#StopEbola
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:57:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  #StopEbola
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: #StopEbola  (Read 570 times)
WrathOfTheGods
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »

Fellow Atlasians, I urge you too take a deep look into the grave situation that West Africa and the world are living because of the current Ebola epidemy. I congratulate SoEA Nix for protecting our population from it, but that's not enough. Can't we do something like putting funding for research or sending foreign aid to the most affected countries? NOW?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 02:24:10 PM »

Fellow Atlasians, I urge you too take a deep look into the grave situation that West Africa and the world are living because of the current Ebola epidemy. I congratulate SoEA Nix for protecting our population from it, but that's not enough. Can't we do something like putting funding for research or sending foreign aid to the most affected countries? NOW?
I would agree with that. Also, I would suggest that the Atlasian Government (or regional governments if they have the money) direct funds to trying to find a cure for the virus. Also, and this is more a question for Nix, are the countries mentioned by the SoIA(SoEA) on a "no go" list?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »

Well said, Wrath, this is a very worrying issue and I also think it deserves immediate attention. While I don't want to get ahead of the SoEA and the administration, I think I'll start working on a Senate bill to send foreign aid and see if we can help those nations as soon as possible.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »

I don't think treatment options exist aside from isolation of the infected. Cleanliness and sterility appear to be important factors in preventing it. I'm not sure what we can do, in other words, aside from educate developing nations as to the importance of sterility. You know, it's a little like a Medieval plague or something.

Actually, if we're going to spend money, let's spend it on scientific research. That would be far more fruitful. Then, we can share the results, vaccines, or whatever.
WrathOfTheGods
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »

I don't think treatment options exist aside from isolation of the infected. Cleanliness and sterility appear to be important factors in preventing it. I'm not sure what we can do, in other words, aside from educate developing nations as to the importance of sterility. You know, it's a little like a Medieval plague or something.

Actually, if we're going to spend money, let's spend it on scientific research. That would be far more fruitful. Then, we can share the results, vaccines, or whatever.

I'm glad your reflexion reached a good end, Mr. President. May the gods be with you.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »

How can you expect the gods to carry out their wrath when you're essentially sabotaging their preferred way of doing so?
WrathOfTheGods
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 06:16:56 PM »

How can you expect the gods to carry out their wrath when you're essentially sabotaging their preferred way of doing so?

Ebola ain't the Ragnarok, infidel. It's not even the gods' work. I know it. They've told me. It must be a... demon or something like that. Anyway, it MUST be stopped.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies