains unpopular with the American people.

Then you have this swarm of illegals coming across our border. The reaction from everyone I've spoken to is, "Send them packin'!" But then the President is silent. I've heard people recently asking, "Why won't the President do something!?!" I think the reason he won't address the problem, is because to him, innocent illegal Mexicans spilling into our country isn't a problem. It's the disconnect that even many Democrats have been speaking about in recent weeks.

In other words, he's losing what made him beat Romney in 2012. The idea that he cared about the issues important to the people.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 06:29:36 AM »

Then you have this swarm of illegals coming across our border. The reaction from everyone I've spoken to is, "Send them packin'!" But then the President is silent. I've heard people recently asking, "Why won't the President do something!?!" I think the reason he won't address the problem, is because to him, innocent illegal Mexicans spilling into our country isn't a problem. It's the disconnect that even many Democrats have been speaking about in recent weeks.

This may be one of the most racist and stupid things I've ever read on the forum.

It's the general consensus among anyone I've heard speaking about the recent influx of illegal immigrants. I haven't heard anyone say, "Oh well of course, let them all stay..." I don't believe that makes them racist.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/july_2014/most_voters_want_to_send_latest_illegal_immigrants_home_asap

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Most voters don’t want any of the young illegal immigrants who’ve recently arrived here housed in their state and say any legislation passed by Congress to deal with the problem should focus on sending them home as soon as possible.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the primary focus of any new immigration legislation passed by Congress should be to send the young illegal immigrants back home as quickly as possible. Just 27% say it should focus instead on making it easier for these illegal immigrants to remain in the United States. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.

That's a striking poll. That means that nearly 6 in 10 Americans are in your words, "racist". I don't believe they are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies