Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:14:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite  (Read 4070 times)
J-Mann
United States

« on: July 30, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »

2000 -- the first election in which I could vote, and given that this was near the height of my interest in politics, I loved it: the close race, the potential for massive political change and -- of course -- the 36 days of nauseating, nail-biting indecision after the election.

2002 -- one of my good friends from childhood / high school had just graduated from college and was running for state representative. Even though he was a member of the other party, I jumped in and supported him wholeheartedly ... knocking on doors, walking in parades, writing blogs and discussing campaign strategy in weekend meetings at his parents' house! And he ended up demolishing the incumbent nearly 2-to-1!

2004 -- another long presidential campaign season, with Howard Dean screaming his way to failure and the Democrats' lackluster choice going up against a weak George W. Bush. That was fun, but again, my friend from back home was involved in his first reelection campaign; again, he won nearly 2-to-1 despite some nasty politics from his opponent. ALSO -- MYPALFISH!

2008 -- although I was quite a bit less interested in politics at this time, my own views had changed enough that I was experiencing this election from a different point on the political spectrum. My reluctant acceptance of Obama was greatly accelerated by his choice of Biden for VP and McCain's choice of Palin for the same role.

2006 -- I left the GOP in the summer of 2006 after being disgusted that a party that held the White House, the House and the Senate spent less than 100 days in Washington and couldn't get together to address some major issues. Immigration reform needed addressed then just as much as it does today, and the GOP's refusal to address it (probably for election-related reasons) swore me off of political parties. I was ecstatic when they lost control of Congress, if only because I wanted to see losers lose.

2012 -- there was probably no one in the world that I felt deserved a punch in the face more than smug Mitt Romney, but Obama wasn't exactly the superstar he was four years earlier. The GOP primary was fun to watch; otherwise, I really didn't get into this election other than election night.

2010 -- meh. Nothing really memorable about this one for me outside of disbelief that the Tea Party carried so much weight.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies