The Pac. Labeling reform act.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:12:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Pac. Labeling reform act.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Pac. Labeling reform act.  (Read 613 times)
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sponsor:Governor Cranberry.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »

Thank you Devin.

I guess this bill speaks for itsself. It aims to easen the lives of people in the Pacific that suffer from allergies and intolerances. My brother-in-law has a deadly nut allergy, and it is a pain to read all the ingredients, and yet at the end being not sure if he will be able to eat it or not. Upon passage of this bill, this will be the past, one look at the brown/red/green dot, and you know, a nut-allergic won't be able to eat it - it's easy, it's swift, it's so much more convenient.
The "Made in Pacific" and "Organic" labels are also there to strengthen the local economy - products produced in the Pacific will be easier found, and therefore bought more and in turn helps the Pacific food economy. The organic label helps organic farmers, both inside and outside the Pacific, and makes it easier for customers to find organic products.
Any opinions, critiques, amendments, anything?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 01:17:34 AM »

Guys?
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 08:07:29 PM »

Since there is no debate, a final vote is now open. Please vote Aye,Nay,or Abstain.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »

Aye
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 03:40:43 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2014, 03:45:28 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Folks, this needs to stop. I'm not saying it to be a total asshat, but we've got one person doing a lot of the work and not many people are engaging with the content he's putting forward. I mean, you guys didn't even say that you agreed with the bill... you just jumped to a vote.

Could we see, like... a bit of debate next time? Otherwise there won't be much incentive for Governor Cranberry to keep doing what he's doing. And it's really good work. Okay? I was glad to see some discussion on the anti-homelessness bill. Maybe use that as a model?
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »

Folks, this needs to stop. I'm not saying it to be a total asshat, but we've got one person doing a lot of the work and not many people are engaging with the content he's putting forward. I mean, you guys didn't even say that you agreed with the bill... you just jumped to a vote.

Could we see, like... a bit of debate next time? Otherwise there won't be much incentive for Governor Cranberry to keep doing what he's doing. And it's really good work. Okay? I was glad to see some discussion on the anti-homelessness bill. Maybe use that as a model?

Noted. That is good advice. The debate on the anti-homelessness bill was productive.

I, for one, mentioned that I agreed with this proposal on an earlier thread, and commented that there weren't any faults in need of mending. Sometimes, it is hard to debate something that everyone views as reasonable.  The Pacific Region does seem to have a sleepy government, but I think that's something we're all working on. From what I've heard, activity is increasing in this region, but it is still a work in progress.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »

Aye
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »

Not to be rude, but I would appreciate if you would back off and let me do my job. I just had my wisdom teeth out, so yeah I haven't really been in the mood for this. Besides,what was there to really say? It was pretty cut and dry. Anyway this bill has passed.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »

Maybe my comment was out of place, but the fact is you guys are under a little more scrutiny than everyone else, just because people are always talking about doing away with the Pacific. It's unfair, but it is what it is. I don't want to see the region disappear. And from the outside looking in, a thread with no discussion and the governor pleading for input doesn't really look good. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, I'll leave you be. I know it's a busy time.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 12:59:07 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies