NE: Confirmation of JoMCaR as Northeast News Agency Head
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:01:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE: Confirmation of JoMCaR as Northeast News Agency Head
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE: Confirmation of JoMCaR as Northeast News Agency Head  (Read 1014 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2014, 12:43:24 PM »

Governor Talleyrand has nominated JoMCaR as the first Northeast Agency News Heas. This appointment needs to be confirmed by the Assembly.  This will serve as the independent hearing thread for the nominee, as required by the SOAP.

Debate on the nomination and questioning of the nominee will extend for at least 72 hours, or until around 1:40 PM on Friday,  August 1, unless shortened or extended by a motion of a Representative.

I will pm the nominee to ask if he wishes to make an opening statement.  Otherwise, questioning of JoMCaR could commence immediately.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

I want to thank Governor Talleyrand for giving me his trust on this brand new task. As a citizen and as a representative, I've always considered this news agency a good source of both information for our region's citizen in particular and independence from federal and private news agencies. That said, I congratulate Lieutenant Governor Cynic for introducing the Taking Things Into Our Own Hands Act and I do so too with all the representatives who voted for it.

As Head of the Northeast News Agency, I seek to work on three different levels. One of them, of course, is with Governor Talleyrand and the Assembly. Any action taken by the Executive and the Assembly shall be properly informed to the people of the Northeast through the agency. Another level, not less important, is with the Game Moderator. I know that recently GM Napoleon has not been doing very well, and I wish him the best on his recovery. That said, I wish he can soon be able to provide me with all the information necessary to inform the people of the situation of our region and inform the assembly so that they can legislate according to the reality of its constituency.

As a personal opinion, I think a newspaper would be the cheapest and most practical way to deliver our news, but I'll always be open to new ideas. Also, I think it would be a good idea for this agency to do surveying. Some of you might know that I own a survey agency named Pollstergeist, but I think it would be more proper not to mix it with the agency and instead create "Northeast Survey" (suggestions for other names will be well received). I think I'll be able to do this myself, but if anyone wishes to join the agency and do the polling, welcome.

Thank you very much. I hope to receive your trust.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »

First of all, I want to offer my warmest congratulations to you for being named by Gov. Talleyrand. As you can imagine, this legislation is extremely important to me, though it will expire in three months time, so it's crucial that you, being the first Head, seat the tone for how this sort of service is to be conducted.

Given that activity and performance will be key in keeping this alive, I've got to ask if you've got any particular news stories planned that will immediately need to be addressed by either the Governor or the Assembly?
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:53:33 PM »

First of all, I want to offer my warmest congratulations to you for being named by Gov. Talleyrand. As you can imagine, this legislation is extremely important to me, though it will expire in three months time, so it's crucial that you, being the first Head, seat the tone for how this sort of service is to be conducted.

Thank you Mr. Lieutenant Governor. I understand the challenge I've just taken, and I feel ready to take it.

Given that activity and performance will be key in keeping this alive, I've got to ask if you've got any particular news stories planned that will immediately need to be addressed by either the Governor or the Assembly?

Some information that the Governor and the Assembly could use and I could bring to you come from the Game Moderator, which is unemployment rates and some sad news coming from the Governor's home state.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This only to start. As I said, I'll seek to work more closely with GM Napoleon.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:50:17 PM »

It would appear this is null and void. Tongue
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:21 AM »

It's a shame. I mean, a ban is (was?) in order, but I just hate when promising posters go and do stupid crap like that. He could've been a great addition to the game at a time when we really need more contributors.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 09:57:49 AM »

As the nominee is banned, this nomination is VOID!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 08:46:41 PM »

Wait, what happened when I was gone?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 08:07:46 AM »

WrathoftheGods, WorkingClassBro, and one other new user were socks of JoMCaR.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 08:58:14 AM »

lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length