Should people who oppose gay marriage be banned from this forum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:06:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should people who oppose gay marriage be banned from this forum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: #fightintolerance
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Should people who oppose gay marriage be banned from this forum?  (Read 8068 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« on: August 01, 2014, 06:27:54 AM »

A claim that if true just makes your opposition to gay marriage more jarring because their opposition has the benefit of making sense.

So you accept religious opposition to gay marriage as a valid reason?

The only valid opposition to gay marriage is opposition to the archaic construct in its entirety. Anything else is recycling engrained dogma or bigotry.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:02:48 AM »

A claim that if true just makes your opposition to gay marriage more jarring because their opposition has the benefit of making sense.

So you accept religious opposition to gay marriage as a valid reason?

The only valid opposition to gay marriage is opposition to the archaic construct in its entirety. Anything else is recycling engrained dogma or bigotry.

I simply believe that marriage is a traditional institution which should not be sullied through arbitrary redefinition. I like the homosexuals and I have homosexual friends. But I do not support them having the ability to enter matrimony.

Maintaining a tradition for the sake of the tradition is the worst reason to do so. All traditions of any kind should always be under a lens of strict scrutiny, and be replaced, modified, or altogether removed if it becomes inadequate, outdated or inegalitarian.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »

That was Snowstalker.  The real Hifly has never stated the reasons for his opposition to marriage equality so clearly or succinctly, AFAIK.

Aye I see. When posting on an iPhone it's a lot easier to go by avatars.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies