Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:48:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank your elections you could vote in from most to least favorite  (Read 4107 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« on: July 30, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »

2008 - hands down one of the most exciting elections in history.
2012 - extremely boring, voted for Santorum in the IL primary and didn't bother voting in the general
2010 - I actually don't remember anything about the campaign other than the result. Didn't bother voting.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:08:02 PM »

Beet's 2008 reaction is an interesting contrast to mine. Of course supporting separate candidates plays a role, I wouldn't be too fond of it ether if Hillary had won...but if she had won the election would be pretty dull and not as exciting as it as. I must ask though why the Palin-filled GE is a negative, it actually boosted the excitingness of it.

But yeah that's one for the history books. In stark contrast to the very boring 2014. I'd actually rather read archives of the 2008 or 2006 forums than read the contemporary midterm election forums.

Election night 2006 was such a blast. Phil's Santorum drama, McCaskill, Tester, and Webb all squeaking by at the last minute. Good times all around. I actually don't think I can name a singe D vs. R matchup for 2014 (I can tell you who's running for re-election and whatnot but I couldn't tell you their opponents). The lack of excitement, drama, urgency, and engaging personalities in US politics is why Update has sort of overtaken it as the focal point of this forum.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies