Opinion of Lana Del Ray
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:26:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Lana Del Ray
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Lana Del Ray
Freedom Artist

Horrible Artist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Opinion of Lana Del Ray  (Read 2345 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »

I enjoy her music so FA, but she says feminism is a "boring concept" so...HP.

LOL. You discovered feminism a few months ago on Tumblr.

You are literally the person with the least standing to make fun of R2.

Must be so much more painful on your end.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 01:08:18 PM »

I wish we had Ben Cherington so much

I'm just pissed with him right now. I'm hoping getting Lester back is part of the master plan. Still, he's proved he's throwing in the towel pretty clearly. GMs don't just decimate pitching staffs for nothing.

You're leaving over Felix Doubront and Jake Peavy of all people? Especially when we have RDLR and Workman to take their places (and we can give Ranaudo a cup of coffee, which he seems to be doing well in). If you're leaving over a pitcher with an ERA above 6 and someone who's worse than De La Rosa, you deserve to leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »

You're leaving over Felix Doubront and Jake Peavy of all people? Especially when we have RDLR and Workman to take their places (and we can give Ranaudo a cup of coffee, which he seems to be doing well in). If you're leaving over a pitcher with an ERA above 6 and someone who's worse than De La Rosa, you deserve to leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Nah, F--k Doubront, but Peavy was a good veteran presence. Not saying he shouldn't have been traded, but it just kinda seems lame to decimate a pitching staff to see if our prospects can handle the big leagues. I mean, Webster walked 5 guys in an inning last night ffs. Workman's been average at best and Rubby's so inconsistent. He's got a 1.29 WHIP, which isn't great. Ranaudo looked alright, which I'm happy with.

My qualm is that this whole rebuilding thing is happening too quickly and all at once. Not leaving them for good, but I'm pissed for right now. If Cherington has a plan to build the pitching staff from the ground up with a blank check in the offseason, I'll happily eat crow. In fact, I'd much rather admit to being wrong than be right on this one.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 08:50:35 PM »

Nah, F--k Doubront, but Peavy was a good veteran presence. Not saying he shouldn't have been traded, but it just kinda seems lame to decimate a pitching staff to see if our prospects can handle the big leagues. I mean, Webster walked 5 guys in an inning last night ffs. Workman's been average at best and Rubby's so inconsistent. He's got a 1.29 WHIP, which isn't great. Ranaudo looked alright, which I'm happy with.

My qualm is that this whole rebuilding thing is happening too quickly and all at once. Not leaving them for good, but I'm pissed for right now. If Cherington has a plan to build the pitching staff from the ground up with a blank check in the offseason, I'll happily eat crow. In fact, I'd much rather admit to being wrong than be right on this one.

...you do know Peavy's an FA this year, right? We weren't going to compete, we weren't going to sign him because we have a Romney-esque wealth of riches when it comes to starter prospects, so why not get something in return instead of letting him walk (especially when we get BA's 56th-ranked prospect and a good relief arm)? Why keep space in the rotation for a steadily declining 34-year-old? I totally understand being pissed about Lester and even Gomes, but Peavy's just not that good.

Obviously the Webster experiment's failed, but De La Rosa's only had one awful outing all year. He either lights up the world or he's mediocre (and like I said, seems to be in line with his peripherals). Workman is still better than Doubront, and we need to see if he's better as a reliever or a starter (and now that Ranaudo looks like a starter he'll probably be out by tomorrow).

If you want to throw in the towel and become an A's fan, be my guest. Just don't expect me to take you seriously when the future starts shining again.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »

"West Coast" is a hot joint.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 11:20:36 PM »

If you want to throw in the towel and become an A's fan, be my guest. Just don't expect me to take you seriously when the future starts shining again.

Not leaving them for good, but I'm pissed for right now.

Ugh, I guess I still am. But I'm very angry with them, so I'm an A's fan for the rest of the season.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 03:14:50 AM »

DM,SBW
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »

What happened to this thread? And also R2D2's desertion of the Red Sox is spinesless.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 09:19:05 AM »

I tried getting into her music but found it to be pretty boring. Haven't listened to anything recent though so who knows. I do find her a bit pretentious occasionally though.

but yea, pretty much this:

Her music is fine, although there's a pronounced sameness to almost all of it. I appreciate how angry she makes people.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 09:19:48 AM »

What happened to this thread? And also R2D2's desertion of the Red Sox is spinesless.

Typical terrible Atlas sports takes.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 07:32:34 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2014, 07:36:06 PM by R2D2 »

I can't be upset that my favourite team dealt a guy who's been my favourite player ever since I watched him recover from cancer and throw a no-hitter? I'm still upset with the Devils for not resigning Martin Brodeur. It's not desertion so much as just holding a grudge that I'll get over.

Edit: and its pretty much an overstatement to say I'm an A's fan for the rest of the season, I'm an A's fan every 5 days when Lester pitches
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies