A Statement from Former Speaker of the Mideast Assembly Inks.LWC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:53:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Statement from Former Speaker of the Mideast Assembly Inks.LWC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Statement from Former Speaker of the Mideast Assembly Inks.LWC  (Read 367 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:07:44 PM »

*A very cheerful Inks.LWC walks out from the steps of the Mideast Superior Court building, holding a briefcase and an unopened bottle of Glenfiddich 50-year-old Scotch*

My fellow Mideasterners, earlier tonight, Superior Court Judge Badger issued his opinion in the case Inks.LWC v. Mideast Region.  Unfortunately, Judge Badger did not agree with my interpretation of the Region's election laws, and he ruled that the election results of the July election should stand as certified.  Thus, my long career in the Mideast Assembly has come to an end.  I have served in the Assembly for 27 terms, including 24 consecutive terms that ended with this election.  I have been your Speaker for 23 of those 27 terms.  Time after time I was urged to take another position or run for another office, and each time in recent years I have declined.  My time in the Mideast Assembly was some of the most enjoyable time I've had here in Atlasia, and I wouldn't trade any of it.  I want to personally thank each and every one of you for electing me those 27 times.  Serving this Region has meant the world to me.

That being said, all good things must come to an end, and the people have spoken, and it is my time to go.

I would like to congratulate Franzl on his election victory, and even more-so on his court victory.  Franzl argued the Region's case very well.  I thank both Franzl and Badger for all that they did in the case.

It is fitting that I should go out in the midst of litigation.  Litigation in Atlasia is something I've always enjoyed, and this case was one heck of a way to go out; I wouldn't want it any other way.

And with that, I will allow the sun to set on this chapter of my career here in Atlasia as I walk off into the horizon.  What tomorrow will bring, is a mystery to me, as it is to you.

Thank you, and good night.

*Inks.LWC removes his tie, unbuttons the top button of his shirt, and walks down the courthouse steps and into the distance*
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:23 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2014, 11:13:20 PM by JCL and the Geologist »

You met burden of proof. Badger ruled wrongly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 11:22:57 PM »

I still recall my own short term in the Mideast Assembly at the beginning of the past year, and even by then you already had years of experience and it looked like there would never be a Mideast Assembly without you, not when it was the center-stage of the regional governments. I learned a lot during those brief two months and I had the chance of replicating some of those lessons later. While it's true that we had our disagreements, it was truly a pleasure to serve with you for that  term, and it saddens me to see you leave an office you've held for so long and in such a successful way.

Congratulations on a job truly well done, Inks, and I wish you the best of luck for your future in Atlasia!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 12:21:39 AM »

You've served the Mideast well for all these years. I also thank you for the times that you've helped me out during my time here, and I know you'll be missed. Godspeed.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 03:07:35 AM »

Congratulations on a truly meaningful career in the Assembly. I knew you'd been there for ages, but I didn't realize it was that long by now.

We really need to get around to naming a highway or airport after you... Wink
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 04:15:29 AM »

We really need to get around to naming a highway or airport after you... Wink
^^^

Despite our political differences, I really enjoyed working with you in my time as a Mideast Assemblyman. In that position, you were always fair and easy to work with- and truly gave a lot to the region.

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »

Thank you for all of your work Inks! You were certainly a fixture in the Mideast Assembly for all my time here and ran it well.

Best wishes with wherever you're headed next in life Smiley
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »

Thank you for everything you did for the Assembly and the region.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies