Windjammer-Yankee Override, Redraft, Tabling, Expulsion and Introduction PPT...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:25:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Windjammer-Yankee Override, Redraft, Tabling, Expulsion and Introduction PPT...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Windjammer-Yankee Override, Redraft, Tabling, Expulsion and Introduction PPT...  (Read 2702 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 08:19:09 AM »

The only reason that amending the OSRP is a "long, piecemeal process" is that it's entirely unreadable.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 08:53:20 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Will this work?

This amendment has been adopted.

-------------------
Quote from: Restricted
Senators, you have 24 hours to object
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »

Ok, here's my only concern with this legislation. It's not against Windjammer. We all know he's nothing if not dedicated to his job. There probably will be less interested VP's though in the future.  Having a Senator that is PPT could maintain improved functionality if that becomes the case.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 01:20:41 PM »

Ok, here's my only concern with this legislation. It's not against Windjammer. We all know he's nothing if not dedicated to his job. There probably will be less interested VP's though in the future.  Having a Senator that is PPT could maintain improved functionality if that becomes the case.

Well,
Just to say that the VP can delegate basically all his duty to the PPT. This is the senate rules. (except the tie break of course).
So if the next VP wants to have a more discret role, he will be able to do that.
Have I answered to your concern?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 01:37:30 PM »

Hilariously, I'm pretty sure that Opebo would be eligible for execution by guillotine under TNF's bill.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 01:38:53 PM »

Hilariously, I'm pretty sure that Opebo would be eligible for execution by guillotine under TNF's bill.
Deus, I'm curious, could you develop? Tongue
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2014, 01:30:49 AM »

Deus, I'm curious, could you develop? Tongue
Wrong thread. Tongue
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2014, 10:54:24 AM »

I support enacting this in the interim, but we really do need to re-write the rules entirely, which is why I have introduced Nix's revised rules idea.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »

Oh, I didn't see someone has introduced the Averroes rules.

So I risk to have to administer my own political death?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »

Yankee's amendment has been adopted.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2014, 11:00:29 AM »

It may simply be the case that Windjammer went too far in the direction and as revising the power distribution agreement with the PPT may be in order.

There is a vital role for an active Senator as PPT and I don't see it as problematic that we have ran into this and need to revise. An active VP is still new and feeling out the possibilities takes time.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2014, 03:34:29 PM »

It may simply be the case that Windjammer went too far in the direction and as revising the power distribution agreement with the PPT may be in order.

There is a vital role for an active Senator as PPT and I don't see it as problematic that we have ran into this and need to revise. An active VP is still new and feeling out the possibilities takes time.

I never said it would be a problem, necessarily, Senator. I just want to make sure that Senate business continues functioning. This whole mess with the PPT election has absolutely thrown off the balance. I think Windjammer understands that once we elect a PPT, it won't really be necessary for him to be that active anymore.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »

No I don't understand.
I'm the president of the senate.

Ii don't consider myself as a member of the executive branch. I consider myself as a member of the legislative branch.

And yes indeed, I believe the PPT should have a role, not only replacing the VP, but the VP too.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »

You're the Vice President. You're a member of the executive branch of government.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »

You're the Vice President. You're a member of the executive branch of government.

No I'm not.
DemPGH has no control on me. He can't dismiss like he can do it with Averroes, Hagrid, nappy or anyone else.
Ii'm the president of the senate, Ii break the tie, that's enough for me to believe I'm in the legislative.

The fact that I'm the first in line of the succession for the president isn't enough for me to believe I'm in the executive branch. In thz USA, the president, the speaker are on the list, no one considers them as member of the executive branch.
In France, the President of the Senate is the first in line of succession if the President is vacant, and no one can say he's a member of the executive branch.

In terms of what he does Constitutionally, he's Legislative Branch.  Also, he draws his pay and submits his expenses to the Secretary of the Senate. He has been given some additional extra-constitutional functions in the past half century, but I'd still consider him to be Legislative Branch except when serving as Acting President during a Presidential disability.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »

http://www.whitehouse.gov/our-government/executive-branch
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2014, 03:53:25 PM »

Yes, because with Bush and Cheney, the VP is considered now in the executive branch.
That's constitutionnally not the case.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2014, 03:59:51 PM »

Because the V.P. is elected on an executive ticket, this is also my understanding.

The only thing the V.P. does that's related to the legislature is cast tie-breaking votes.

My computer's dictionary defines vice president as, "an official or executive ranking below, and deputizing for, a president." That meshes with how I understand the role.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

No-one asked me, but that hasn't stopped me before - my personal view remains that the "President of the Senate" nonsense is a poor piece of constitutional authorship in the original US constitution and should have been removed when we adopted it for our own needs in Atlasia. The Vice-President would ideally have no powers in the legislative branch but I would imagine we could start a strong tradition of the VP holding a Cabinet position.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »

That's not my interpretation of the role at all.

I'm nothing if I don't administer the senate slots.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2014, 04:08:34 PM »

And most of your predecessors, both in Atlasia and the US, have been more than content with that. Regardless of the merits thereof, you must at least acknowledge that the approach you have taken to your office is unconventional.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2014, 04:09:26 PM »

And most of your predecessors, both in Atlasia and the US, have been more than content with that. Regardless of the merits thereof, you must at least acknowledge that the approach you have taken to your office is unconventional.

Of course it is unconventional.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2014, 04:25:02 PM »

Of course it is unconventional.

Well then certainly you can understand the consternation your actions have elicited.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »

Everybody shhh until later
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »

Are we ready to put this out to pasture?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies