PPP - Very Close Race in CO, unless Christie is Rep. Nominee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:03:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP - Very Close Race in CO, unless Christie is Rep. Nominee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP - Very Close Race in CO, unless Christie is Rep. Nominee  (Read 3168 times)
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« on: July 29, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »

This must be the 10th poll in a roll to suggest that Colorado is looking at least R+5 compared to the national average.

That would be something considering the state's recent trends. I hope what we're seeing in the polls actually holds up in 2016. Even if Republicans ultimately lose the Colorado it would be good to see a swing state like it shifting in the party's direction compared to 2012.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 03:02:20 PM »

This must be the 10th poll in a roll to suggest that Colorado is looking at least R+5 compared to the national average.

That would be something considering the state's recent trends. I hope what we're seeing in the polls actually holds up in 2016. Even if Republicans ultimately lose the Colorado it would be good to see a swing state like it shifting in the party's direction compared to 2012.

The ultimate question is how it would be happening. I think a lot of growth of Colorado Springs's Fundamentalist population shifted it right in the late 90s. I'm not so sure how it could happen again demographically. I'm thinking that the libertarians (which Democrats spoiled the good will of the last 1 year or so) and the miners are just becoming more organized if they start doing better.

It probably would be the libertarian element of Colorado that comprises the bulk of the shift. I wouldn't imagine it being the Religious Right (or minorities for that matter), considering how poorly the Republican candidates are doing against Clinton in the South and other diverse states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies