Gov. Mary Fallin (R-OK) is sweating right now...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:36:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gov. Mary Fallin (R-OK) is sweating right now...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov. Mary Fallin (R-OK) is sweating right now...  (Read 1228 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:02:28 PM »

http://www.newson6.com/story/26134963/poll-numbers-show-a-democrat-could-be-oklahomas-next-governor#.U9cSZWaIf_0.facebook

This poll shows Mary Fallin with only a 5 point lead over Democratic Challenger Joe Dorman (45-40).  In Oklahoma, this is a neck and neck race.  It should be 15 points or better for Fallin.  She has made some really unpopular moves, especially in education siding with State Superintendent Janet Barresi, who lost in the primary to Joy Hofmeister, in implementing the Common Core.  She later repealed Common Core under heavy pressure from lawmakers and her constituents.  However, the plan she put in place in the stead of Common Core was equally as unpopular.

I still expect her to win, ultimately, but this may be a later night than what the Fallin camp was expecting.
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »

Well, she's probably used to sweating a lot. Just ask her bodyguard.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 10:19:09 PM »

Mods, please ban this guy.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »

I have no problem with this. Cheaters who speak out against gay marriages should be shamed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 10:31:38 PM »

I don't think that post is anything to be banned for, it's not like it breaks any rules.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 01:26:53 AM »

I have no problem with this. Cheaters who speak out against gay marriages should be shamed.

But the gays are obviously "ruining the sanctity of marriage"!!1!
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »

Censor someone for pointing out a politician's hypocrisy? No. Not at all.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 10:14:30 PM »

I'll have to see some other polls back this up.

Out of curiosity, what kind of campaign has Dorman been running?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 02:09:42 PM »

Mattress Mary, stop posting on this forum and get back to doing your job. Oklahoma is depending on you.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »

I wasn't aware that Mary Fallin has personally contributed to the destruction of the sacred family unit.  Thanks to Panda Express for cluing me in.

Frankly, if we can't expect Ms. Fallin to honor her commitments, how on earth would she be able to govern a state?  She clearly can't do it, as evidenced by the terrible job that she is doing.  It makes a lot more sense now.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 06:15:15 PM »

It'd be pretty bizarre if Dems somehow defeated incumbent Republicans in Oklahoma and/or Kansas during an Obama mid-term.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 06:17:39 PM »

It'd be pretty bizarre if Dems somehow defeated incumbent Republicans in Oklahoma and/or Kansas during an Obama mid-term.

It'll really illustrate how bad Fallin and Brownback have f'd up.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

I've not heard much out of either one of them yet. But once in a blue moon the local news channels or the newspaper will run a story about him. Dorman's main focus seems to be education. He's been strongly emphasizing building a tornado shelter in every school in this state. And he's trying to tie Fallin to the State School Superintendent Janet Barresi, who just got rocked in her primary (came in third). Now his website's got an article pushing for Medicaid Expansion, which will just open him up to Obamacare criticism. He's a decent candidate. Fallin's not gonna run away with it, but she's still going to win.

I'm sure most Oklahomans support medicaid expansion, just as is the case in every other state we've seen polling from.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »

I've not heard much out of either one of them yet. But once in a blue moon the local news channels or the newspaper will run a story about him. Dorman's main focus seems to be education. He's been strongly emphasizing building a tornado shelter in every school in this state. And he's trying to tie Fallin to the State School Superintendent Janet Barresi, who just got rocked in her primary (came in third). Now his website's got an article pushing for Medicaid Expansion, which will just open him up to Obamacare criticism. He's a decent candidate. Fallin's not gonna run away with it, but she's still going to win.

I'm sure most Oklahomans support medicaid expansion, just as is the case in every other state we've seen polling from.

I made this a few months ago, which combined every available poll for each state where polling has been done on the subject. There weren't any for Oklahoma, but for some reason (looking at this now, some don't make much sense), I have it shaded as being net-negative on expansion (I think I was tracking it in line with other states based on simple D/R, but again, some of these look off).

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »

I made this a few months ago, which combined every available poll for each state where polling has been done on the subject. There weren't any for Oklahoma, but for some reason (looking at this now, some don't make much sense), I have it shaded as being net-negative on expansion (I think I was tracking it in line with other states based on simple D/R, but again, some of these look off).

So given that, what are the states where...

* voters support Medicaid expansion but it hasn't happened
* voters support Medicaid expansion and it has happened
* voters oppose Medicaid expansion but it has happened
* voters oppose Medicaid expansion and it hasn't happened
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies