Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite  (Read 4089 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »

Mine:

2008 - Obviously my favorite. It was exciting in the primary too, two hard fought victories for Obama, VERY entertaining, and coinciding with my graduating and all. Just an all around incredible time. And good results too. Not much negative I can say about this one aside from the now infamous Senate race recount fiasco, but hey, the right guy ended up winning out after all.
2006 - A close second. Consumed my life for awhile. But a truly shining moment in my life, especially as my congressional race was a hard fought upset I was part of. The only real disappointment was Pawlenty's reelection. In hindsight that was probably a bigger deal for me than the Democrats taking Congress, but this is only about elections, not the afterwards, so this one is still quite high up.
2012 - In comparison to the above, this one was relatively boring on the Presidential and congressional elections. But regardless, Obama gets reelected after all the attacks, Obamacare controversy, screaming about how it just couldn't be done because the economy was so bad, the GOP primary was relatively entertaining as well. Plus the Democrats did pretty well in Congress too even if we weren't winning the House, and for the first time in my life my state ends up under an all Democratic trifecta. AND the icing on the cake being the defeat of both the marriage and voter ID amendments, which is exactly the sort of thing you'll be able to say you proudly voted against in decades to come. Another great time.
2010 - You'd expect this one to be lower. But really to me it wasn't a total disaster. I got a Democratic Governor finally. Republicans got the House, but on the backs on mostly useless Blue Dogs, and we weren't getting much done anyway. That's not to say there weren't some hard gut punches, the two most obvious being Jim Oberstar and losing the legislature despite taking the Governorship, but I just looked to the future for that, and rightfully so. The worst part was that it was a redistricting year. This one didn't hurt quite as bad as....
2004 - This is an election that honestly horrifies me to the day. You can understand why it happened, but that doesn't change the fact that it was an awful event. Not many bright spots, though we did well in the legislative elections in Minnesota. There was a bit of a bittersweetness to it though, Minnesota was targeted and we held out, it's the only presidential election where I actually followed the conventions closely (and probably will be the only one), and my first look at all the details of the primary process. It had some benefits, but still was horribly depressing.
2002 - This one just sucked. Period. Wellstone's dead, someone terrible takes his seat, GOP takes the Senate and gets unchecked control, even local elections in Minnesota were bad. One hell of an awful election to be your first one to vote in. I was a little pessimistic after that for obvious reasons, but hey things did get better.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »

Beet's 2008 reaction is an interesting contrast to mine. Of course supporting separate candidates plays a role, I wouldn't be too fond of it ether if Hillary had won...but if she had won the election would be pretty dull and not as exciting as it as. I must ask though why the Palin-filled GE is a negative, it actually boosted the excitingness of it.

But yeah that's one for the history books. In stark contrast to the very boring 2014. I'd actually rather read archives of the 2008 or 2006 forums than read the contemporary midterm election forums.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 10:01:07 PM »

New ranking:

And it goes without saying there's a massive gap between 2012 and 2010.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies