Why is President Obama's approval so low? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:33:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is President Obama's approval so low? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is President Obama's approval so low?  (Read 5174 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 28, 2014, 01:50:57 PM »

We Americans are more fussy about political life than we have been in a long time. We let Dubya get away with far more than we let Obama get away with.

Just look at how low the approval levels are for Congress and many sitting Governors.  Congress about in the same level of approval as rattlesnake bites.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:19:37 PM »

He has promoted his policies instead of himself. He has sacrificed immediate popularity to get results. The House has consistently offered him no help in achieving any big legislation. He has a cacophonous opposition that has given him no break since he was first elected.

He is an excellent campaigner, but he has not done any campaigning since 2012. He must campaign to get approval near 50%. He is obviously running for nothing.  

Let us remember, though -- Americans generally have shown lesser support for elected officials than at any time in years, and this has nothing to do with scandals, military or diplomatic debacles, or an economic collapse. Congress is now about as popular as vitriol enemas. Oddly, President Obama has yet to campaign against Congress.  
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:43:52 PM »

And for a nice demonstration of my point:

Then you have this swarm of illegals coming across our border. The reaction from everyone I've spoken to is, "Send them packin'!" But then the President is silent. I've heard people recently asking, "Why won't the President do something!?!" I think the reason he won't address the problem, is because to him, innocent illegal Mexicans spilling into our country isn't a problem. It's the disconnect that even many Democrats have been speaking about in recent weeks.

Please pay closer attention, Low-Information-VoterTM.  Obama already announced they're being deported over a week ago.

When FoX Propaganda Channel has nothing to gain from criticizing Barack Obama, his approval ratings will be in the 50s. Count on it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies