Why is President Obama's approval so low? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:36:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is President Obama's approval so low? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is President Obama's approval so low?  (Read 5175 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 29, 2014, 11:23:35 AM »

The economy is doing much better now than it has since a year or more before the Recession struck. Stock market is high, unemployment is down around 6% and dropping.

The economy consists of more than the stock market and the reported unemployment rate. Most Americans continue to face shrinking real household incomes, and the working share of the adult population is stagnant at well below its pre-recession level, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that our bleak collective view of the economy persists.

Interesting. What explains the 15-point jump in the participation rate? Women entering the workforce, I'm guessing? Also, I'd feel the data from two term presidents is small enough... as to be statistically meaningless. But it's interesting. A lot of people here are being ridiculous, though. I get the distinct sense that the country seems to be on autopilot, and talking to a range of people (also statistically meaningless, but whatever), a lot of people seem to wonder what exactly is the value-added of having Obama as opposed to... not having him. He doesn't seem to be affecting events, either positively or negatively.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies